User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default anyone going to see korean open 2008?

    I dunno if I'm posting in the right category... anyway, any forumers who's going to watch the games? i'll be coming from taiwan to visit some of my korean friends.. fortunately, i will be in seoul during kr open. however, i can't seem to find the address of jan choong gym? i hope i can find someone to go watch the games since my friends don't have interest in badminton. i'm also interested to play some badminton in korea... i hope i could meet some new friends when i go there!

    adrei

  2. #2
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,574
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Korea Open SS 2008: Any news from Day 1 - Jan 22nd - Qualifying Rounds ?

    Quote Originally Posted by adrei View Post

    I dunno if I'm posting in the right category... anyway, any forumers who's going to watch the games? i'll be coming from taiwan to visit some of my korean friends.. fortunately, i will be in seoul during kr open. however, i can't seem to find the address of jan choong gym? i hope i can find someone to go watch the games since my friends don't have interest in badminton. i'm also interested to play some badminton in korea... i hope i could meet some new friends when i go there!

    adrei

    .
    Hi adrei,

    Hope that you will enjoy watching the Korea Open SS 2008.

    Our members@Badminton Central would love to know of any interesting news over there, if you could tell us from there.

    I have created a thread for 'Day 1 - Jan 22nd - Qualifying Rounds', located at:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=51622

    and we hope to get from you some interesting news and photos.

    Cheers... chris@ccc

    .

  3. #3
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Here's the info of Janchoong gym..

    Quote Originally Posted by adrei View Post
    I dunno if I'm posting in the right category... anyway, any forumers who's going to watch the games? i'll be coming from taiwan to visit some of my korean friends.. fortunately, i will be in seoul during kr open. however, i can't seem to find the address of jan choong gym? i hope i can find someone to go watch the games since my friends don't have interest in badminton. i'm also interested to play some badminton in korea... i hope i could meet some new friends when i go there!

    adrei
    ..2. Tournament Venue : Jangchoong Gymnasium
    Address : 200-102, Jangchung-dong 2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea (100-392)
    TEL) +82 2 2236 4197
    FAX) +82 2 2234 0637

    http://www.koreaopen.or.kr/info/default_2008.asp

    Good luck and hope you'll find a couple people who can go with you! There is another BC member, event, who resides in Korea/Seoul. You might want to give him a PM...And like chris@ccc wrote, if you do go, hope to see & read your first-hand pics, reviews, comments....the whole sha-bang!!
    Btw, welcome to BCBF, adrei! I assume you just joined BC??
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-21-2008 at 03:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    Our members@Badminton Central would love to know of any interesting news over there, if you could tell us from there.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    Good luck and hope you'll find a couple people who can go with you! There is another BC member, event, who resides in Korea/Seoul. You might want to give him a PM...And like chris@ccc wrote, if you do go, hope to see & read your first-hand pics, reviews, comments....the whole sha-bang!!
    Btw, welcome to BCBF, adrei! I assume you just joined BC??
    adrei, I can see you got yourself more than you bargained for

    But please try what chrises asked, and be our eyes and ears. Hope you have fun in KO 08 or even organize a mini BC gathering there with some pictures of our Korean friends

  5. #5
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,574
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation adrei has been a member@BC for over 3 years now !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

    Btw, welcome to BCBF, adrei! I assume you just joined BC??

    .
    Hahaha ctjcad... adrei has been a member@BC for over 3 years now.
    .

  6. #6
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default That's correct..

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    Hahaha ctjcad... adrei has been a member@BC for over 3 years now.
    .
    ..Yes, i must've overlooked that>thanks for rectifying that, chris@ccc!!..sorry, adrei!!..

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,394
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..2. Tournament Venue : Jangchoong Gymnasium
    Address : 200-102, Jangchung-dong 2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea (100-392)
    TEL) +82 2 2236 4197
    FAX) +82 2 2234 0637

    http://www.koreaopen.or.kr/info/default_2008.asp
    Unfortunately, for directions & ticketing information, one needs to use the Korean version of the site, where there is information even in English.

