User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm
    to uncle otb
    do u know that tan kim her is a double coach?
    do u know how many pair of doubles in bam now?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Tan will get a fair deal in this set up. His credentials wasn't appreciated in the first place. It was reported that he wants his children to be back in Malaysia and maybe he just accepted any arrangements to come back to coach.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Tan Kim Her will be returning home to Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post

to uncle otb

It's good limsy... Let's keep this thread on-topic;
    * About Tan Kim Her returning home to Malaysia
    * About how MAS Doubles can benefit from TKH returning home.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    LCW has been MAS #1 player since 2005 taking over from WCH and currently among the top 3 world best players. In the 4 years since, MAS has not 'discover' 'produce' anyone to take over from LCW despite all the heavy funding invested into the sport and the numerous coaches that came and gone, including the current stable of coaches with all the medals hanging from their necks. Either there is no decent youngsters for these coaches to coach into becoming a world beater or simply, the coaches ain't good. More coaches come calling, so who are these coaches going to coaching
    Tan KH is MD coach OTB. That should be obvious in the BH & Star article.
    Doubles dept has 3 category leh : MD, WD, XD. Refer to MO 2010 M & Q list :
    Elit MD itself has KKK/TBH, Fuzzy. Then the back up under Pang has 5 to 6 pairs. That also not including 2 pairs just promoted from BJSS.
    Then XD, another 4 to 5 pairs, if include the new rookies 6 to 7 - 1 coach only. WD : 3 to 4 pairs- also 1 coach.

The NSC Director doesnt seem to fully comprehend how many pairs the coaches have to take care of, just look at total no of coaches & he say too many. Same like in 2008 he said squash has more coaches than baddy. If that's the case, how come now he say baddy has too many coaches?
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 12-30-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    google translated from http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_Ne...cle/index_html
    ================================================== =======

wonder how they settle this problem?
    Maybe like Hendrawan, 3rd party pay . Not all coaches salary come from NSC, BAM need source from sponsors

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is
    pairs in md(excluded koo/tan and fuzzy)
    4 pairs of wd(excluded wong/chin)
    7 pairs of xd(excluded koo/wong)

19 pairs to handle
    tan kim her should handle 2/3 pairs of md in my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It seems like..

..BAM/MAS' Thomas Squad is prepping up well (just in time) for next yr's Thomas Cup. Loading up with Hendrawan, Rexy, the Sidek brothers and now Tan Kim Her back in the saddle, they sure have a formidable coaching staff to lead their charges.........why not include YKH in the mix as well??..

Boy, this better work, or else we'll be hearing the same old tune from limsy's buddy, Master P.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..BAM/MAS' Thomas Squad is prepping up well (just in time) for next yr's Thomas Cup. Loading up with Hendrawan, Rexy, the Sidek brothers and now Tan Kim Her back in the saddle, they sure have a formidable coaching staff to lead their charges.........why not include YKH in the mix as well??..

Boy, this better work, or else we'll be hearing the same old tune from limsy's buddy, Master P.
    hmm
    i not close to him
    sorry
    george closer with him

well,as for ykh,he doing a good job retained the wjc md titles that won by teo/mak last year
    and we won the ajc team champion too
    ykh suits bjss well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Tan KH is MD coach OTB. That should be obvious in the BH & Star article.
    Doubles dept has 3 category leh : MD, WD, XD. Refer to MO 2010 M & Q list :
    Elit MD itself has KKK/TBH, Fuzzy. Then the back up under Pang has 5 to 6 pairs. That also not including 2 pairs just promoted from BJSS.
    Then XD, another 4 to 5 pairs, if include the new rookies 6 to 7 - 1 coach only. WD : 3 to 4 pairs- also 1 coach.

The NSC Director doesnt seem to fully comprehend how many pairs the coaches have to take care of, just look at total no of coaches & he say too many. Same like in 2008 he said squash has more coaches than baddy. If that's the case, how come now he say baddy has too many coaches?
    Oops...screw-up, must be old age, I was reading the comment from Zolples about too many coaches so why need more duh...thanks eagle for clarifying, then adding TKH for MD makes sense da...now, with these high profile, expensive coaches, are the current players any good for them to coach?...on the singles front, I counted 3 or more coaches and only one world class player unless you include MAS 2nd best player, the recycled former world class HH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kım Her would probably be coachıng the 2nd ranked paırs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation How ironic ...

hmm
    to uncle otb
    My first post of 2010 ...

For those who have been screaming that the forum is scattered with abuses and personal attacks. These are the same people calling for more objective discussions. Yes, the very same people who is advocating for less of "I" or "you" when postings. Some are even talking about legal action etc etc.

Above is an example of when it comes to walking the talk, I guess its a different story altogether.

limsy, all OTB said was since 2005 other than LCW, Malaysia, despite all the investments and coaching expertise neither discovered nor produced anyone remotely close to LCW. This is a fact. Nothing personal against any shuttlers nor the coaches. Even if we dont agree with OTB's opinion, we gotta respect his right to voice them though. As such the above reply to OTB is to put it mildly, not suitable and bordering on being personal.

If we are serious in making this forum better for all AND not only for our own 'select' group, then we need to walk that talk of ours. There is a malay saying, jangan cakap tak seropa bikin.

The best part is, for those crusading for a 'better' forum, they are suddenly in silent mode when one of their 'own' is found dishing out comments that are personal.

Happy 2010 to all. May we have a happy and healthy year ahead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Oops...screw-up, must be old age, I was reading the comment from Zolples about too many coaches so why need more duh...thanks eagle for clarifying, then adding TKH for MD makes sense da...now, with these high profile, expensive coaches, are the current players any good for them to coach?...on the singles front, I counted 3 or more coaches and only one world class player unless you include MAS 2nd best player, the recycled former world class HH
    Happy new year Uncle OTB,haha.

I dont recall Tan Kim Her ever coaching singles, so your earlier post in LCW, singles,etc didnt click. Also, there's already a lot of discussion on singles players & coaches issue in other threads(you know lah which thread i refering). Even in singles, Hendrawan coaches 9 MS players.

Singles situation is different than doubles : Rexy & gang had to take over WD when CSK left in 2008, same coaches, more work. Rexy came in 2005, Msia won AE & AG after he came.

MD back-up has/will have 2008 AJC & WJC and 2009 WJC, winner of 2009 GP Gold, International Challenge. XD has 2007 AJC & WJC, IC winner. If WJC not good enuf.......Pls look up 2007,2008,2009 Msia Juniors threads on who's who <hint2>.
    If the 8 MD pairs(or total 19 pairs) go for tournament, sure got matches clash, the coaches have headache, like what is happening now.

Let's wait till Tan KH came back for CNY & see which pairs he coach.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-01-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow BAM is trying hard to improve Malaysia's standing in World Badminton

I dont recall Tan Kim Her ever coaching singles, so your earlier post in LCW, singles,etc didnt click. Also, there's already a lot of discussion on singles players & coaches issue in other threads(you know lah which thread i refering). Even in singles, Hendrawan coaches 9 MS players.

Singles situation is different than doubles : Rexy & gang had to take over WD when CSK left in 2008, same coaches, more work. Rexy came in 2005, Msia won AE & AG after he came.

MD back-up has/will have 2008 AJC & WJC and 2009 WJC, winner of 2009 GP Gold, International Challenge. XD has 2007 AJC & WJC, IC winner. If WJC not good enuf.......Pls look up 2007,2008,2009 Msia Juniors threads on who's who <hint2>.
    If the 8 MD pairs(or total 19 pairs) go for tournament, sure got matches clash, the coaches have headache, like what is happening now.

As ants has posted, Kım Her would probably be coachıng the 2nd ranked paırs.

We can see how BAM is trying hard to improve Malaysia's standing in World Badminton, by employing more and more better coaches.

IMHO, Malaysia needs to scout around for more young talented players. Having better coaches, but without talented players like LCW, KKK, TBH, etc..., would not be "The Solution".

Malaysian schools should be actively involved in this. As soon as a particular student is found to have good aptitude for Badminton, they should inform BAM immediately.

This is just my opinion.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

i wont reply any off topic post here with discus about ms coaching setup when tan kim her is a double coach

let see how bam settle tan kim her salary problem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    only
    thats funny that i found out when u write "u",mean u are not friendly to that person
    someone think that i am disagreeing when i ask one member 2 questions
    my question is,so,we wont become a better forum just because there is question for bcer to answer
    so,do ask me any question ya
    oh ya,i thought there is a police in bc saying i off topic at several thread,and now he is doing so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best wishes to you too, Eagle...my original post was not so much on TKH, whose credentials in MD is exceptional, but with MAS (or tax payers)generous funding in baddy, hiring the best coaches yet since 2005 MAS national team only has a world class 27-yr old MS who can challenge CHN (maybe for 2 more years if LCW stays healthy) and a world top ranked MD pair, after that unless these 'super high profile coaches' can produce players to take over, otherwise MAS is in deep trouble...Pemuda comments correctly reflects what I posted.
    On TKH, I agree it can only do good for MAS MD. Coaches are plenty, when a player retires after playing a lifetime of professional baddy, what other jobs can provide a decent income other than coaching professional baddy when the pay master is the MAS government funded by tax-payers and the sport in MAS is akin to a religion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up If no one is being obnoxious, then everyone is happy

i wont reply any off topic post here with discus about ms coaching setup when tan kim her is a double coach

let see how bam settle tan kim her salary problem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    only
    thats funny that i found out when u write "u",mean u are not friendly to that person
    someone think that i am disagreeing when i ask one member 2 questions
    my question is,so,we wont become a better forum just because there is question for bcer to answer
    so,do ask me any question ya
    oh ya,i thought there is a police in bc saying i off topic at several thread,and now he is doing so

What is posted is posted. If the main topic of the thread is still flowing, and no one is being obnoxious, then everyone is happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Its how you put forward your questions

I mean ... really, its 2010 and if you still dont get it, all the best to you then.

Its for all to see. I will leave it as that.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast