about the grip problem!! pls help!

Discussion in 'Grip' started by george@chongwei, Jan 29, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

does anyone knows what are the ways to always keep our grip clean especially the white colour grip...
    the problem is, everytime i use the white grip, the white grip will became black and dirty...
    so the question is, how to keep our grip, especially the white 1, clean and always white?/:confused:

like roger federer 1/.:):p:D

thanks...

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    are we talking supergrap or towel grip? well in reality its inevidable since it will eventually get dirty or wear out and you will have to replace it. but if its the supergrap kind then it gets really hard cause whatever is on your hand will be transfered to your grip so basically dont wipe your shoes with your racquet hand and then hold your grip so that will keep it a little more white but it will start to wear down and you will notice it. Towel grip though im not to sure on that one i dont use it since it wouldnt do me any good.

3. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    clean and wash your hand with soap before use grip.
    it's natural all white grip will change to black, so there no way you can fight that

4. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Regular Member

Consultant
    yeah, the blackness that rubs off onto the grip is just the accumulation of dirt and sweat.

5. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    The only way to clean the grip is to change a new one.. I tired once cleaning the grip (Yonex Super Grap in white) with some water and detergent.Well lets say that it did not turn out very well.

The grip will lose its tackiness and it is very awful to play with.

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I have tried to use detergent to wash them.It works though.Pull them off n wash them manually,using gentle brush or sponge.But i've stopped doing that though..since i normally use cheap overgrip,that i dispose everytime it's worn off.

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

federer's grip is always nice and white because he changes it for every match. i change my grips after using it for about 10 hours or so, not really because it looks dirty, but mainly because it has lost its feel.

8. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    you must go through alot of grip then i take it and that must cost alot, well its true federer does that but hes sponsored as well so its not really like it costs him anything in that sense so he can change his grip all he wants.