User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    this is my two cents :

i believe the players want to leave to better themselves.

and i could understand BAM's stand on losing out when these players move to a club.

.1) .... when you choose to be professionals and leave the government setup, it means you work on your own. dont expect the government to pay for you or give you rewards because you are playing for yourself since whatever winning is yours. you do well and win, you make money. you dont do well and lose, you dont make money. so hafiz, if you want financial stability, you have to win. if you want rewards or bonus from BAM, you have to go under their rules. simple as that. dont go asking for help or rewards or bonus after you have decided to go play for a club. the club should support you.

2) ..... dont be bogged down by petty issues. lets look to the future and see if this could indeed be good in the long run.
    1) I suppose you're refering to Hafiz's issue on that. Ever notice no KLRC player complained ? If info in the press are correct, KLRC's salary is much higher than NSC (since NSC sets the salary structure including BAM players- they announced the amount before). I wouldnt go into that, since it's not abt these 4 players

2) From media reports, the impression is : NSC, Sports Ministry are the ones who are angry, pressuring BAM. BAM try to be middle man. They are the ones causing trouble for the players who want to leave (i.e. being petty).
    The example quoted is Roslin had pay RM60K as transfer fees when he left BAM to go to Nusa Mahsuri.

Fans, I think support them starting somewhere else. Win-win for the players, the team (the juniors can move up), the govern lose out.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-22-2008 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, any club should be able to give their players a good contract. support them fully. in hafiz's case it should be nusa mahsuri's responsibility to make sure he has no financial worries. the government bodies already supported his early development.

the transfer fee, i think, they are thinking international clubs, you are buying my players, you pay. i guess thinking about it, it is reasonable. every club pays for their player. big clubs buy junior players all the time and they pay to the junior club that develope the junior player. so, logical i guess.

i really dont mind them going to a club. maybe they will do better there. there is a lot of competition in BAM. BAM should let them go. just ask for the transfer fee (reasonable amount and not something that will make it hard for them), if BAM feels strongly about it, but just let them go. why tie them down? if we are going to do like the professional outfit in the europe and america then lets do it properly. and this goes for both the club and the government body. you want a player, you pay for them and then you have to support them. simple as that i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but the whole thing about this matter is about how BAM is not ready to let their players go.just in a blink of an eye.we are not ready.

we spent a lot of money to produced these players.n we are just about to get the revenue.they cant walk away.at least for now.its olympic year.
    what happen inside BAM.let it stay inside BAM now.we'll do something after olympic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should sign proper contracts with their players. Both should be accountable to each other.

Right now its 'I can drop u anytime with BAM style'. So the players follow suit and 'I can quite this anytime' attitude.

Tit for tat sounds fair enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    They should sign proper contracts with their players. Both should be accountable to each other.

Right now its 'I can drop u anytime with BAM style'. So the players follow suit and 'I can quite this anytime' attitude.

i quoted this from pemuda.
    u not performed,i'll show u the door.

thats what BAM do.a right thing to do.they have a right.for the sake of our badminton.

the players should be patriotic.should understand the reasons.but to walk away when malaysians need them,such an inappropriate thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post

That does make sense. But so far not many has been dropped. BAM only say but no actions to be taken to drop any players. Only players resign.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    i quoted this from pemuda.
    u not performed,i'll show u the door.

thats what BAM do.a right thing to do.they have a right.for the sake of our badminton.

the players should be patriotic.should understand the reasons.but to walk away when malaysians need them,such an inappropriate thing to do.
    Little sis, they are not going overseas, they are still in Msia, still play for Msia, still patriotic.

They are 4th & 5th pair, there are another 4 pairs, plus 3 junior more from back-up squad. They are not going for Thomas Cup, OG. Their participation in SS limited.
    The squad dont really need them, just Sports Minister & NSC angry cos one after another leaving (1st was WD to KLRC, then CCM, now 4 at the same time), govern lose out on all that they invest.

Correct - no perform, 'show you the door'. So before BAM "show them the door", they go off 1st. Gan/Lin are in danger of being dropped from the team after OG 2008. MS K. Yogendran has already been dropped.

Bf boss kick them out, they resign 1st, save the boss the trouble. Now boss pulak angry- NSC that is , BAM try to be middle man. I think what Jugman meant is when they not perform, kena scolding. They feel bad with non performance, want to leave, boss dont allow. By right boss should be happy.

CMM is older, 27+, so can give reason, old already. The WD player had back injury, she's only 21. Among the 4, only Ong had shoulder injury bf, so become like big issue to govern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The players do not seem to have kinda proper 'playing contracts' do they?

Then perhaps normal job market rules should apply. Players can't leave BAM immediately. Just give 1 month notice is enough already

ROFL

BAM needs to be firmer in their stand. If they say they are gonna review and resize, then do so in a clear manner. Don't threaten to kick players out but when the time comes... postpone the decision to another date.

Nothing gets done, people lives & livelihood are played around with... and then u get too much intake from new players but u don't release the old players during the review deadline. The place can get pretty crowded won't benefit the players.

What u end up with is half-half prepared players sent for tournaments.

Maybe now with all this talk about 'transfer fees' then BAM might never want to release any player so that they can collect $$$ from transfer fees of each release. Walao!
    Last edited by jug8man; 01-22-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one has the answer to my questions?

1. anyone knows roughly how much time is needed to find a sponsor? they can only play when they found their sponsor right?

2. how does the system work? like, what will the sponsor want in return?

i really wanna see the 4 of them in singapore open man. esp woon fui-teik chai. LOL.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For contract system, these players may only be on a yearly contract that is renewed. Therefore, when the time for renewal has come up, they have every right to choose 'not' to renew.

If they try to leave midcontract without notice, they may have to forgo 1 or 2 month's pay.
    If they give adequate notice, should not need to pay anything.

Talk of transfer fees is ridiculous if player's are at end of contract. Why?

1) Sure BAM paid for all their training...that was the contract! It's something BAM had to do. Was it mentioned the players have to pay back for the training?
    2) BAM is not a club holding registrations. It's a national association.

Totally agree with jug8man. BAM need to move on with their policies. Times are changing and they will have to make the contracts more professional with less ambiguous areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Little sis, they are not going overseas, they are still in Msia, still play for Msia, still patriotic.

They are 4th & 5th pair, there are another 4 pairs, plus 3 junior more from back-up squad. They are not going for Thomas Cup, OG. Their participation in SS limited.
    The squad dont really need them, just Sports Minister & NSC angry cos one after another leaving (1st was WD to KLRC, then CCM, now 4 at the same time), govern lose out on all that they invest.

Correct - no perform, 'show you the door'. So before BAM "show them the door", they go off 1st. Gan/Lin are in danger of being dropped from the team after OG 2008. MS K. Yogendran has already been dropped.

Bf boss kick them out, they resign 1st, save the boss the trouble. Now boss pulak angry- NSC that is , BAM try to be middle man. I think what Jugman meant is when they not perform, kena scolding. They feel bad with non performance, want to leave, boss dont allow. By right boss should be happy.

CMM is older, 27+, so can give reason, old already. The WD player had back injury, she's only 21. Among the 4, only Ong had shoulder injury bf, so become like big issue to govern.
    creating problems in this critical moment.countdown to olympic.thats not patriotic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creating problems in this critical moment.countdown to olympic.thats not patriotic
    CCM left end of last year cos his contract ended. Maybe it's contract renewal time, they must make decision now to renew or not renew. If they sign, it's either for 1 or 2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shifting to another club in MAS shouldnt be considered as not being patriotic. Just look at CH after leaving CHN team, he still bears the flag of CHN, no?

And in the end, we are talking about the players' livelihoods here, they gotta make something out of the years left in their professional badminton career since being in BAM hasnt brought them anywhere lately.

Wish them all the best and bring glory to MAS in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

totally agree with alfa-2.

And look at the quote in front...
    "Honestly, we have been offered to play overseas but we rejected those offers because we love Msia."

AND!

not only did gan teik chai put any blame on BAM, he even thanked them for bringing them thus far. i think that such an absolutely great attitude.

so i really feel for them when they are being viewed negatively and attacked by the authorities. darn those ppl! lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries now as four of them will be goin back to BAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why ants? did they negotiated a new deal? what happened? i hope they will be given more chances if they go back to BAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From The Star Online..

Badminton quartet now decide to stay with national team
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's four top men doubles shuttlers - Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock and Gan Teik Chai-Lin Woon Fui - will not leave the national team after all.
    They have been assured yesterday of a better future under the umbrella of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM).
    Yesterday, upon their requests, the four players met the National Sports Council (NSC)'s director general Datuk Zolkples Embong at his office in Bukit Jalil over their predicament of a bleak future with the national body.
    A week ago, the four had tendered their resignation letters to the BAM, citing that they lacked opportunities to compete in international tournaments.
    But yesterday, all four agreed to return to the fold to help the Olympic-bound shuttlers gear up for the Games in Beijing in August.
    In fact, they would resume training at the Gymnasium Two in Bukit Jalil today.
    Zolkples said that he would speak to the BAM to allow the four players to participate in more Open tournaments.
    He would also discuss with the BAM to allow these players to tie up with outside sponsors.
    “They understand that this is the Olympic year and the focus is on the Olympic-bound players. And I told them that they could still play a role as sparring partners. It will be beneficial for both sides. On top of that, they get to train under one of the best coaches in the world (Rexy Mainaky),” said Zolkples.
    “Then, the BAM can have fresh talks regarding their future after the Beijing Games.
    “I have assured them that I will look into their grouses. Their main concern is not having opportunities to compete in international tournaments. They are also hoping for the BAM to relax the ruling on players having private sponsors. Currently, this is not practised in the BAM.
    “I spoke to Ganga Rao (BAM secretary) just now and all these will not be an issue anymore. I have told the boys to forget the past and start afresh,” he added.
    A relieved Teik Chai was happy with the outcome of the meeting. And he immediately quashed the rumours that they were contemplating joining a professional club.
    “We gave our resignation letters because we felt that we had no future with the BAM at that time. There is no malicious reason behind it. Many have read our moves wrongly,” said Teik Chai.
    “But we are very happy today that Datuk Zolkples was willing to help and solve our problem,” he said.
    After the one-week of uncertainty, Soon Hock said that they would be more than fired up when they get back into training.
    “It was not an easy decision that we made last week. We did not have the heart to leave our team-mates. And Rexy, Pang (Cheh Chang) and (Chang) Kim Wai are very dedicated coaches,” said Soon Hock.
    “But now that the assurances have been given, we will give full commitment in training – even better than the past,” he added.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast