User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    that's not even a valid arguement..lol
    The deeper the angle the faster the shuttle will go,If you ask any pro player which position will be more faster of course they choose the half court birdie from the centre compare to the baseline,unless you didn't know much about badminton positioning,or which position is more comfort to smash,this is actually to general in badminton.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Temasek Green View Post
    The deeper the angle the faster the shuttle will go,If you ask any pro player which position will be more faster of course they choose the half court birdie from the centre compare to the baseline,unless you didn't know much about badminton positioning,or which position is more comfort to smash,this is actually to general in badminton.
    still doesn't mean anything regardless of angle..we are talking about FASTEST smash..not greatest angle..we are not in a physics class here..

as wilfredlgf says...Fu HaiFeng is still the fastest smasher in the world and it ends there until someone breaks his record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time i saw,BWF still record TH as the MS fastest smash holder,and FHF as the MD fastest smash holder..not others..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still doesn't mean anything regardless of angle..we are talking about FASTEST smash..not greatest angle..we are not in a physics class here..

as wilfredlgf says...Fu HaiFeng is still the fastest smasher in the world and it ends there until someone breaks his record
    True..but we can't really compare between MS n MD's smash record..since both of their game is completely different already.I often see 300+ km/h in MD matches..n u can name some of the players that has done 300+ before.Cai yun,Erikksen,Clark,Kido,etc....but never seen that kind of smash speed in MS.260-280kmh is the most often in MS...rarely see 300+,since the position to smash in MD is more vary than in MS.Since in MS,most of the smashes only happends at the backcourt..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Taufik is the fastest ,he fired 305 Km/hr from the baseline after pedal back from the centre of the court.

While Fu Hai Feng standing in the centre of the court for the half court birdie which is nearer to the net, of course the angle is deeper
    compared to the angle of the smash from the baseline.
    No doubt that when the angle is deeper, the faster the shuttle will go.

And Fu manage to gain only 2 more km/hr from the centre
    of the court where he no need to pedal back to the baseline.
    If Taufik at Fu position,I got no doubt that he can fire more faster than Fu Hai feng.
    WC 06 MD final, Fu hit a 308km/hr around the head smash... just an around the head smash is faster than 98% of all players' forehand smash. Plus Fu hit a 324km/hr smash in the same match from the back court while moving from one side to the other... The very 1st point in the 2nd game of MD final in WC 2006

The number speaks for itself, and there is no point in arguing facts with assumptions of this and that.
    Last edited by bananakid; 02-05-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    WC 06 MD final, Fu hit a 308km/hr around the head smash... just an around the head smash is faster than 98% of all players' forehand smash. Plus Fu hit a 324km/hr smash in the same match from the back court while moving from one side to the other... The very 1st point in the 2nd game of MD final in WC 2006

The number speaks for itself, and there is no point in arguing facts with assumptions of this and that.
    Anyway my post was meant for those who knows about badminton game and fact to analyze, not for those who came out with topsy turvy stuff just from the influences of sentiments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway my post was meant for those who knows about badminton game and fact to analyze, not for those who came out with topsy turvy stuff just from the influences of sentiments.
    More less that your post was meant for those who prefer to see and believe in what they "like" to believe in.

There isn't a smashing contest in badminton, so if one player can't prove it in actual game play then he/she is NOT the one to be recognized as the strongest smasher in the world. Nobody's assumption (including yours) will be taken into account in the record book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i'm keen to find out is, what's the fastest recorded backhand smash?
    and who performed it?

taufik, taufik ....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I'm not mistaken, what's recorded is the speed at which the shuttle leaves the racquet face... and not its mid-flight or interim velocity.

So, where the smasher was matters little in this debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, what's recorded is the speed at which the shuttle leaves the racquet face... and not its mid-flight or interim velocity.

So, where the smasher was matters little in this debate
    Common oldhand, if u smash up to the air and u smash down to the ground which one is faster and which one need more effort,it all about angle and velocity,gravity & position as well. And the position that determine how acute is the angle of the smash need to be apply.

You cannot apply the same angle of the half court smash just like a baseline smash.I believe from your experiences, you wont apply the same angle from differences position to ensure the birdie didn't stuck at the net and land to the right destination.So you mention, where the smasher was matters little in this debate ???

In my entire life of playing badminton,I don't have a smash from baseline which is faster than my half court smash.Why ??? everybody knows the answer.So the position do matter alot.

Is your baseline smash is faster than your half court smash oldhand ???
    Last edited by Temasek Green; 02-05-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    what i'm keen to find out is, what's the fastest recorded backhand smash?
    and who performed it?

taufik, taufik ....
    Of course the backhand smash speed belongs to Taufik... simply because they never ever recorded anyone else's backhand smash(not that many players have done it in game play).

Chen Hong used to have a very powerful and accurate backhand smash as well, just never ever been measured for its speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my entire life of playing badminton,I don't have a smash from baseline which is faster than my half court smash.Why ??? everybody knows the answer.So the position do matter alot.
    You are exactly right in that position does matter... but like I mentioned before, since there isn't a smashing contest in badminton; what if everyone claims to have a more powerful smash than everybody else if they are given the best position for the smash? Then we will never be able to come to a conclusion.

Eg. If you say Taufik can hit a 305km/hr from the baseline while moving back means he can smash harder than Fu whom did a 324km/hr while moving left and right??? How are we going to prove that?

Lin Dan can also claim that he's got the hardest smash consider he also did a 300km/hr around the head smash in his WC 06 final against Bao... He can also say something like "just let me stand still and smash, I bet I can hit harder than you..."

Bottom line is unless you can prove it, it is not true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the point. I believe FHF in training should be able to beat his own record.

And anyway those "records" are just for adding some flavor to the sport, so that ppl have more stuff to talk about. They really don't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jgao_net View Post
    i heard that one too, however from my understanding, the dane didnt do it in a game where fhf did.
    Last edited by ye333; 02-05-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LD and FHF share the property that they can deliver "near-top speed smashes" even when they are moved around and not in good position. It's not the "top speed" of their smashes that makes them lethal.

Also LCW seldom do a full power smash in a game, he usually adds a lot of slicing.

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    You are exactly right in that position does matter... but like I mentioned before, since there isn't a smashing contest in badminton; what if everyone claims to have a more powerful smash than everybody else if they are given the best position for the smash? Then we will never be able to come to a conclusion.

Eg. If you say Taufik can hit a 305km/hr from the baseline while moving back means he can smash harder than Fu whom did a 324km/hr while moving left and right??? How are we going to prove that?

Lin Dan can also claim that he's got the hardest smash consider he also did a 300km/hr around the head smash in his WC 06 final against Bao... He can also say something like "just let me stand still and smash, I bet I can hit harder than you..."

Bottom line is unless you can prove it, it is not true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay cause we're talking about speed, angle means nothing. If we're talkign about how fast your smash will hit the floor, then angle counts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does everyone have so much hate on China?..just cuz other countries can't beat the speed they whine and cry about it

FHF is the RECORD HOLDER..im sorry if that dissapoints ppl..but from a China fan..o0o0o0o yeaaa babi~...I even have the yonex shirt which recognizes FHF's WORLD RECORD smash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does everyone have so much hate on China?..just cuz other countries can't beat the speed they whine and cry about it

FHF is the RECORD HOLDER..im sorry if that dissapoints ppl..but from a China fan..o0o0o0o yeaaa babi~...I even have the yonex shirt which recognizes FHF's WORLD RECORD smash
    You're sounding a little bit arrogant there
    Anyway, the obvious reason for China's success is its population and also their dedication towards serving/representing the country.
    Lol, one day, yes, one day, FHF's record will be broken. Maybe by FHF again

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast