practice group and coach

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by chloedub, Jan 24, 2008.

1. chloedub

chloedub New Member

student
    Hello everyone,:)

I just arrived in HCMC and I live in binh Thanh District.
    I have read all posts about where to play but still do not know a club where I could really train. After 8 years of competition in France, I am not a beginner there but I do not know the standards level here!
    I am in search too of a playing group.

Would be so nice to someone to help me, i am so addicted to badminton and i have not play for 2 weeks:crying:! (you know how it feels!)

Thanks a lot

2. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hi Chloedub,

If you have read the postings, there are some places/clubs that you can approach.Even Binh Thanh being such a big district ( I get lost there) should have some clubs.It's best to just turn up and see what's the standard are like. You don't want to play with people with different standards.So by turning at the club you can assess the situation without embarassment.The club at Ky Hoa is always a safe bet.
    If you are into high level competition, HCMC has some very good players in the country (I believe their no.1 is curently playing for a professional club in Indonesia in Kalimantan Barat).Just wait for the tournament to start and get an entry form to play.

All the best

Permanis

3. chloedub

chloedub New Member

student
    Hello Permanis,

Thanks a lot for your advices! It means the world to me!!!
    Yes, Bin Thanh is so big!
    You mean "The Ky Hoa club", adress "campus of Ky Hoa hotel, Ba Thang Hai st, dist 10"? Do you play in HCMC?
    Thanks again,
    Chloé

4. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hi Chloe,
    Yes the Ky Hoa at Ba Thang Hai Road.You can buy badminton rackets, have your rackets strung and buy badminton accessories at those sport shops along 3thang2 road (almost opposite Ky Hoa club itself).
    No I don't live in HCMC.However I have been there on numerous occasions and enjoyed playing some badminton there. I do play just to pass the time ( mostly early in the morning at 6.00am and communicating in sign language). Why don't you visit a park ( say Le Van Tam park) early in the morning where there will be hundreds of people playing badminton. Wander around and watch the playing stardard and if the players are similar standard to yours, ask if you can join them.

If you need any further assistance, let me know.

Permanis