0 Thread(s)

i guess your only choice is rotations =D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddex View Post
    Mix doubles with a girl is a headache - they always hit/lob the shuttle really high and allows the other party to smash it back. Period.
    Well you sure can't play mixed doubles with a guy if you are one . jkjk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your mix partner isn't good...you'll have to work 2x harder to cover the court...if he/she throws away some pts...you'll have to get more back... that's all there is in my head when i play mix doubles
    Do not doubt your partner during a match...don't get frustrated easily...they are all counter productive...communicate with each other, i guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mix doubles with a girl is a headache - they always hit/lob the shuttle really high and allows the other party to smash it back. Period.
    Normal club level, might be the case, as brutal strength will guide your way to victory. Any higher level, you will see the technique and experience will greatly narrow the gap between the natural built difference btw guys and girls.

Btw, try to play a game against Gao Ling or so, and she will let you will have to lob, and who will smash down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuan84 View Post
    if your mix partner isn't good...you'll have to work 2x harder to cover the court...if he/she throws away some pts...you'll have to get more back... that's all there is in my head when i play mix doubles
    Well, isn't that's also true for regular level doubles?

Before we all complain about our partners (be it guys or girls), let's think what about if ourselves are the weakest link in the pair? Everyone wants to get a stronger partner, but think why the stronger partner want us as a partner, if they also think the "work harder, headache, etc" issues at the beginning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox View Post

3. the female doesn't always have to stay in the front so be flexible
    ** agree on weaker female always have to stay in front as long as the male can cover the back..but what if the female cannot play net ..
    There's no rule says the lady must stay in the front. Double is a team work, and whatever combination works for the team, and make both partners feel comfortable, is the way to go.

A few years ago, I used to have a mix partner who has a much more powerful smash than I do. On the other hand, I was the better play maker in the team. Therefore, we played the reverse mix when it's necessary, and both feel comfortable about their roles. Yes, once a while our formation did draw some laughs, even from the opponents. However, when I setup some easy smashes for my partner, and she can really smash it down, then, there's no more smile on my opponent's faces for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    A few years ago, I used to have a mix partner who has a much more powerful smash than I do. On the other hand, I was the better play maker in the team. Therefore, we played the reverse mix when it's necessary, and both feel comfortable about their roles. Yes, once a while our formation did draw some laughs, even from the opponents. However, when I setup some easy smashes for my partner, and she can really smash it down, then, there's no more smile on my opponent's faces for sure.
    ..wow, i bet your opponents must've thought after looking at your female partner blasting from the back and getting smashed at : "Are we playing Men's Doubles or Mixed Doubles?"..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy really had a bad day.

The only problem that i got from playing mixed singles is that the girl can't really attack.Besides that,i think it's all cool.I think what matters is how good is ur partner play as the female partner.If she couldn't attack,but she could create a chance,or counterattack..that's good.But if she couldn't attack,yet she creates more chances for the opponents to kill us,that's annoying.

One more thing,if she can't do offense,make sure she got herself a good defensive player.Mixed doubles r mainly about attacking the female.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..wow, i bet your opponents must've thought after looking at your female partner blasting from the back and getting smashed at : "Are we playing Men's Doubles or Mixed Doubles?"..
    Nah, they still think that's Mix. As my own smash is weaker than most of the ladies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Is she better than you?
    first of all, ask ur self the quesiton above, if the answer is no, then just simply switch partners go the easiest way would be to go singles, then u got nobody to blame but urself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your so much better than her just play sides and pick up the smashes she generates. She will become confident your covering and will slowly move forward and start smashing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, it doesn't really matter. Girls could be good at the back too And they are! :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3