Korea Open 2008 - Day 6 - Jan 27 - FINALS!

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by kwun, Jan 26, 2008.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the order of play and my predictions:

Flandy Limpele / Vita Marissa vs. Lee Yong Dae / Lee Hyo Jung - personally i think Flandy/Vita will win despite playing Lee/Lee at home. Lee/Lee was stressed to 3 games today.

Lu Lan vs. Zhou Mi - Lu Lan hasn't shown that she can be consistent. ok. same for Zhou Mi but Zhou Mi has the experience.

Lin Dan vs. Lee Hyun Il - very impressive display today by Lee beating KJ. unfortunately Lin Dan is still Lin Dan, very few players will trouble him. kudos for Li Mao though for bringing LeeHI back to life.

Du Jing / Yu Yang vs. Gao Ling / Zhao Tingting - Du Jing / Yu Yang has been on a roll lately. i think they will prevail again against their seniors.

Luluk Hadianto / Alvent Yulianto Chandra vs. Fu Haifeng / Cai Yun - tough match to call. surprised that Luluk / Alvent beat Jonas / Lars so tamely today. i am going to leave this one at 50/50.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan
    [1] vs Lee Hyun Il -- the Chinese has the edge, but, the home crowd might play a factor as Lee is also hungry to please his countrymen with a title.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto [6] vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun [2] -- Luluk/Alvent had been on a roll this week, with 3 impressive victories in their CV. Can they add another one tomorrow? Fu/Cai have the slight edge.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Lu Lan [3] vs Zhou Mi -- the Chinese Wall is crumbling and its up to Zhou Mi now to deliver a big blow once again.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES -- who cares abt this match anyway

MIXED DOUBLES
    Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa
    [4] vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung -- no tough opponents for Flandy/Vita so far, but, they have beaten the Korean pair in HK Open 2007. I think they could go on and lift their 3rd SS titles.

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    My predictions:

Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung - I still think the Koreans can take this one if LHJ can minimise her errors in front of the net like what she did during the 2nd half of the decider today.

Lu Lan vs Zhou Mi - Lu Lan has been shaky and inconsistent. Zhou Mi has the experience and desperately needs this title.

Lin Dan vs Lee Hyun Il - Nobody can stop Lin Dan from defending the title.

Du Jing/Yu Yang vs Gao Ling/Zhao Tingting - The younger compatriots will prevail again against their seniors.

Luluk Hadianto/Alvent Yulianto Chandra vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun - A very tough match to call. The Indonesans surprised everyone when they tamed Lars/Jonas today. They can claim their maiden SS title if they can reproduce the same effort.

4. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Flandy-Vita v Lee n Lee again!!! Well Korean to win

Luluk-Alven v Cai-Fu....Well we are gonna get grill here

so conclusion no titles for INA:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

5. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Flandy Limpele / Vita Marissa vs. Lee Yong Dae / Lee Hyo Jung - Lee/Lee had a stressful 3 setter today against Xie/Zhang and are under severe pressure to win a title at home. Plus, Lee Hyo Jung is tired after having played two matches today (she lost her wd match tamely after wiinning the xd). Much less pressure on Flandy/Vita, they've done well to reach the final. Flandy/Vita to prevail in 3 sets.

Lu Lan vs. Zhou Mi -

Lin Dan vs. Lee Hyun Il - LHI will be pumped, but will run out of gas eventually. LD is still at his best.

Du Jing / Yu Yang vs. Gao Ling / Zhao Tingting - This will be a tough fight between the two pairs who are vying to be the third Chn pair for olympic selection. My feeling..gao ling/zhao tingting to win

Luluk Hadianto / Alvent Yulianto Chandra vs. Fu Haifeng / Cai Yun - Luluk/Alvent out to prove that they are INA's #2 pair, but I can't see them winning against the world number 3.

6. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    im betting on LYI to fry LD tomorrow? anyone for a satay bet?

7. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Alfa..Where have you been recently???Now no more satay,how about roti canai???:D:D:D

8. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

I'm wf u...comon LHI, grill LD eventhough it's tougher than reach the top of The Great Wall of China!!! And... I like beef satay...:D:D:D

9. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    If LHI wins tomorrow and so do u in PAW.:D

10. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Wat to do, hv to play big oh...:p But my heart n my head is the same, I wan LHI to win this! :cool:

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Have some faith on your players, i dont think Flandy/Vita will disappoint :cool:

12. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    wow,both LHI and LHJ/LYD are finalists for MO and now KO.
    Seriously hope LHI can give a tough fight againts LD tomorrow..

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

What happened to Malaysia Boleh?:D

14. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Indonesia BISA!

15. volcom

volcom Regular Member

China Boleh!
    Chine Gambateh!
    China Jia Cao Ji You!

16. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

cmon LHI, ZM, LH/AYC win the final match...break domination of the great wall...:D:D:D

17. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    let me try one ^^
    Lin Dan vs Lee Hyun Il - mayb the lee is getting bac but lin still the super dan + this is a fresh lin, he will definitely wan to hav a happy opening title for 08.

Lu Lan vs Zhou Mi - this two are not so consistent but zhou mi has been waiting for a ss title for a long long time plus lu lan often didn't get wat it take in the crucial time lik semis o final.

Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng vs Luluk/Alvent- afta kido/setiawan i think this one should be theirs coz the ina pair seldom play in finals, pressure factor here i think.

Gao Ling/Zhao Tingting
    vs Du Jing/Yu Yang - if thinking from game plan of china, i think GL/ZTT will win, coz they alr giv the 1st one to YW/ZJW, now is their time to get theirs + need some pts here.

Vita Marissa/Flandy Limpele
    vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung - this one interesting, marissa/limpele seldom crash out if they reach final, but the koreans want this one badly afta missed their 1st one last week. 50-50 for both and i will go for ina this time coz from wat i experienced LHJ can't stand the spectator pressure much.

18. Andi Sumantri

Andi Sumantri Regular Member

Indonesia lawan.

Indonesia pantang mundur.

Indonesia Maju terus.

19. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

You really should give them more respect. Even if it is an all Chinese final, they still deserve the consideration of being the best in the world. I mean shoot, they'd probably wipe you off the court if you got the chance to play em.

That said:
    MS-LD
    WS-ZM
    MD-Fu/Cai
    WD-Gao/Zhao
    XD-Limpele/Marissa
    All the veterans to take the glory

#19 sumbadder, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  20. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

Lukvent vs Cai/Fu

I know that Lukvent..especially Luluk really want to prove to PBSI and badminton world that they're still exist..and they can win this tournament..huge motivation, focus and mental strength will be their key for edge against world no.2 cai/fu..especially if Luluk is on his top form and far away from his reckless actions :p:D:D

Flandy/Vita vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung

This experienced INA pair has playing characteristic that Chinese, and Korean pairs don't like, so patient, so diligent, controlling rhythm, and combined variating shots all the way round the corners, and most importantly, Flandy's experience will give them slight edge against Lee/Lee

It's not just a patriotic opinion, it's my objective analysis, based on those reasons, I personally think INA reps in Korea open final could reach their best,

INDONESIA BISA !!!