Do malaysians need an improvement in their criticisms attitude?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by koo_fan, Jan 12, 2008.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hi.

I've been thinking about this since i heard an opinion from an englishman.
    non-malaysian but have stayed here for 22 years.through his observation:
    this is what he said:-

(1) Most criticsms in malaysia are not well informed.

(2)Writers in Malaysia are just trying to be cynical in their writings without any solid background about the issue.

i think hes trying to say some malaysians are 'too nice' n being not brave enough to unbosom their thoughts.
    n some malaysians criticiss about everything around them bravely,cynically n sarcastically-without knowing the whole thing about it.

For malaysians who have been 'brave' in expressing opinions.i can give some examples.

for our sports community - we have azahan.a malaysian writer.Keep criticizing FAm all the way with no end.give some reviews to his articles

in our entertainment field - we have roslan aziz.one of malaysian idol's juries.keep hurting the contestants with his words.

n for BC forum - we have Pemuda.He is...Do i have to explain?we know him

these three person.i can say they are brave.
    but do they have a point to back them up?
    maybe - but how far?

for malaysians who give criticisms securely.

in sports - we have those reporters who keep backing up athletes n our sports organisations' mistakes.tryto make them look innocent.due to what factor?i dont know.

in BC forum - i have koo_fan in mind.she'll criticize someyhing but trying to deny some cases so that nobody will be hurt by those words.If she did hurt anybody,believe me,it is unitentional.subsquently,all the criticisms wont be well- delivered.

good to remember,malaysians live as a moderate community.since tunku's age.
    we have been taught to be careful when discussed,in a forum or general discussion.as we lived as a multi races community.
    it has been a culture for us - the malaysians.

the questions are - Is that appropriate for malaysians to move forward n be firm in their opinions?are we ready for this?do we have to make a move now?

Sorry if i have offended anyone.i have no other intention except to help in constructing a better nation for my motherland.

malaysians n non-malaysians.care to give comments?

2. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    There's no point in this thread. There are people like those you describe of in every country, there's no point in making generalizations. Furthermore, I can imagine this developing into a flame war of some sort, and even if it does not, what good comes out of threads such as this? I hope that you have either hoped for some good conclusion in mind with the start of this thread, and if you did not consider this, I hope you do so in the future.

3. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    Hi koo_fan, I can't really comment on Malaysia as I'm not malaysian. I can say thought that I think a lot of countries can be very critical of the sportspeople that play the national game.

In UK the press are very critical of the football and cricket teams because there is a much higher expectation of them. Ifyou care about a sport you become excited when the team is succesful but you can also become quite critical when the team is less succesful. I think, for example, that squash players in the UK are quite succesful but they get very little credit because the nation doesn't really care. The same's true to a lesser extent of Nathan Robertson and Gail Emms.

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Who will bother Hafiz or KKK/TBH's performance if they dont care abt them?

To critic on a proper way with tonnes of evidence and supportings for sure it's better. Theoretically yes, practically sorry. If YOU are Malaysian, you better accept it.

We learnt from our YB's.

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hehehhehe
    revive after 5 months
    it is so easy to say, to criticize, to talk, to complain, to give excuse....
    all is easy as long as using mouth.
    what have i done?

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    no worries mate. what goes around comes around. Just alienate those you feel are 'out cast'. Then they will learn.

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I suggested this thread to actually build malaysians' own identity.
    We are going to be like americans.Generally.
    Comments from simon cowell is not malaysian's.But seems we are going this way.

Is that proper ?