0 Thread(s)

Lol... I did reply to it twice!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOLEST View Post
    Lol... I did reply to it twice!!
    Thanks for your quick replies, which we all appreciate. Sometimes, BCers want to ask questions, but they're too polite to do so, like our ctjcad

Anyways, "Over the rainbow" is in Canada. The region in which I'm living right now is freezing, and although badminton isn't exactly popular, it's organized well.

And as far as my username goes, I decided to use it while I was skimming over some threads before joining and saw the username cooler. I just thought it would be funny if there was a cooler and a coolest. However, I didn't think that everyone would pick up on my little joke so soon .
    Your username is no joke. You do live in a very cold place, which makes you and cooler neck to neck. Who's more cooler? We should see

Just wondering if you ever see rainbows in your parts of Canada? I also had this question for some time. Since many BCers are in Canada and I assume ppl like to play there more than in US, was it because the cold weather in Canada made outdoor sports less feasible compared to an indoor sports like baddy? In US, more ppl are interested in "football" and baseball

So how many times you play each week and does the club have "elite players" who are annoys to others or you're already one of them by now? I'm glad that the rank of active mature female BCers has grown by another one if I'm not too far off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post

Just wondering if you ever see rainbows in your parts of Canada? Since many BCers are in Canada and I assume ppl like to play there more than in US, was it because the cold weather in Canada made outdoor sports less feasible compared to an indoor sports like baddy?

So how many times you play each week and does the club have "elite players" who are annoys to others or you're already one of them by now?
    You seem to be quite inquisitive .

Well, Canada is only freezing during the winter, unless you live way up North, so I don't that think we Canadians like badminton more just because it's in a convinient indoor setting. In fact, I actually play badminton outside sometimes during the summer .

Unfortunately, I only get one chance to play baddy each week ! I'm way too busy these days to get some more play in, and my club only plays once a week anyway . But I practise at home everyday regardless.

As far as annoyed elite players go, I came across none! The players at my club are really kind and during my first few weeks they helped me improve a lot. And when I played against the elite players, they all did their best to stay within a certain amount of skill range so they that didn't overwhelm me. I even won a few matches against those players, but I'm 99.99 % sure that they were going easy on me . Now, however, I would consider myself to be a decent match for the elite members of my club, and they don't go easy on me anymore because they now that I've improved .

And yes, many rainbows appear around my area during the warmer seasons .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the information. Sorry being nosy and I will yield at this time

But before you go, could you please tell me how can you improve from a beginner to one with "elite" playing skills so quickly? How do you practice at home? We all want to improve our skills, and there must be something I can learn from you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the information. Sorry being nosy and I will yield at this time

But before you go, could you please tell me how can you improve from a beginner to one with "elite" playing skills so quickly? How do you practice at home?
    It wasn't at all a quick transition, and I wouldn't really consider myself to be an elite player quite yet . At home I just practise my serves and footwork, and I try my best to make sure that my mom doesn't see me swinging my racquet around near the empty space right beside the China cabinet .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again. I will leave you alone now before kwun came after me for interrogating you
    Last edited by Birdwood; 01-24-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again. I will leave you alone now before kwun come after me for interrogating you
    Lol , I wonder if he would actually do that .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol , I wonder if he would actually do that .
    I just changed it. And I hope my warm welcome did not make you any less cooler than the COOLEST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to BC,coolest.Hope u'll enjoy ur stay!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Well..

It wasn't at all a quick transition, and I wouldn't really consider myself to be an elite player quite yet . At home I just practise my serves and footwork, and I try my best to make sure that my mom doesn't see me swinging my racquet around near the empty space right beside the China cabinet .
    ..it helps, considering you have a "compact" physique, COOLEST...I don't think any one taller will escape hitting furnitures in their rooms, while swinging their rackets..
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...073#post775073

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can try practicing in your basement or in the garage when it's empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad that the rank of active mature female BCers has grown by another one if I'm not too far off
    I'm amending my remark of mature with " "

Thank you, detective ctjcad, for uncovering the COOLEST person in BC for us

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..it helps, considering you have a "compact" physique, COOLEST...I don't think any one taller will escape hitting furnitures in their rooms, while swinging their rackets..
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...073#post775073

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u can try practicing in your basement or in the garage when it's empty.
    I usually don't practise in my garage because it's freezing , and my basement has a trophy cabinet and I can't risk hitting the fragile t.v. like I did once before . I'm just clearing some space in my room to practise instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The televisions in our house have sufferend a great deal as well...

I remeber that my little brother found my racquet once... it was a nightmare.

I must say, he's really smart and tricky for his age. He used the racquet to extend his reach and open the junk food cabinet, which was unaccesible beforehand, even when he used his mickey mouse chair. He then went downstairs cracked a mirror, scratched the walls, and scratched the t.v!

Now all of this happened when I was at the baddy club, but I know it was him because there was that orange cheese from Cheetos on my racquet and they were spilled all over downstairs as well, and my brother is the only one that eats the crunchy Cheetos in our family. When I asked my everyone in my family why they let him do that they said they were all in the garage trying to hang up my older brother's punching bag, and that they thought that my little brother was sleeping.

We had to get a new t.v, and I had cheese all over my grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    The televisions in our house have sufferend a great deal as well...
    We had to get a new t.v, and I had cheese all over my grip.
    I always have to wash my hands after eating anything at the baddy club because my grip is bright white , and my family has gone through many televisions too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy coolest, join us in 'watching' the Korea Open. It's in the 2008 Tournaments, Korea Open threads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drifit View Post
    welcome to BC........
    cooler than cooler = coolest
    Do we have a COOL here?
    If so it will complete the cycle: cool, cooler, coolest!

Now we should expect
    HOT, HOTTER, HOTTEST to come onboard!

A BIG welcome to you COOLEST!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast