User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as much as we hate Hafiz, he is still indispensable. He at least can be counted on as the 3rd singles in easier situations..... And because of his reputation in AE03, we still think that he *might* be able to pull off something if the odds are stacked against him. I still remember 2002 Thomas Cup where he managed to beat Bao in the Thomas Cup Semifinals.... However, after saying that, Tsuen Seng, DID beat Taufik and ignited the imagination of Malaysians in the Thomas Cup Finals. Too bad our two doubles lost...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the results in my blog:

Lee Chong Wei 91.5%
    Wong Choong Hann 83%
    Lee Tsuen Seng 42.6%
    Hafiz Hashim 31.9%

percentages are the percentage of people that voted for that player (each person was allowed to vote 4 times... )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am MAS supporter. Sure i supports all MAS player. But not HH. I support those who are really giving 100% their efforts to play and to act as a professional badminton player.

Imagine if LCW behave like HH...
    Imagine if
    KKK behave like HH...

We hope, then we dissapointed....how to support?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HH is rank at a worst 24 in latest WR!
    Even below Lee TS (18) & his brother Roslin (23)
    Can u guys imagine What will the outcome if the score were tied at 2-2; HH being fielded as 3rd Singles to get the winning points

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yala!
    BAM had done a stupid mistake by taking HH as 3RD singles!!!
    HH will slip more further IMHO....
    MAYBE 30 like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading today's intv with CTF/LWW, I have rough idea why they chose Hafiz for TC qualifier. Doesnt mean I agree, LTS or junior Tan CS would have been better. Figure it out yourself why :

from the Star

Two pairs relish chance to collect rankings points in Vietnam

KUALA LUMPUR: Two of Malaysia’s men’s pairs – Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif – are in luck.

In the absence of China and Indonesia, these two pairs can concentrate on giving it their all in the Thomas Cup qualifying tournament at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, from Feb 19-24 and rake in precious rankings points to boost their quest for places in the Beijing Olympics.

China and Indonesia have already qualified for the Thomas Cup Finals by virtue of being the defending champions and hosts.
    The Finals is from May 11-18.

Said Wan Wah: “Unlike China and Indonesia, we have one extra tournament to improve on our world rankings.

“We need to win a minimum of two matches to secure good ranking points. This will be an extra motivation for us to do well.

“Besides, we did not compete at the last year’s Sudirman Cup (world mixed team).

“That means, all the points collected during this team event (at the qualifiers) will be added to our world rankings.

“There will not be any deduction of points, unlike for those who had featured in the Sudirman Cup.

“This is a good opportunity for us to catch up on the pairs ranked ahead of us in the world standings.”

Wan Wah-Tan Fook are currently ranked fourth in the world while Fairuzizuan-Zakry are in the 14th spot. Both are ranked behind the country’s world number three Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.

“We are not trying to get the better of our team-mates here. The more Malaysian pairs we have at the top, the better it is for us,” said Wan Wah.
    A country can have a maximum of three pairs in the Olympics if all are in the top four of the world rankings. But they can only have two representatives if both are in the top 16 bracket.

On the Thomas Cup qualifying tournament, Malaysia should have no problem coming through as one of the top four qualifiers from the Asian region.
    In fact, the only real threat to them emerging as the Asian qualifying tournament champions are South Korea.

The other nations in with a shot at making the top four are Hong Kong, Singapore, India and Taiwan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand now..Hafiz Hashim need some ranking points to achieve his Olympic Game dream but i think his chance is very slim.I really don't know whether i should put hope on him again or not.In my heart,i am still hoping he can buck up but i think i am very silly to have such thinking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is because BAM is very confident that HH win or lose will not affect the mas team in TC qualifying round.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    I am MAS supporter. Sure i supports all MAS player. But not HH. I support those who are really giving 100% their efforts to play and to act as a professional badminton player.
    How do you know that HH is not giving 100%?

Not that I am defending him, but I feel his problems are more mental preparation, one that he couldn't get out of.

Best of luck to HH at KLRC, I hope he finds what he was looking for. Misbun once ventured on his own to train in 1982, but that was because he felt the BAM training then was inadequate. Which was quite true, actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday February 4, 2008
    Malaysian doubles rankings a guessing game for rivals

By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: Malaysia could keep their rivals guessing over the next two-and-a-half months on who will be their number one pair for the Thomas Cup Finals in Jakarta in May.
    The current top two pairs are Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah at number three and number four in the world rankings respectively. The world rankings on April 24 will determine the order of the pairs in a team for the men’s world team championships.
    There are four major tournaments to the deadline and the ranking order of the top two Malaysian pairs could change.
    The four tournaments lined up for the two pairs are the Thomas Cup qualifying tournament (Ho Chi Minh City, Feb 19-24); All-England (Birmingham, March 4-9); Swiss Open (Basel, March 11-16); and the Asian Championships (Johor Baru, April 15-20).
    Kien Keat said that it really did not matter whether they were the first or second ranked pair in the team.
    “We were ranked as the world number one at the start of the year but we have dropped to third spot. It will be great to be back at number one,” he said.
    “The two tournaments that will make a difference for us as far as the rankings are concerned are the All-England and Swiss Open. We are the defending champions and we will lose points if we do not go out there and retain the titles.
    “But having said that, Boon Heong and I would not mind being the second pair because there will be less pressure on us. After all, Tan Fook-Wan Wah have the experience of playing as the country’s top pair in the Thomas Cup Finals.”
    Based on experience and recent performances, Malaysian can certainly count on Tan Fook-Wan Wah to shoulder the responsibilities as the first pair in the team.
    They emerged as the top performers in the World Championships and China Open last year by reaching the semi-finals. They also did well to reach the quarter-finals of the Malaysian Open last month. But both players are carrying injuries, making them unpredictable.
    If Kien Keat-Boon Heong can play true to form and shrug off their poor start to the year, crashing out in the second round of the Malaysian Open, they will certainly be the better bet as the team’s top pair.
    Malaysia can name Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif, currently ranked 14th in the world, as their third pair. But for the last two Finals, Malaysia have named five doubles players instead of six.
    By having three pairs in the team, Malaysia may have a better strategy in their bid to regain the Cup they last won in 1992 in Kuala Lumpur.
    Malaysian fans will get a sneak preview on what to expect from the three pairs in the upcoming Asian Zone qualifiers.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/sto...631&sec=sports

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop the HH bashing!!! He may perform bad at individual events but I still have faith in his team performance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vching View Post
    stop the HH bashing!!! He may perform bad at individual events but I still have faith in his team performance!
    u have my support in this statement.

n in individual events,i believe we'll still have hafiz.somewhere in this recent dissapointing hafiz.he has a will to do more.i have faith on him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vching View Post
    But.....i still remember haw he performed in last TC ... QF..(i think)?.....it was bad..playing againts KJ....but LCW also performed poorly at time....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    But.....i still remember haw he performed in last TC ... QF..(i think)?.....it was bad..playing againts KJ....but LCW also performed poorly at time....
    It was Semi Finals against Denmark. MS lost all 3 singles. LCW vs PG, Hafiz vs KJ, KBH vs Joachim Peerson.
    Msia MD fought hard to gain 2 pts, this was the tourney that CCM got the red card in match against JE/ML.( He he thanks to BC vid sharing, I finally got to watch this match recently.)

This is only qualifiers, come May, many things can happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want monkey for 3rd singles please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its hard to even qualified into thomas cup if we dont have faith on our team.
    i mean all players.including the yoyo one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    It was Semi Finals against Denmark. MS lost all 3 singles. LCW vs PG, Hafiz vs KJ, KBH vs Joachim Peerson.
    Msia MD fought hard to gain 2 pts, this was the tourney that CCM got the red card in match against JE/ML.( He he thanks to BC vid sharing, I finally got to watch this match recently.)

This is only qualifiers, come May, many things can happen.
    but in qf,if we can still remember how hafiz made we proud of him again.
    he saves the last chance for malaysia to be in semis.thats the hafiz we are talking about in 2003.but as usual,he behaves as yoyo again in semis.

i hope this year,hafiz will realize how he can turn into that hafiz again n make it happen this year.in order to have that hafiz,i'll give him my support.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast