How does one decide that a new racket would benifit them?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by peterford, Jan 20, 2008.

1. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    Hi there this is my first post. I have only been playing for a couple of years, with the same racket (has been restrung once with bg 65ti 23lb) This is a karakal aero speed 760 that is arround £35 so quite cheap ish . I am hoping to play at university level soon. Esentially i am wondering at what point would upgrading to a better, possibly stiffer racket be an advantage to my game? And how do i know when or if i have reached this point? Thanks a lot for any comments.

2. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student
    Let me first tell you that a new racket isn't the best way to improve your play. The most important is to train good. then you have your string,followed by good shoes(for me SHB100LTD's) and then you got racket... So there are many things more important then a racket, so don't focus on that too much.

But if you wanne have a new one, you need to feel it yourself when you need a new/good one. Myself I think that you should check if you hit the flour/other rackets offten. When you don't clash anymore, you could buy a new one, but if you do still clash with your racket, it won't be smart to buy one jet because it will break very fast.

Cryptail

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Agree with cryptail here.If ur racket is still in a good shape,i think u need less to think about changing a new racket now.U need a good pair of shoes more.Don't really have to buy high-end yonex shoes,since maybe u don't really need one now.Just buy any badminton shoes that u find comfy.Focus on training ur skills first,then after a while..u'll be more understand what type of player u r.That way,finding what kind of racket that really suits u will be easier.In the mean time,just use ur current racket,since that might be the one that suits u.I mean,u have played with that thing for 3 years already.U must have already felt comfy with it.By the time u gained more power,u can try to increase ur string tension bit by bit.