Whats your pick on these racquets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mybmwis, Jan 15, 2008.

1. mybmwis

mybmwis New Member

Hey Guys, I'll start off with a little background info... I've been playing badminton for about 7 years? I was in the HS school team and also College school team. I would say I'm a my level is floating around C level?

I have a MP-77 and also a BK PC-67, I notice that I can't use the MP-77 to its full potential, as I believe its too heavy/stiff of a racket for me, where as for the BK, it suits me quite well. So well that I brought a 2nd one as my spare.

Now my question:
    I moved out of town for school, and I don't have ANY badminton equipment with me. Since I'm only here temporary, I'm looking to buy a cheap racket. Of all the ones listed, which one would you get and WHY?

Iso 30VF -$30
    Iso 30DF -$30
    Iso75MFL -$45
    Carb8400 -$50

All prices are listed in Canadian.

Please help me out!

Thanks!

2. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Hmm usually a C level player would have adequate strength and also good wrist movements, but you found the Mp77 to stiff and heavy?..Makes me wonder..o_O

Anyways back on topic, i dont know a whole lot about low end rackets but CAB8400 hs teh oval shape so i dunno if taht matters. Fairly Light and requires quite a bit of wrist IMO. ISO 75MFL is i guess considered an "overall" low end racket. Not too stiff, not too heavy and its nice cuz its iso so larger sweetspot.

Thats all i can provide for info. Id say u cant really go wrong with either of these ;)

3. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

All the iso's are somewhat "good" racquets. I'd vote the 75mfl as well. The two other iso's are way to flexible.

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, agreed, the iso75 is definitely the only one amongst the 4 that plays like a decent high-end racquet should.

5. mybmwis

mybmwis New Member

Wow... 3 of 3 picked the iso75 MFL?
    I would think it would be a mix between iso75 and the carb8400.

If I am more of a defensive player, would that change anyone's recommendation of the iso75?

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Stick to ur mp77 first..force urself to get used to it,n later,make a full use of it.Once u're used to it,u'll see its full potential.

7. mybmwis

mybmwis New Member

The MP77 is still nice, but I just find the PC67 suits me better.

Without a doubt I would use the MP77 if given the choice, but as I said from my first post, I am out of town for school, hence the choice for cheapie rackets.

But I'm most likely going to go for the iso75.

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Is your MP77 2U or 3U?

9. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    MP 77 is very hard to find now in Msia. It s very good overall racket. I ve used 2U from 2003 - 2005 until it break up on frame. Where can i buy it again now (prefer 3U)? If it still available on Malaysia? Pls inform me...TQ