User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    We do not mind contributing US$ 10...but make sure that money did not dissapear like Petronas's gift to BWF...as no one knows how to track it down the fund until now....
    How about we put you in charge , or set up some sort of escrow account?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    How about we put you in charge , or set up some sort of escrow account?
    No...I may end up buying LV in Paris.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do not mind contributing US$ 10...but make sure that money did not dissapear like Petronas's gift to BWF...as no one knows how to track it down the fund until now....
    Wow...how much was it? and when? ck...ck...ck...ck...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you may never come to watch badminton again.
    Seriously I can recognize you but not some WBF official other than maybe Punch Gunalan.
    Im sure most of the fans do too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    Wow...how much was it? and when? ck...ck...ck...ck...
    If I was right, it was about US$ 250K..I think Ants can fill in a bit....I think it was happening a ayear or 2......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Indra, your presence on BC is very sporadic recently. I think it all starts from the top. A good leader will set the standard for his followers. In my (and most BC members) opinion, BWF is a mickey mouse operation, with slow and unprogressive approaches. I acknowledge they're trying to push badminton more into the mainstream but it's how they're going about it that's questionable? They have got to get more professional, act more professional and portray themselves a professional organization. The marketing is so staid and uncreative. I'd hate to think who constitutes their think tank.

I did suggest in another thread that every BC member contribute $10 towards helping BWF purchase the hawkeye system.
    Hi Madbad, yes I have been very-very busy lately...almost no time to visit BC.

I guess it is time for those sitting in the leadership of BWF transfer their "seats" to younger and fresher successors...As the same problem has recurred and no immediate smart and strategic method of solving it is in sight, it really indicates that BWF needs an immediate total reform. The vision, missions and strategies of BWF need to be reviewed...Otherwise this condition will only put BWF on the brink of collapse....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post
    How can BWF determine misconduct if they could not determine if the line call was indeed a bad one, which might cost LD from winning KO 08 MS title? Say if BWF found the call was bad, would they take back the MSF result? Or they will just simply bypass the thorny call issue and go directly to the behaviors of LD and LM

It seems unfair to LD if BWF does not look into the root cause of the dispute and the misconduct of linesmen or even the handling of the disputed calls by the umpire, which were at the heart of any disagreements/misunderstandings
    You need to separate the two issues. The root problem has to be solved. But the form of protest must also be right. If, to give an extreme example, Lin Dan were to physically hurt the linejudge, he would be guilty as hell, notwithstanding whether the linejudge was right or wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vching View Post
    no need hawkeye lah... just instant replay/3rd umpire like cricket.... even on TV you can see whether a shuttle is in or not.... just use existing equipment ...
    If you were implement this rule, you have to be fair by implementing in all rounds and all courts (not just on the TV court). That would be pretty expensive and it is not 100% guaranteed because a player could be in the way of the view.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    it is not 100% guaranteed because a player could be in the way of the view.
    that's one of the thing that i don't understand about using a hawkeye type of system in badminton.

the nature of tennis and badminton are different. more often than not, the player in tennis is going to be standing away from the first ball/court contact point. so the hawkeye system has a better chance of a clear view of the contact point.

in badminton, this is not the case, most likely than not, the player in badminton will be right next the shuttle when it first touches the ground and very likely might be obstructing the view of the shuttle from the hawkeye system and on top of that, may confuse the system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    that's one of the thing that i don't understand about using a hawkeye type of system in badminton.

the nature of tennis and badminton are different. more often than not, the player in tennis is going to be standing away from the first ball/court contact point. so the hawkeye system has a better chance of a clear view of the contact point.

in badminton, this is not the case, most likely than not, the player in badminton will be right next the shuttle when it first touches the ground and very likely might be obstructing the view of the shuttle from the hawkeye system and on top of that, may confuse the system.
    In hawkeye system, several monitors are placed around the court. You need 3 cameras (I think) in direct view of the shuttle (ie. no one blocking) to triangulate the position. Somehow, the system will recognise what a shuttle is by pattern-recognition I guess. The more cameras you place around the court, the better.

As opposed to what we have now, which is to put a camera from the linejudge point of view. It works most of the time, but sometimes, a player could be blocking the view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Indra, your presence on BC is very sporadic recently. I think it all starts from the top. A good leader will set the standard for his followers. In my (and most BC members) opinion, BWF is a mickey mouse operation, with slow and unprogressive approaches. I acknowledge they're trying to push badminton more into the mainstream but it's how they're going about it that's questionable? They have got to get more professional, act more professional and portray themselves a professional organization. The marketing is so staid and uncreative. I'd hate to think who constitutes their think tank.

I did suggest in another thread that every BC member contribute $10 towards helping BWF purchase the hawkeye system.
    hear hear !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FO still no where lah..............wake up Hau-ge, it's just January now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2 View Post
    FO still no where lah..............wake up Hau-ge, it's just January now.
    It will take many months to colllect the fund from our BC members..... and I need to see the budget how many LV I can spend on it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will take many months to colllect the fund from our BC members..... and I need to see the budget how many LV I can spend on it....
    Kudos to you if you dare to do that, but there will be more than one racquet flying towards you then........not SMACKDOWN, it's everyone SMACK U DOWN.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter what bad line calls can really affect the player attitude and emotion...i'm really glad that lcw handle it in a very good way in CO....this proved to everyone that lcw is not mentally weak....i hate some people who are saying that bad line calls cannot affect the player >.<
    Now we can see how lin dan reacted towards this kind of incident....something that we are not really expected..
    Anyway i think bwf should find a solution to overcome this problem...this things are getting serious and it will ruin the fun of badminton...it is not good for this sport..more controversy will happen in the future...T_T
    Last edited by xsakurax; 01-28-2008 at 05:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes....there is one neutral ground......Moon....imagine playing baddy in the moon... ( just kidding)
    Too costly to go to Moon..! and the shuttlecocks wouldnt land in court because of low gravity...can not..lah..! BWF cant affort it ......i tot antartica is not belong any country right.........a pure neutral ground.....playing badminton infront of penguin......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It is time for instant replay

I am glad people here responded to my instant replay suggestion. Badminton is a huge sport, it is an Olympic event for god sake, to have it spoiled by some bad linesman's call is unjustifying, frustrating for both players and audiences, a disgrace to this sport, and the source of all unwanted scenes like what had just happened. For american football, the reason instant replay was not recommended is due to the fact that it hinder the flow of the game, but they finally realized that it is required to maintane a fair game, and have it re-installed. Now i think instant reply in badminton don't really stop the flow of the game but to implement a fair system protecting both players from bias/faulty judgement. How long could it take to replay the shot? BWF can take a step up and even replace the linesman on the scene who makes the same mistake twice, placed the particular unfit/bais linesman in the (black)list. Hawkeye system cost more money than just instant replay, but to be honest, it doesn't cost THAT much to include one, or even several on the courts. BWF can definately afford it with all the advertisement money (where is the money really gone to?) But for now i think instant replay with multiple cameras from different angles should work. Even for a game in NBA there is instant replay to determine if the last second ball made the basket as time expire, why can't badminton?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast