GGBC Little Star Friendship Tournament Photos!!

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Jan 23, 2008.

1. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

Dear BC Friends!

Here are the photos from our Little Star Friendship Tournament! Please CHEER and CLAP for our Shining GG Little Stars!!

Happily Yours, GG Management ;)

[​IMG]
    Am I Having Fun?

[​IMG]
    Awww...so cute!

[​IMG]
    Come on, kill them with ur serve!

[​IMG]
    Cool Dude Server

[​IMG]
    Cover the courts!

[​IMG]
    Did we WIN??

[​IMG]
    Hey! I am ready already!

[​IMG]
    I said I am ready already!!

[​IMG]
    I am hitting cross court with crossed arms..

[​IMG]
    Is this the right stance?

[​IMG]
    Let me BLOW the birdie over!

[​IMG]
    My hair has to be as good as my game!

[​IMG]
    Ok what's taking so long?

[​IMG]
    Stay slow...& Concentrate.

[​IMG]
    We are the World! We are the GG Little Stars! Except 4 the 2 big ones!

[​IMG]
    THE MUMS

[​IMG]
    This is Badminton Tourny, not Wii Tourny!

[​IMG]
    Umm..director..look behind U

[​IMG]
    I got the POWER of GOLD!

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Nice picture.. saw a Lebron James Jersey there.. isit the Real Jersey that he wore?

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    GGBC: Juniors involved in tournament !!!

Hahaha......

It's great to see that there are so many juniors involved in your tournament@GGBC. :D:D:D

With Love from Australia to GGsally too. :):):)

#3 chris-ccc, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Great to see some happy young players playing..

...hmm, looking at the 4th pic from last, i didn't know King James plays baddy?!?!..:confused: :p;)
    But, yes, it's great to see the happy faces of those young players!..:cool:

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It seems in a lot of mix double pairs, the girls look taller than the guys. Guess it's confirmed that the girls tend to grow up faster during younger ages. ;)

6. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Lebron Shirt

Hello There,

I didn't even know who he was when I was invited to an NBA basketball game, with him in it, in Macau at the Venetian Hotel in November. This was my first NBA basketball game and all I could do was play with those adorable mascots!! I got a dragon from I don't know which team! Love those cheerleaders in the middle and the hip hop dancing is incredible entertainment!!

What I DID notice was the number 23, which is Mike Yangs B-day and he loves that number! So when I got to chat with Lebron I told him about badminton and Mikes Club in Bay Area and his love to help spread the goodness of badminton across US since it's more well known elsewhere. Mr. James was hmm... thoughtful and actually liked badminton, so when I got on the helicopter to leave, the Agent presented me with this T-shirt to bring back to Mikey & GGBC signed by JL himself! I thought that was very nice of him so I'm sure he has a great impression of badminton now!

Well.. of course.. maybe I mean.. badminton.. basketball.. are similar.. h haaa.. If even only the B's!! :D:p

Regards, Sally

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I would assume..

..and hope it's a brand.........new.........fresh from the factory jersey he gave to you?!?!...:confused: :eek: :p;)
    *Btw, thanks for sharing the story w/us, Sally!:):cool:

#7 ctjcad, Jan 23, 2008
  8. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

The Smell of Roses...

:D
    OH:eek:!! Hmm...:rolleyes: I didn't take a sniff when they gave it to me:cool:! In fact, I was getting in Heli and stuffed in the nice bag they gave me cos I'm kinda scared of Heli's.. But I called Mike and was more excited about the #23 rather than the Lebron but Mike was so happy and said Lebron is extremely talented and the best thing since Jordan, but most of all a GREAT inspiration to all Atheletes young and old, so the shirt is on our GG walls for that purpose ....to "inspire"...:)

Next time you go.. you take a whiff! :D:rolleyes:

Sally

#8 GGsally, Jan 23, 2008
  9. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

YES! Mike was telling me that our GG Tourny's are very popular now amoungst our members and everyone can't wait for the next one, so now we are having another very soon in February which is the over 40 one and I'm told I've been "applied" to play! Well.. I'm going to work DAMN hard to get one of those darn medals! I've been practising reeeaaaal HARD!

Yes our juniors are adorable. They came from both clubs and they are pretty ambitious and competitive but all very friendly so! It's great to see all the kids and Parents having such a good time! Thanks so much Chris! Let's have a CCC + GGBC Tourny! Mike will LOVE to go to Australia. He's never been!! OH wouldn't THAT be sooo much FUN!!! :D

Regards, Sally

10. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Bigger girls

Oh yes.. I was just one of those and was always picked on.. pooor..:eek: but now girls are TOUGH:mad: so the boys can't pick.. hehee..

Sally

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Thanks Sally.

With his signature on it.. i think That shirt can make alot of money on Ebay! :).
    Probably next time you guys can invite him to play some badminton at your place. Free publicity for badminton. I'm sure there will be alot of media around when LJ's is around.
    Btw need a favour, if you could take a close-up shot of those shirts that you guys hang on the wall. How did you manage to put it in a frame? Reason i asked is that i have alot of the player's shirt that was given to me. And what i did was just chuck them in my closet and probably wear some of them. I would also want to do it like you guys, hang it on the wall or something.

Ants

12. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Framing T-shirt

OH That's very easy.. Just pick frame with a deeper set in and BIG enough to contain the whole T-shirt. Lie the shirt flat on it and tape the back unless you want to show ALL the Tshirt then you get a bigger frame! Then put it all together and WALA!! Framed T-shirt!

:D GG Sally

13. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

GGBC Little Star Tourny Journey 2008

Hello BC Buddies!!

Hi again! I know we already put up our Little Star Friendship Tournament photos here but we couldn't resist sharing our Tournament Directors "Tourny Journey" with you so that you may consider to have your kids, any kids who love badminton join our GG Tournaments next time! You know we'd LOVE to have you! Hope you will read on!

Little Star Tourny Journey
    Jan 20 2008, GGBC 1 Menlo Park

[​IMG]

Our GGBC Little Star Friendship Tournament, held on January 20, 2008 was totally a 6 STAR success! After an adrenaline pumping twelve matches, the Menlo Park (G1) club team claimed VICTORY over the Oakland, Emeryville (G2) club team by a score of 8 to 4. The Little Star Tournament was so popular that it drew the largest number players to participate in our inter-club tournament so far. A total of 27 Little Stars played in the exciting games! I would like to thank the little Star players, their parents,and their supporters who dedicated their time to the tournament!

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]All our GG little stars Sparkled with one common attribute - that is their stealth discipline. Through dedicated, constant training, some of them played with the elegance of strokes and footwork that gained immense admiration from the audience. Those who hadn't played for some while, refused to surrender their games without giving their opponents a tough challenge![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]One of the cutest pairs were Justin Choi and Vivian Chow. Both of them are smaller than their opponents. Justin has a little extra meat on him ;) and more experienced, while Vivian is a shy beginner. As a result, Justin had to cover a large area of the court to retrieve the shot. But he was such a fighter that some of his shots surely surprised his opponents. One of the parents who were inspired by watching the game told his Son, "you should learn from his fighting spirit". Ah... but everyone tried their best and gave everything they got![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Let's give our hands to the following Little Stars for their friendship, discipline, and stellar achievement throughout the entire tournament. 3 CHEERS TO to all of you for your magnificent achievement & fine sportsmanship![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]G1 team: Stella Chung, Hensley Ellefritz, Karine Hsu, Jasmine Xu, Monica Tang, Shirley Chan, Darius Chia, Kyle Tseng, Alison Li, Timothy Yue, Eric Cheung, Jonathan Tran, Dennis Huang, Jeffery Chang, Garrick Ngai, Patrick Wen, Justin Lui[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]G2 team: Vivian Chow, Chuan-Chuan Hsia, Leslie Tong, Tiffany Ko, Kina Hoe, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Justin Choi, Timothy Tong, Peter Xie, Justin Jeon, Jonathan Lee[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]On a final note Dear Members; let's hope all of you will come out and play our incredibly fun, and getting more challenging, GG Team Tournaments in the future! It's delightful to see so many of our family members, not only having fun, but participating in a healthy, friendly competition, where they can exercise & challenge their physical, and mental stamina, not to mention interactive abilities. PLEASE come to join our in house FUN and laughter, and play in our exciting GG HOME GAMES! The more the merrier! Let's be determined to organize more meaningful activities TOGETHER as a GG FAMILY AND CREATE MANY GREAT MEMORIES FOR OUR GG ARCHIVES![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]With most sincere regards, [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Li Feng Tan[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Member and Tournament Director of GGBC Home Games![/FONT]

#13 GGManagement, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol.. I hope the "bigger girls" come more often, as I don't have to cover the back most of the time in XD. :p Hmmm... time to promote some "LB style reverse MXD". :D

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    GCBC vs CCC Tourny (for adorable players only)

Hahaha... Yes, let's have a CCC + GGBC Tourny one day. :):):)

Perhaps we should allow for adorable players only, namely under 14 and over 40. :D:D:D

16. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

OH for SURE CHRIS!! Let's DO very soon! We are ALL WILLING to go to Melbourne! I LOVE Melbourne!! OH PULLLEASE ask Mike to arrange it!! :D:D:D!! We will make ourselves GG ADORABLE and ALL DRESS ALIKE OR SOMETHING HA HAAA!!! Hey but we should PLAN already. It would be an awesome trip and then the Mel-Bournes have to come to Bay Area cos you know you gotta do the Badminton Clubs Tour!! Like you need to be here all week!:D:D:D

Sally