User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 81

Thread: Julia Wong

  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    that is some mighty far out projection u got there, comparing JW to a just out of recovery WMC. You expect JW to do even better after recovering from her injury? Hmm, inform us BF'ers, which singles player that does better after his/her major injury? Lets highlight this fact, WMC had won a title in china soil. Even the mightly #1 LCW can't say that, plus the fact that in WS, it is way harder to take a title from the chinese than any other events. Am not against JW, i just like to bash some bad analysis, as u all come to know me
    Cool cooler, have some of your cooling ais. Julia now already so pitiful, want to say2 some more.
    For the underlined part, WMC also sustained knee injury in 2004/2005, could not compete for 8 months.And after that, as you know, her knees have been bothering her. It didnt deter her, as you've mentioned, WMC won CO 2007.

    Let's see what Julia can do 2- 3 years from now.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    try & put yourself in her picture then you'll feel the "pain ".......

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fans would be for sure hoping Julia will come back stronger. Good to remember that the one who will step up and prove it to be true is julia herself. Let's see what she can do. I heard that it was quite bad, so good luck julia. apart of being a badminton fan, i'm also a human that would be hoping she will go through this well.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it kinda remind me of the injury Beckham got just before World Cup 02..many think his dream to play in that edition is gone ...but he recover just in time & play quite well , he even scored against Argentina (revenge at last ) ...hope that Wong P X can take this as an example......

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Cool cooler, have some of your cooling ais. Julia now already so pitiful, want to say2 some more.
    For the underlined part, WMC also sustained knee injury in 2004/2005, could not compete for 8 months.And after that, as you know, her knees have been bothering her. It didnt deter her, as you've mentioned, WMC won CO 2007.

    Let's see what Julia can do 2- 3 years from now.
    I like that nic
    Realistically, all pro athletes have some form of injuries. The intense training itself is enough to cull off alot of potential star athletes. Some injuries are more career threatening than others, that's why i had used the word 'major' injury I did not know WMC had a knee injury in 04/05 but i'm sure it is less serious than the one in 2008. I just didn't see any evidence presented here that showed JW is better than WMC at their early careers and it is hot air to say JW after recovery will be even better than WMC .

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    I like that nic
    I did not know WMC had a knee injury in 04/05 but i'm sure it is less serious than the one in 2008. I just didn't see any evidence presented here that showed JW is better than WMC at their early careers and it is hot air to say JW after recovery will be even better than WMC .
    You should meet our Coolest then, Cooler & Coolest, if got Cool better .

    1) The 2004 one was serious as in WMC didnt play for at least 8 months, maybe benched the whole year. THe 2008 one is still ok, looks like reaccurring from the 2004. WMC didnt compete for around 3 months this year. In any case, Julia's injury is more serious than WMC's one.

    2) I didnt say Julia will be better than WMC after recovery,you interpret one.
    I said Let's see what Julia can do..... That's from knowing Julia also has fighting spirit, she wouldnt give up.
    If nothing else, Julia has WMC as example of coping with injured knees while holding the fort for Msia WS for so many years. In between WMC can win SS title some more, I think the 1st ever for Msia WS.

    I gave that as example of a female player(since some will say guys recovering from injury is different from gals), fellow Msian (since some will say Msian players mentally weak) and singles player (since the other Msian who undergone same type of knee surgery was MD - Uncle LWW) who rose & did well a couple of years later. And that hopefully Julia can recover & rise up too. Whether better results than WMC or not, it's not my main point.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 05-13-2009 at 09:57 PM.

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    NST


    Julia vows to bounce back


    2009/05/14
    JULIA Wong's aspirations of producing a good result in the World Championships in Hyderabad on Aug 10-16 will not materialise as the knee injury she suffered during the Sudirman Cup on Monday will put her out of action for at least six months. Julia suffered the injury while playing Yip Pui Yin in the tie against Hong Kong and will undergo major reconstruction surgery at Damansara Specialist Hospital today.

    Dr. Gan Eng Cheng, who will perform the surgery, said Julia has suffered anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and meniscus tears in her left knee and said recovery would take a minimum six months.



    "It will be major reconstruction surgery as the main two ligaments are torn. It is almost similar to what Tiger Woods went through but more serious as in Julia's case, the meniscus is torn as well."



    Sports Minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek paid a visit to offer words of encouragement to Julia yesterday.

    Also present were BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh, National Sports Institute (NSI) director general Datuk Dr Ramlan Abdul Aziz, several other BAM officials, her coach Tey Siu Bok, fellow players and parents Wong Teck Chin and Ang Bee Wah.

    Julia, although disappointed about missing the World Championships, has vowed to recover quickly and compete in the major event in Paris next year.

    "I have suffered injuries before but this is the worst. I am hoping to recover fast and see action in next year's World Championships," said Julia.


    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...ull_index_html

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post


    2) I didnt say Julia will be better than WMC after recovery,you interpret one.
    I said Let's see what Julia can do..... That's from knowing Julia also has fighting spirit, she wouldnt give up.
    If nothing else, Julia has WMC as example of coping with injured knees while holding the fort for Msia WS for so many years. In between WMC can win SS title some more, I think the 1st ever for Msia WS.
    i didn't say u said this or that, my comment was directed to pjswift.

  9. #60
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Each individual recovery rate is different. We cannot compare on the speed of recovery. Until now we dont know what is the extend of the Injury of Julia. But i'm sure its pretty serious. Only time will tell if Julia's mental strength will propel her to get back in shape after her surgery/therapy. 6-8 months down the road we will know the answer. But with all due respect we should support them and wish her all the best.

  10. #61
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Really bad news..

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    NST


    Julia vows to bounce back
    ...
    Dr. Gan Eng Cheng, who will perform the surgery, said Julia has suffered anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and meniscus tears in her left knee and said recovery would take a minimum six months.

    "It will be major reconstruction surgery as the main two ligaments are torn. It is almost similar to what Tiger Woods went through but more serious as in Julia's case, the meniscus is torn as well."
    ...
    ..it is indeed a severe one. She not only tore the ACL but also the MCL...wow, that's really too bad for her.

    I guess the only thing left for her to revive her career will be her determination and commitment to work really hard to beat all odds. Time is on her side and time will tell..

  11. #62
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,945
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    with this injury suffer, she will be out untill the end of the year

  12. #63
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,189
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    NST


    Julia vows to bounce back


    2009/05/14
    JULIA Wong's aspirations of producing a good result in the World Championships in Hyderabad on Aug 10-16 will not materialise as the knee injury she suffered during the Sudirman Cup on Monday will put her out of action for at least six months. Julia suffered the injury while playing Yip Pui Yin in the tie against Hong Kong and will undergo major reconstruction surgery at Damansara Specialist Hospital today.

    Dr. Gan Eng Cheng, who will perform the surgery, said Julia has suffered anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and meniscus tears in her left knee and said recovery would take a minimum six months.



    "It will be major reconstruction surgery as the main two ligaments are torn. It is almost similar to what Tiger Woods went through but more serious as in Julia's case, the meniscus is torn as well."



    Sports Minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek paid a visit to offer words of encouragement to Julia yesterday.

    Also present were BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh, National Sports Institute (NSI) director general Datuk Dr Ramlan Abdul Aziz, several other BAM officials, her coach Tey Siu Bok, fellow players and parents Wong Teck Chin and Ang Bee Wah.

    Julia, although disappointed about missing the World Championships, has vowed to recover quickly and compete in the major event in Paris next year.

    "I have suffered injuries before but this is the worst. I am hoping to recover fast and see action in next year's World Championships," said Julia.


    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...ull_index_html
    The only action she is gong to see in the WC is from the stands.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    The only action she is gong to see in the WC is from the stands.
    Ouch, cheung. You break julia's heart. ~

    "I am hoping to recover fast" - Now, let's focus on that, Julia. You have all Malaysians behind you, for the prayers.

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FOr those who like photos :
    Julia at the hospital, courtesy of Kosmo - http://www.kosmo.com.my/kosmo/conten...n&pg=su_05.htm




    The one on the left is the new Sports Minister, on the right BAM President, the middle guy should be the Ortho surgeon operating on Julia. Behind them, one of them looks like Ganga Rao.



  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHfR2kPtyZs
    rated for 14 yrs and older
    it is alway sad to see injury to any fine athletes
    Last edited by cooler; 05-14-2009 at 11:10 PM.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I give my best wish for her to recover faster

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Planet of Lords
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Julia Wong just discharged from hospital today and will need at least 6 months rest.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where is our julia wong?
    By jackson_loh in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 5
    : 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
  2. Julia or Mew Choo ?
    By Jo-ann in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 41
    : 04-22-2009, 02:38 AM
  3. Wong Yik Nam
    By Yong_Hui in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 3
    : 10-17-2008, 09:43 PM
  4. Julia and Anita out to defy the odds in first round
    By cheeyf in forum Asian Continental Championships 2007
    Replies: 0
    : 04-10-2007, 01:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •