Victor Super Nano Pro 6 vs. Artery Tec Ti 98

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ashkenazi, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ashkenazi

ashkenazi Regular Member

Hi all,

I'm looking to either get a Victor Super Nano Pro 6 or the Victor Artery Tec Ti 98. They're roughly around the same price ($100CAD) Does ANYONE have experience with these 2 racquets? It's so hard to find info on a Victor racquet that's not a Nano Pro 5 or a Power Wave.

I'm a male doubles player with about 4 years experience. I play every week at my university's recreational club. I'm looking to get a stronger smash and backhand because I've pretty much got defence (fast reflexes), drives, and drops down. I don't want to get too heavy of a racquet though.

This is all I got from the website:
    http://www.victorracquets.com/racquets.html#supernano

SNP6 is stiff and Artery Tec Ti 98 is medium. Everything else is the same. I prefer the stiff probably, but the ATT98 has all these extra technologies and is more expensive. Does anyone know if they actually make a difference? Durability doesn't matter to me.

Also... anyone have any other suggestions for around $100-150 CAD.. from Yonex or Victor? The only other thing I've seen is the Cab 30 MS, which I'm iffy about since it's oval.. and about $30 more expensive.

2. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    Artery Tec is a good racket. i own a ATT99, which is stiff. packs enough power on shots, and the 3U version feels light. if the price are the same for 98 and 99, then i would recommend the 99.

3. ashkenazi

ashkenazi Regular Member

I can't find anywhere with the Artery Tec Ti 99 that ships to Canada. I'm thinking I should just spend a little more money to get the Carbonex 30 ms because it's safer since I live nowhere near any place that lets you demo racquets.

4. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    Victor rackets

Why don't you try courtsidesports.com? They're out of Victoria, BC; and they sell both rackets you were originally looking for. I think they're both just under $100 + shipping. If you're in the Victoria, BC area the store is worth going to. They don't let you demo rackets, however (already asked!). I bought my Victor Power waves 11 there and got great service. Personally I didn't like the racket b/c it was a bit heavy and cumbersome while swinging it (already sold it). I did like the Arterytec 16 though, although it was still a bit heavy! (I play best at around 84-88 gm with strings, and that racket was about 94 gm). Anyways, good luck with the search!

5. ashkenazi

ashkenazi Regular Member

Yup, that's exactly the place I was looking to buy it from. But yeah, not being able to demo made me reluctant to get the Victors since pretty much everyone in my club has a Yonex.

6. therock

therock Regular Member

I'm using ti98 as a backup. Very powerful racket indeed. Super nano has a smaller daimeter in its shaft compared to the artery tec ti series which is supposed to be better. Both are very good, just pair it with good set of string. For me, ti98 is great for doubles.

7. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Att 99

Hi guys,
    I too have an Victor ATT 99 and Cab 30ms. I found ATT 99 is very stiff and really pack a punch when u play aggressively with it. Cab 30ms is so so.:p ATT 99 is worth buying if u are an offensive player.;)
    Lee:D

8. ashkenazi

ashkenazi Regular Member

Noooo! I already bought cab 30 ms. Oh well, I hope it actually turns out to be an upgrade from my old racquet because I'm not going to be buying a new one for a looong time. My next one will probably be a Victor if they're still alive :D

9. jeffproX

jeffproX Regular Member

Technical Support
    currently im eyeing for the Artery Tec and might buy this week.

btw, what string do you use to pair with this racket?

thanks!

#9 jeffproX, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  10. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

yonex bg80 would make it a deadly weapon...especially at the back of the court...

11. jeffproX

jeffproX Regular Member

Technical Support
    28lbs? or just 25?

Thank you!

12. xu6696818

xu6696818 New Member

TO : ashkenazi
    of course,Victor will alive for forever。Welcome to china .

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    A few posts have been deleted.
    This forum doesn't welcome non-English posts unless suitably translated :)