User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    I don't think Tan will get a fair deal in this set up. His credentials wasn't appreciated in the first place. It was reported that he wants his children to be back in Malaysia and maybe he just accepted any arrangements to come back to coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Seriously, poor TKH.....if I were TKH, i will feel not welcome by Mas......better joint KLRC...
    That's what I said earlier....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, poor TKH.....if I were TKH, i will feel not welcome by Mas......better joint KLRC...
    Errr, if he can join KLRC, they already have Cheah SK there.And a lot of KLRC doubles players have left/retired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Errr, if he can join KLRC, they already have Cheah SK there.And a lot of KLRC doubles players have left/retired.
    he can pair up with CSK there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    he can pair up with CSK there!
    I heard KLRC no more as training center in Msia, they just sponsor players(someone pls confirm?).
    That means no more coaching team I think - so TKH cannot go KLRC also. Maybe that's why CSK was working on a baddy academy with someone.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-07-2010 at 05:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up BAM will now hold a meeting to review the MAS Doubles coaching set-up

Seriously, poor TKH.....if I were TKH, i will feel not welcome by Mas......

BAM will now hold a meeting to review the MAS Doubles coaching set-up.
    Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...281&sec=sports

A meeting will be held soon to clearly define the role of Tan Kim Her as a coach in the men’s doubles department of the national set-up.

This was the assurance given by the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president, Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, yesterday.

The BAM hired the former national doubles shuttler recently to add depth to their coaching set-up.

Unfortunately, doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky and his team were not told about the decision to bring Kim Her into the BAM fold but generally, they welcome his return to the national team.

The better way to have done it was to inform Rexy and his team to enable them to make the necessary changes to the delegation of work among them before the start of the year.

Nadzmi said that the BAM were proud to bring back Kim Her to their stable after he has had the experience in coaching South Korean and English national doubles shutttlers for the last five years.

“It has always been our plan to bring back Kim Her to Malaysia. And when the opportunity was there, we jumped right into it,” he said.

“Sometimes, there is no need to consult everyone in making a decision. This decision was taken at a different level of management.

“At the end of the day, the BAM are still responsible in ensuring quality in the programme for both the singles and doubles departments.

“We (the coaching and training committee) believed that there was a need for a change in the men’s doubles department to make it even more solid. And we believe that Kim Her’s presence is in accordance with our plan.”

Nadzmi, who is also the coaching and training committee chairman, said that he would hold a meeting soon to review the doubles coaching set-up.

“The chief coaches will be present at this meeting and we will look into how best we can make use of all the resources that we have,” he said.

The doubles coaches under Rexy’s jurisdiction are Rosman Razak (elite men), Pang Cheh Chang (men’s back-up), Chang Kim Wai (women’s doubles) and Jeremy Gan (mixed doubles).
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-08-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Meeting should be held first before hiring is done

I just got back from Perth where my company conducted our 2010 kick off meeting. For over two days, we discussed about the organization's business plans, goals, budget, initiatives etc etc for the year.

And one of the agenda was headcount for Malaysia. In 2009, our Malaysian office requested for approval for two additional headcount. Unlike BAM, we did not hire first and then conduct a meeting. We dont do things on a ad hoc basis, we planned for it first. We dont hire first and then do some fire fighting. Anyway, we got the approval from Melbourne for the 2 additional headcount but there is a condition, we need to deliver our promises to the shareholders. In summary, we need to make more $$.

I got nothing against Tan Kim Her. Infact, I know his brother who operates the pro shop in Subang, selling Protech stuff. Decent fella, the brother. To hire TKH even before consulting with Rexy is unprofessional to say the least. But this being BAM, I guess this sort of thing is pretty normal.

The million dollar question is ... do we need TKH? Bearing in mind, BAM intend to operate within a certain budget this year, thus do we need the additional headcount in TKH? Is it nescessary to hire TKH or hiring TKH is something nice to do?

We have Rexy as our head doubles coach. Why make the man the head coach when we dont consult him? Plus under Rexy, we have a host of doubles coaches, do we need another one?

Its time BAM operates like a business. There must be stewardship. If not, we will always be throwing away good money for poor results and wishy washy set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM just want to lock up Tan Kim Her. When the opportunity shows up.. they will seize it right away. We have a decent coaching setup for Doubles already... what we lack is more in the Singles Department. This is also needed to at least get some winning points for Future Thomas Cup outing.. 2010.. might be a little hard. What if LCW get injured?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    BAM just want to lock up Tan Kim Her. When the opportunity shows up.. they will seize it right away. We have a decent coaching setup for Doubles already... what we lack is more in the Singles Department. This is also needed to at least get some winning points for Future Thomas Cup outing.. 2010.. might be a little hard. What if LCW get injured?
    hmm
    so that is the correct word?
    anyway
    tkh had done his best in both korea and england
    those who keep tracking will know his achievement
    its a big waste to let him go at the 1st place

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim Her did in fact want to come home. He misses home already. So it would be better if he is in BAM rather than somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default We dont have a bottomless pit

Its high time BAM operates within budget because public funds are not to be taken like some free pass. Operate within the budget given and deliver on its promises. Thats the way forward. No more 'boria' like set up.

We dont need TKH because we got Rexy & co. We cannot just go about hiring or taking in everyone and his pet dog.

And taking in TKH without getting Rexy's input is a mistake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim Her did in fact want to come home. He misses home already. So it would be better if he is in BAM rather than somewhere else.
    Bro,

I believe there are a lot of Malaysians out there who would love to come home ... but the reality is that we cannot take in everyone.

In Perth, I went to a nice chinese restaurant yesterday for lunch and I met a Malaysian couple working there. We chatted a bit. They have been away from home for 15 years. They too missed home, their relatives, food, etc etc.

Question is with Rexy and co, do we need a TKH?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    anyway
    tkh had done his best in both korea and england
    those who keep tracking will know his achievement
    its a big waste to let him go at the 1st place
    Haha, they tried to get TKH back in 2006, didnt happen, so TKH went England.
    BAM also need the get the salary issue solved, as you know,it wouldnt be from NSC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes
    i know what u mean
    but
    bam was wrong at the 1st place to let him go
    after saw his achievement in korea and england
    just want him back
    what a loser action
    Last edited by limsy; 01-10-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, they tried to get TKH back in 2006, didnt happen, so TKH went England.
    BAM also need the get the salary issue solved, as you know,it wouldnt be from NSC.
    yes
    they try when they saw how success he is in korea
    lol
    erm
    u need to post it with bigger front
    someone who just comeback to malaysia doesnt know this and he made noise as if tax payer need to pay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone who just comeback to malaysia doesnt know this and he made noise as if tax payer need to pay
    This thread doesnt have so many pages, you already posted the news article somewhere in page 2,3 or 4.
    Dunno if will end up like Hendrawan, 'third party' pay. The BAM side big shots (Datuk Nadzmi , Ganga Rao) seem confident when they sign TKH, like they sure there will be funds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes
    they try when they saw how success he is in korea
    lol
    erm
    Yes, limsy I just got back. Had a great meeting in Perth.
    Lets not be emotional. Even if it is not from BAM/NSC, it will be from some other quasi government agency.
    Last edited by Pemuda; 01-10-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread doesnt have so many pages, you already posted the news article somewhere in page 2,3 or 4.
    Dunno if will end up like Hendrawan, 'third party' pay. The BAM side big shots (Datuk Nadzmi , Ganga Rao) seem confident when they sign TKH, like they sure there will be funds.
    oh
    i dont know
    maybe somone dont know that hendrawan not paid by government
    so,tkh should be in the same case
    anyway
    he also often claim i get emotional
    as if he is the one who studying counselling psycholgy

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast