User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    LCW has been MAS #1 player since 2005 taking over from WCH and currently among the top 3 world best players. In the 4 years since, MAS has not 'discover' 'produce' anyone to take over from LCW despite all the heavy funding invested into the sport and the numerous coaches that came and gone, including the current stable of coaches with all the medals hanging from their necks. Either there is no decent youngsters for these coaches to coach into becoming a world beater or simply, the coaches ain't good. More coaches come calling, so who are these coaches going to coaching
    BAM, please consider this below :

BAM should put out a REWARD of US$1M for anyone to beat LCW as MAS #1 in 2010. I bet you it will draw the players out to 'outgun' him. I think it is pretty safe for BAM (I don't think it will be collected) but if someone does come out and beat him it will be great. Even if no one beats him, it will raise the standards without a doubt.

Yes, TKH should come back and lead the doubles training. He is very dedicated to his profession and brings results.
    Last edited by X Ball; 01-01-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On TKH, I agree it can only do good for MAS MD. Coaches are plenty, when a player retires after playing a lifetime of professional baddy, what other jobs can provide a decent income other than coaching professional baddy when the pay master is the MAS government funded by tax-payers and the sport in MAS is akin to a religion.
    Err, read the BH article again OTB. NSC is not paying for TKH's salary, and from another thread, not Hendrawan's salary either. BAM supposed is tight on cash flow & could not afford to hire another coach(do your own search on all those news reports).

+ NSC has announced 2010 funding for all sports reduced. Means less than 2009, 2009 was less than 2008. BAM had sponsors but needed to look for more, which they did try.

TKH has coached in Korea & England. We shall have his official reason for returning once he is back in Feb 2010.

As for the coaches thingy, they coach 1st,2nd & 3rd team, which comes up to many pairs, just you all didnt realise. Perhaps we ask our INA fans how many pairs MK/Hendra's coach at PBSI had under him.

And baddy is not as high profile as you think. Football is more popular.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-01-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Err, read the BH article again OTB. NSC is not paying for TKH's salary, and from another thread, not Hendrawan's salary either. BAM supposed is tight on cash flow & could not afford to hire another coach(do your own search on all those news reports).

+ NSC has announced 2010 funding for all sports reduced. Means less than 2009, 2009 was less than 2008. BAM had sponsors but needed to look for more, which they did try.

TKH has coached in Korea & England. We shall have his official reason for returning once he is back in Feb 2010.

As for the coaches thingy, they coach 1st,2nd & 3rd team, which comes up to many pairs, just you all didnt realise. Perhaps we ask our INA fans how many pairs MK/Hendra's coach at PBSI had under him.

And baddy is not as high profile as you think. Football is more popular.
    Thanks for update...Regardless of who is paying for coaches salaries, my point is, it is easy to find highly reputed baddy coaches, in the end, it is the results that matters....that being, who is to replace LCW and TBH/KKK and that is since 2005? 2010 TC, look like HH would be 2nd MS, and probably has to rein in uncle WCH to play 3rd single and a shaky Fuzzy pair. Let's hope for HH his yo-yo is on the up side at TC2010
    Talent in juniors are great but in the past, promising juniors had faded away. So, despite all these great coaches, since 2005 we are still banking on LCW and KKK/TBH, that is great news to those who pay the coaches salaries since 2005 regardless of who is paying. ...Football/soccer is more popular, I agree, but as a spectator and gambling sport. Even as a teenager in KL, I would go with my brother to see Merdeka Cup, packed full house yet we never play football cos' there is no soccer field to play (the only field close to our area is the field near the Pudu Jail and the field is dangerous and not looked after. My schooling from primary through secondary does not have soccer field but when it comes to badminton, even though our schools are perenial first round knockouts, we have indoor badminton court and plenty outdoor courts. I should have said when it comes to playing, badminton in MAS is far more popular and widely played than soccer and MAS heavy funding in baddy is because this is the only sport that can medal, soccer err...that is a different story

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like everybody is so interested about tan kim her's back to malaysia

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Looks like everybody is so interested about tan kim her's back to malaysia
    maybe tan kim her should patner hafiz & kuan beng hong in MD so to save BAM some registration fees.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for update...Regardless of who is paying for coaches salaries, my point is, it is easy to find highly reputed baddy coaches, in the end, it is the results that matters....that being, who is to replace LCW and TBH/KKK and that is since 2005? 2010 TC, look like HH would be 2nd MS, and probably has to rein in uncle WCH to play 3rd single and a shaky Fuzzy pair. Let's hope for HH his yo-yo is on the up side at TC2010
    Ok uncle, thanks for the story of your watching experiences. My experience was different, people play football in every housing area field & school, but hard to find baddy court.

See the other MD pairs, China still largely depend on Fu/Cai, Korea on LYD/JJS, Indonesia on MK/Hendra when it comes to winning titles. You can refer to AlanY's stats. They also have WJC & AJC, some have larger pool of players to choose from but still..

Basically, as far as I'm concerned, Tan KH come back is filling the vacancy that Cheah Soon Kit left, just different roles. No addition, just back to 2008 bf CSK resign. And that it's necessary as there're more & more pairs moving up to back-up every year, winning AJC, WJC along the way. If not, sooner or later Pang(even with Rexy helping) will faint.

Look at the new names, the GP Gold winner I was refering to is not Fuzzy, I'm expecting the back-up to play 2nd MD in TC, Fuzzy can take rest lah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Ok uncle, thanks for the story of your watching experiences. My experience was different, people play football in every housing area field & school, but hard to find baddy court.

See the other MD pairs, China still largely depend on Fu/Cai, Korea on LYD/JJS, Indonesia on MK/Hendra when it comes to winning titles. You can refer to AlanY's stats. They also have WJC & AJC, some have larger pool of players to choose from but still..

Basically, as far as I'm concerned, Tan KH come back is filling the vacancy that Cheah Soon Kit left, just different roles. No addition, just back to 2008 bf CSK resign. And that it's necessary as there're more & more pairs moving up to back-up every year, winning AJC, WJC along the way. If not, sooner or later Pang(even with Rexy helping) will faint.

Look at the new names, the GP Gold winner I was refering to is not Fuzzy, I'm expecting the back-up to play 2nd MD in TC, Fuzzy can take rest lah.
    I do agree TKH return to MAS can only be good for MAS MD seeing what TKH has done for ENG and KOR. Eventually JR MD has to rise pretty fast to backup TBH/KKK.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 01-03-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was still a big question mark on my mind--MAS have a large pool of MD juniors & have produced so many pairs of MD WJ champions but once they have reached the senior stage,mostly was just faded away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    There was still a big question mark on my mind--MAS have a large pool of MD juniors & have produced so many pairs of MD WJ champions but once they have reached the senior stage,mostly was just faded away.
    Yes, exactly.....sad to say, almost all faded away, only TBH made it to senior level....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    They're still around, if you mean those from recent years, only Hoon/TBH were WJC. The 2008 ones, still green, also the coaches changed their partners. The 2009 one, not yet start.KKK was AJC.
    Similar case with Korea, only LYD really made it. Lee Jae Jin/Hwang were AJC though.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-04-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Chief coach Rexy in the dark about Kim Her’s return

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...975&sec=sports

Honestly, I do not know what to say. I am the doubles chief coach but I did not know anything about the appointment,” said Rexy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

Honestly, I do not know what to say. I am the doubles chief coach but I did not know anything about the appointment,” said Rexy.
    I also saw the news. And how about this one :

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...906&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I also saw the news. And how about this one :

Thats what we called the whole system is having problems........

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Thats what we called the whole system is having problems........
    Just like mas's football association? FAM?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy All these news are not good for MAS Badminton

The NSC director Datuk Zolkples Embong confirmed not knowing or referred to about the appointment of Tan Kim Her (Post #29):
    http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_Ne...cle/index_html

Then, National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky confirmed that he also did not know anything about the appointment; "I have no answer on the role of Kim Her because I do not know about it myself":

And now, National singles chief coach Rashid Sidek said there was no request for a doubles coach, but a pressing need for a singles coach to assist Hendrawan:

All these news are not good for MAS Badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    The NSC director Datuk Zolkples Embong confirmed not knowing or referred to about the appointment of Tan Kim Her (Post #29):
    http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_Ne...cle/index_html

Then, National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky confirmed that he also did not know anything about the appointment; "I have no answer on the role of Kim Her because I do not know about it myself":

And now, National singles chief coach Rashid Sidek said there was no request for a doubles coach, but a pressing need for a singles coach to assist Hendrawan:

All these news are not good for MAS Badminton.
    Yes, indeed not good for badminton development in Mas........total break down of communication within a team.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, poor TKH.....if I were TKH, i will feel not welcome by Mas......better joint KLRC...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast