Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking ahead positively..

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    ...Look at the positive side, this incidence most probably will force WBF to take some sort action to prevent poor line judgment in coming tournament.
    ..possibly and let's hope so..
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    You're sure about this? Never heard of own umpire presiding over own open final in such an important event, which involved one of its own player. What happened to the conflict of interest, let alone the appearance
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Yup, Birdwood. You can fly off the watch the vid again on CO 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    In CO Open as I was there...all umpires and service judge are from China with One Korean umpire was invited for the tournament...but during Final, Korean umpire was rested....(), so All Chinese umpires were in the final...
    ..yes, the main umpire, during the 2007 China Open MS Final, was from China. You can read all about the "controversy" in the 2007 China Open thread/sub-forum..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyang View Post
    the unpire is not from china
    Umpires, service judges are from China...thats the fact!!!...Pls accept it as I was there...Kwun was there too.....only referee head is from Netherland, I think.....one Korean Umpire which was not being used in Final...thats weird!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is sad for anybody to have to play in that condition. be it LCW in china open 07 or Lin Dan in korea open 08. not saying that BCl and LHI did not deserve the win but without the bad calls the win would be sweeter because people will not wonder if you would have won it if not for the calls that favours you. this is not helping the game at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

I heard from "unofficial sources" that Referee had made a full report about the incident and it seems that BWF may call LD/LM for a hearing....sigh!! just like they did on TH's Walkout from HKG open....TH was charged for bad behavior last time....sad day!!
    (i wanted to reply to this post but the thread has been locked. Hope kwun won't mind me posting it here)..
    ..i believe they (BWF) just wanted to clear up anything that might've been said, intentionally or unintentionally, between both parties; and to resolve any "misunderstandings", HOPEFULLY, once for all.
    I don't know whether they've apologized or cleared things up with each other, privately, but whatever decisions that may come upon LD or/ LiMao, HOPEFULLY at the end, both parties will mend their disagreements/misunderstandings. I think that's more important and professional.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-27-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    (i wanted to reply to this post but the thread has been locked. Hope kwun won't mind me posting it here)..
    ..i believe they (BWF) just wanted to clear up anything that might've been said, intentionally or unintentionally, between both parties; and to resolve any "misunderstandings", HOPEFULLY, once for all.
    I don't know whether they've apologized or cleared things up with each other, privately, but whatever decisions that may come upon LD or/ LiMao, HOPEFULLY at the end, both parties will mend their disagreements/misunderstandings. I think that's more important and professional.
    If BWF wants to meet up with LM and LD, it will not be to clear petty household issues. It will be to determine misconduct etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sure and true..

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    If BWF wants to meet up with LM and LD, it will not be to clear petty household issues. It will be to determine misconduct etc.
    ..but whatever they're going to decide/determine, hope both parties will mend any disagreements/misunderstandings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH got fined after walking out from HKO..so I am afraid that LD might get same treatments like TH......Lius Pongoh had to accompany TH to KL for hearing but Chinese referee ( in charge of HKO) did not show up....still fault on TH....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Well said....LD slaughtered LHI 21-4 in the 1st game, how the heck he lost the next 2 in dueces, whoa??
    Illogical. Losing one game badly does not mean you can't win the other two. There are many non-linejudging-bias examples of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been told that there have been bad blood between CHN team and LM...dont know how true it is....dont know how it started...anyway...enough said!! I just want to enjoy clean and fair badminton...hope we will have one soon in AE.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..but whatever they're going to decide/determine, hope both parties will mend any disagreements/misunderstandings.
    I sort of doubt that will ever happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illogical. Losing one game badly does not mean you can't win the other two. There are many non-linejudging-bias examples of this.
    LHI was known for slow starter...in MO also....Sony beat LHI very easily in 1st game then ended losing for last 2 games...same thing in Final MO, LCW beat LHI easily in 1st game...
    Sony Beat LD easily in 1st game but losing next 2 games....there is no quarantee if you won easily 1st game then you should win.....
    Andre lost easily to Eric Pang in 1st set but beating Eric 22-20,22-20....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think this is why badminton in neutral ground are always more enjoyable and less controversial than china open, china masters, korea open, and even indonesia open and thailand open and malaysia open. i just hope olympics will be conducted like the all england. no biased calls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TH got fined after walking out from HKO..so I am afraid that LD might get same treatments like TH......Lius Pongoh had to accompany TH to KL for hearing but Chinese referee ( in charge of HKO) did not show up....still fault on TH....
    ..okaaay, so any relevance to the possible meeting between LD, LM & BWF??..
    I sort of doubt that will ever happen.
    ..well, at least it's a hope..
    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    i think this is why badminton in neutral ground are always more enjoyable and less controversial than china open, china masters, korea open, and even indonesia open and thailand open and malaysia open. i just hope olympics will be conducted like the all england. no biased calls.
    ..neutral ground??...U.S.A.??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-27-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, USA, france, england, swiss...you know neutral ground. hehehehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..okaaay, so any relevance to the possible meeting between LD, LM & BWF??..:confused

..well, at least it's a hope..

..neutral ground??...U.S.A.??..
    It it happens..BWF will set up a date to call both parties to KL...just like they did to TH/Ina Teams.....too early to tell as my information is not official yet....( thats whay I called" unofficial sources")

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    What do you mean by "neutral ground" Is such a place unless there are no players from the hosting country participating. If that is the case, why the country wants to host a tournament in the first place

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    What do you mean by "neutral ground" Is such a place unless there are no players from the hosting country participating. If that is the case, why the country wants to host a tournament in the first place
    Yes....there is one neutral ground......Moon....imagine playing baddy in the moon... ( just kidding)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast