Hot News - New Website Of Bwf Up !!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kewsoo, Jan 14, 2008.

1. kewsoo

kewsoo Regular Member

Folks, New website of Internationalbadminton.org is up. This is the third version after April 2006 version.

Lot of contents, etc

same blue combination but with red flavour

will have to wait and see

2. sjeemsje

sjeemsje Regular Member

I have mixed feelings after my first impressions. A lot of cosmetic errors and missing functionality's and personally the layout I find very poor. But it looks promising in terms of content. It is too bad the BWF never took the opportunity to hire a profesional visual design/web agency with experience in sport websites.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Give it a bit more time...

..i also saw it...i also don't know why they're changing the look of the website, again, just as we're getting used to it already:confused:...I kinda like the flash feature being embedded on the front page (top right hand side)..
    Anyway, as somewhat discussed in this thread, below,
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29304
    after a few more tweaking, updates, i'm sure after a while we'll get accustomed to this new format/look....Hmm, speaking of which, i don't recall if this is the same format/look as used while the IBF/BWF HQ was still in England?!:confused:

#3 ctjcad, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  4. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    As far as i can remember, it wasn't

5. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

This looks so amateur. They need to put money into hiring real web designers if they're going to revamp the page, this looks like something any myspace user could put together. At least the old one looked professional - albeit boring and uninformative.

6. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

As a real web designer (well, almost real), I agree. ;)

Some parts of the site look good, such as their photograph of "continents as marbles" in the header. But the whole site is badly thrown together; nothing really fits.

The flash header is awful. They have a dull, old-fashioned logo, so they try to spice it up by applying cheesy Flash shimmers and lens flare animations. :rolleyes:

The code is just terrible.

And why have they put the letter "v" after most navigation items? "Badminton v"? :confused:

7. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    still relatively poor, compared to the old IBF website, this is rediculous.
    And the person is obviously careless and have no creativity.
    They have yet to correct the simple error like the one in ranking page, if u look at the heading tell me what is the difference between "Family Name" and "Last name"???? Why are they allowing such person to design the web, sounds like money is wrongly allocated into somebody else's pocket.. I wouldn't be surprised at all

8. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    At least it doesn't lag like crazy like the old BWF site. Whenever I went on the old one, it'd take forever just to load teh rankings page.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    among other things, i think IBF needs to learn from other professional sports on how to properly design a website. just look at NBA.com, NFL.com, NHL.com, none of them are perfect but at least is visually coherent and appealing.

anybody want to help me re-design the BC front page to look like NBA.com? i will pay you with eternal gratitude and a BC t-shirt. ;)

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    probably not the reaction that kewsoo is looking for. ;)

but kewsoo, don't take it personally, there are a lot you can learn from our comments and reactions, next time when you redesign the BWF website (yet again), you can make it better.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Any takers???..

..hmmm, eternal gratitude???..don't everyone jump on it at the same time, now:p..;)..

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    ... and how much would this Eternal Gratitude be in US Dollars? :D
    If not US Dollars, could I get paid in US Racquets? :p

13. kewsoo

kewsoo Regular Member

Kwun,

i am neither instrumental nor the creator implicitly or explicitly for the redesigning for the BWF website to be offended. I am a professional cost accountant. I think there is a misconception about myself here and nothing personal. But i got the message and i will henceforth stop writing in BC.

Thanks everyone.

14. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Whoa there! Don't be so easily upset. ;) No-one means any harm here -- they're just expressing their opinions on the BWF website. If you are associated with BWF, this feedback should be as gold dust to you.

Better yet, go to a web design forum and get a critique.

15. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Hi Kwun, Do you mean kewsoo designed the website?
    To kewsoo, I don't understand why you took it so personally, the truth is there are still many things to improve on the website, and it is no where near completion, that is all I can say. Thanks

16. event

event Regular Member

Cosmetics are the last thing I look at. I'm still hoping the functionality gets back to what it was in '05. And the new website inches closer to that. The historical rankings seem to have been fixed. Also, the tournament results now go back to the '90s. Until last week, they started in mid-2002. The head-to-head selection has the spacing fixed. Before the ID and name, etc. didn't line up so I was always entering the wrong data in the wrong field.

Still no scores or rounds in the head-to-heads and the function whereby you could click on a player's past tournament result and get the list of opponents and scores seems to be permanently lost.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yeah..

..and i was wondering the same also..Rather than keep on changing its look/format, they could've invested more time by improving/adding more infos/stats to the site for the last 2+ years, couldn't they?? Rather than keep on changing its look/format but then losing/eliminating other important feature(s) along the way..:p
    Imagine if kwun decides to completely tear down and redesign the look/format of BC, say, once every 2 yrs?? hmmm:confused: :rolleyes:...naaah, it's not gonna happen, would it??....oh wait, he's offering a chance, for anyone, to redesign the front page of BC!!..:p ;)