    Jangchoong Stadium is just outside Exit #5 at Dongguk University Station on Line #3. Admission is free on Tuesday and Wednesday for early round action. Thursday and Friday it's 5000won admission and on the weekend it's 10,000won. You can buy online for 1000/2000won less, if you speak Korean. Apparently the organizers didn't expect any non-Koreans to attend as anything but players. Way to prove them wrong, Adrei!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just looked up 10,000 Korean won ticket would cost a little over $100 (946/1). Since adrei has Korean friends, it could be cheaper.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,394
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    Just looked up 10,000 Korean won ticket would cost a little over $100 (946/1). Since adrei has Korean friends, it could be cheaper.
    Better try that math again. You're off by an order of magnitude.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Better try that math again. You're off by an order of magnitude.
    Sorry my bad, it's $10.57. Couldn't believe it's so cheap. Last time someone posted a web link for OG 08, tickets cost about $80-500 depending on date and section.

    chris@ccc or anyone can tell how much did MO 08 tickets cost?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey hey.. wow cool... there's a lot of replies!!!! thanks a lot for the info. anyway, yeah i've been a member of the forum for 3 yrs now but just an "onlooker". thanks for the welcome though... i didn't know that badmincentral could be this active. My korean friends are like.. "no one plays badminton in korea".- I told them they just don't know people who play.. actually there's a lot. and I hope i could play with them when I get there... Ok, will post the pics once i get back to taiwan... however, I might not be able to see all the games coz i dont have a lot of time i only have 6 days to travel Seoul... but will try to see get a lot of pics.. i promise.. thanks again!!!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrei View Post
    hey hey.. wow cool... there's a lot of replies!!!! thanks a lot for the info. anyway, yeah i've been a member of the forum for 3 yrs now but just an "onlooker". thanks for the welcome though... i didn't know that badmincentral could be this active. My korean friends are like.. "no one plays badminton in korea".- I told them they just don't know people who play.. actually there's a lot. and I hope i could play with them when I get there... Ok, will post the pics once i get back to taiwan... however, I might not be able to see all the games coz i dont have a lot of time i only have 6 days to travel Seoul... but will try to see get a lot of pics.. i promise.. thanks again!!!
    Good for you. At least you have Korean friends, they can help you with the ticket buying.

  13. #13
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default You're lucky..

    Quote Originally Posted by adrei View Post
    Ok, will post the pics once i get back to taiwan... however, I might not be able to see all the games coz i dont have a lot of time i only have 6 days to travel Seoul... but will try to see get a lot of pics.. i promise.. thanks again!!!
    ..adrei, 6 days of travel in Seoul is awesome; I'm sure quite a few of us would love to trade places with you!! Let alone if you can go and watch the Korea Open!!
    Anyway, we'll be waiting for your pics and stories from the KO open, anxiously!! Have fun in Korea & watching the Korea Open, my friend!!

Similar Threads

  1. Tv Live Broadcast Korean Open 2008
    By Temasek Green in forum Korea Open 2008
    Replies: 62
    : 05-04-2008, 07:14 AM
  2. Korean Open 2008 - Day 5 - Jan 26 - Semifinals
    By vching in forum Korea Open 2008
    Replies: 426
    : 01-26-2008, 09:05 PM
  3. Korean Open 2008 : DAY 4 : Jan 25 : (Quarterfinals)
    By vching in forum Korea Open 2008
    Replies: 903
    : 01-26-2008, 01:51 AM
  4. Korean Open 2008 withdrawals
    By huangkwokhau in forum Korea Open 2008
    Replies: 45
    : 01-24-2008, 03:23 AM
  5. KKK/TBH will skip Korean Open 2008 ?
    By taufik-ist in forum Korea Open 2008
    Replies: 14
    : 01-14-2008, 03:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •