User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some prediction after Malaysia SS

What do you think who will be the champ in 2008 Olympic after you watch the Malaysia SS? Pls share.

WS: The danish girl had a great SS, she is the only one who can seriously threat the chinese squad. Some may argue WMZ has the chance too, but she is lack of the killing weapon like Tine: powerful and deep smash.
    If Tine impove a bit on her consistency, the only Chinese can stop her would be XXF, cauz she has longer arms/legs for better defense, and she clears more acuate and close to the baseline, whcih is the key to give herself a bit more time and space for Tine's killer smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tine and WMC had different strengths. Tine has excellent attacking play. WMC on the other hand has excellent defense and stamina. However, both have an injury weakness. If they can improve on the consistency, both stand a chance for a medal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, eriko is gonna be another non-china's players to look out for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maria Kristin!!! Nah just kidding never mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jap players like eriko and kaori have always been a threat but lately they have not been playing as well as last time.......jap players seem to play well for a while and thn play really bad later....like sato shoji....i remember in 2005 he was kicking ass....quarter finals of WC and almost beat LD...he was fast...and i mean real fast...now....he's gone downhill...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite agree with zqloy, the tactical difference between Tine and Wong Mew Choo is very different. Just because she presumably lacks a killing weapon does not make her inferior tactically.

Among non-CHN challengers, we have two different groups, attacking minded players led by Tine, Zhou Mi, Wang Chen, Yippie, Yao Jie etc. I am very impressed with Tine's attacking prowess, even from baseline, her smashes were sometimes too powerful for Zhu Lin and Lu Lan to block.

The second group is more rally and defence type players, Wong Mew Choo, Pi Hongyan, Xu Huaiwen, Hirose, Maria Kristin belong to this group. Some of them, Hirose and Pi especially, do have certain offensive weapons as well.

In any case, I expect both groups (those who qualify, that is) to be able to provide credible challenge to the Olympics WS crown. In the first 3 Olympics, Gold was won by extremely fit rally type players (Susi Susanti, Bang Soo Hyun and Gong Zhichao). Zhang Ning remains the only attack minded player to have ever won the WS crown.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was extremely worried when TR sprained/rolled her ankle. didnt want lu lan to win. but yes, she does stand a chance for a medal. probably not gold though because there is still XXF and ZN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After winning MO, no one should doubts Tine's ability to challenge for OG GOLD. However, I beg to differ coz the game will be played at CHEENA and LYB's would have his army surrounding the arena

So, I dont think Tine will in the podium for the GOLD/Silver, but Bronze

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jimbo, did you forget that XXF wasn't there? and that ZN had a shock defeat? nevertheless, i agree TR is a good player. just absolutely loved her comeback in the second set.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My preditcions... China still extremely reliant on Lin Dan to win in Mens Singles, everyone else in the Chinese team can be good on their day or even awesome other days they are just plain mediocre especially Bao Chunlai and Chen Jin. Chen Yu has serious fitness problems. Chen Hong just seems a non threat nowdays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    After winning MO, no one should doubts Tine's ability to challenge for OG GOLD. However, I beg to differ coz the game will be played at CHEENA and LYB's would have his army surrounding the arena

So, I dont think Tine will in the podium for the GOLD/Silver, but Bronze
    Not impossible though, esp the players like Tine and WMC will hv zero pressure playing in Beijing. Unlike the chinese whom will be shouldering huge pressure in home ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    Not impossible though, esp the players like Tine and WMC will hv zero pressure playing in Beijing. Unlike the chinese whom will be shouldering huge pressure in home ground.
    It's funny that humans are forgetful Did we forget CO 07 (LCW vs BCL) and other matches that were heavily criticized by unbiased calls? It'd be big mistake to believe that LYB would allow anyone cracking his GREAT WALL. So, not a chance, i would say... yet, I hope to see miracles happen

Msia Boleh...!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prediction : Setiawan will reach Tony G / Chandra / Sigit legendary status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    It's funny that humans are forgetful Did we forget CO 07 (LCW vs BCL) and other matches that were heavily criticized by unbiased calls? It'd be big mistake to believe that LYB would allow anyone cracking his GREAT WALL. So, not a chance, i would say... yet, I hope to see miracles happen

Msia Boleh...!!!!
    Dont think the umpire and linejudges will be their own ppl, this is no normal open tournament. If that really happens, the chinese should prepare to be shamed for their lives...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zqloy View Post
    Dont think the umpire and linejudges will be their own ppl, this is no normal open tournament. If that really happens, the chinese should prepare to be shamed for their lives...
    If you believe you do it for the country then it only brings pride, not shame! We are looking at different angles hence have different opinion. The only way is to utilize the technologies to eliminate this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it'd bring china shame if other countries complain. it's the olympics and all eyes would be on how well and how fair they will be as competing hosts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xie Xing Fang is still the answer to China squad, unless she slip at toilet again during Olympic.
    And mentally XXF is feared by both Tine and WMC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast