Hi ^_^

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by COOLEST, Jan 23, 2008.

1. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

I've been playing badminton for quite a while now, but I just recently got more involved with the more competitive side of it so I decided to join this forum to get more familiar with badminton beyond recreation purposes.

Besides badminton, I also kickbox and run :).

So yeah, hi :D.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to be BCBF, COOLEST!!:)..and wow, you did it, how come i never thought about that screen-name before???:p...Btw, you're not related to our cooler, aren't you??..:confused: :rolleyes:;)..Anyway, hope you'll visit & hang around this site more; make yourself @ home and have fun surfing in here!!;):cool:
    *waiting for the rest of the BC welcoming party to jump in here and give a warm welcome*

#2 ctjcad, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  3. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

Student, Martial Arts Instructor
    Welcome to BC! It's good to know that there's another female kickboxer on the site! And yeah, are you related to cooler :p?

4. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

She did what :confused:?

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..she got the user/screen name COOLEST..:p;)

#5 ctjcad, Jan 23, 2008
  6. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

And....... :confused:?

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    welcome to BF COOLEST.
    We can alway use more cool heads around here:D

8. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

Thanks for your warm welcomes!

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

If you feel it's warm..

..wait til the rest of the welcoming crew rolls in........you'll feel much2 warmer..;):):cool:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Btw..

..i couldn't help smiling when i look at the forum page and saw cooler's and COOLEST's names side by side...It's COOL, isn't it???:) ;) :cool:

Attached Files:

• bcm.JPG
      bcm.JPG
      File size:
      49.4 KB
      Views:
  11. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

Lol, it does look pretty cool :cool:.

#11 COOLEST, Jan 23, 2008
  12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

welcome to bc forum, COOLER!!:)
    HAVE FUN HERE,,!!:)

13. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

COOLEST, welcome to BC, please join us for some meaningful discussions. I look forward to your insightful comments. I saw that you already got hands dirty in a few threads, one of which my male fellows were too afraid to even touch :cool:

Now comes the more challenging part of Introduction. Lately, we’ve been asking questions to get better acquainted. Your username really stands out. COOLEST is cooler than our cooler, who is very cool already. So could you please tell us a little bit more about yourself and why you want to use that username? BCers use a lot of usernames, i.e. first names, names of favorite animals and players, things they like, etc. If you are really the coolest person in BC, then I’d like to know how to be one :rolleyes:

My second question is about the place you live. Which part of the world “over the rainbow” it is? Is it cold, warm, or hot, with hills, and a lot places to play baddy? Is baddy a popular sports there and how well it’s organized? If you want us to guess, please give us some hints or clues, BCers are very capable for solving mysteries, such as names and places. We also have well trained detectives standing by (ABCD) for any job large or small :eek:

Of course, you might prefer to remain mysterious. But either way, I hope the questions are no where close to being offensive. Otherwise my next question would be how to out-run you if we ever meet since you practice kickboxing and I’m not :confused::D

14. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    welcome to BC........:)
    cooler than cooler = coolest
    :D:D:D

15. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hey there. hang ten dudette!! surf well and surf true and surf for fun till your face turn blue :D (you know, cause you are coolest)

someone should use the nick cool here. then we will have cool, cooler and coolest. way awesome!!!

i hope though you will not feel warm by all the welcoming committee cause then you wont be cool anymore :)

16. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

Well, as far as my username goes, I'd actually skimmed over a few threads before joining and I saw the username cooler, and I just thought that it would be sort of funny if there was a cooler and a coolest, so that's why I named myself coolest. And over the rainbow is actually located somewhere in Canada, and it's freezing here right now :eek:. Badminton is not exactly popular, but it's organized well enough :).

17. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

I'm pretty sure I already replied to this... perhaps the reply vanished :eek:?

Anyways, "Over the rainbow" is in Canada. The region in which I'm living right now is freezing, and although badminton isn't exactly popular, it's organized well.

And as far as my username goes, I decided to use it while I was skimming over some threads before joining and saw the username cooler. I just thought it would be funny if there was a cooler and a coolest. However, I didn't think that everyone would pick up on my little joke so soon :p.

18. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

Lol... I did reply to it twice!!

19. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Thanks for your quick replies, which we all appreciate. Sometimes, BCers want to ask questions, but they're too polite to do so, like our ctjcad :)

Your username is no joke. You do live in a very cold place, which makes you and cooler neck to neck. Who's more cooler? We should see :rolleyes:

Just wondering if you ever see rainbows in your parts of Canada? I also had this question for some time. Since many BCers are in Canada and I assume ppl like to play there more than in US, was it because the cold weather in Canada made outdoor sports less feasible compared to an indoor sports like baddy? In US, more ppl are interested in "football" and baseball :mad:

So how many times you play each week and does the club have "elite players" who are annoys to others or you're already one of them by now? I'm glad that the rank of active mature female BCers has grown by another one if I'm not too far off ;)

20. COOLEST

COOLEST Regular Member

You seem to be quite inquisitive :D.

Well, Canada is only freezing during the winter, unless you live way up North, so I don't that think we Canadians like badminton more just because it's in a convinient indoor setting. In fact, I actually play badminton outside sometimes during the summer :cool:.

Unfortunately, I only get one chance to play baddy each week :crying:! I'm way too busy these days to get some more play in, and my club only plays once a week anyway :(. But I practise at home everyday regardless.

As far as annoyed elite players go, I came across none! The players at my club are really kind and during my first few weeks they helped me improve a lot. And when I played against the elite players, they all did their best to stay within a certain amount of skill range so they that didn't overwhelm me. I even won a few matches against those players, but I'm 99.99 % sure that they were going easy on me :p. Now, however, I would consider myself to be a decent match for the elite members of my club, and they don't go easy on me anymore because they now that I've improved :D.

And yes, many rainbows appear around my area during the warmer seasons :).