the newest clip

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by w3wmfhe, Jan 30, 2008.

1. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=QsdZUuWaPk4

this is newest clip , this is showing lindan was too far away from lm and with that kind crow ..lm said zhongbo ( china mens' single coach) was closer 2 him and he did even hear anything , how can lindan heard what he said

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    wow that was nasty :|

3. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

wow...I cant say anything about LD action in this clip...this first time in world badminton tournament, one player throw his racket to coach....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

thanks w3wmfhe....any other clips:D

4. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

that is something.
    Until someone else does a jump throw no one can break LD's record. :)

5. ssjtygrysek

ssjtygrysek Regular Member

Civil Engineering Intern
    A jump throw, that's something. I think TH should do a backhand throw, that would top LDs throw for sure. :)

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    as it was down the line smash, LHI had a good view of it too and kept quiet about it.

7. kungfukid

kungfukid Regular Member

Lin Dan is not only lack of sportsmanship, he has no manner too.

8. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    And the video does NOT showing things LM had done before the throwing thing either...

What should I do to trigger LD throwing his At700 to me? Hmmm, take some thoughts... ;-))

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't think you can blame LHI. He did what is normal these days. :cool: And how can he be 100% sure it was out? He was not concentrating on the path of the shuttlecock anyway -- I think it is common sense that you should focus on what your opponent is doing instead of following the shuttle you just hit. :)

Back to the point. :D I guess in the future more ppl will fish out their camera when the game is interrupted by controversial calls, with the hope that they will catch the first over-the-head throw, jumping throw, backhand throw or even jumping backhand throw in badminton history! :D

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Players do that all the time. It has become normal. In CO07, I think BCL also did that when LCW protested the line call.

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

IMO, in 07 china open, the questionable calls were all very close or hard to tell** and the match it seem, BCL was dominating over LCW and the score different is much wider. At the 08 KO MSF, 22-22, rubber set, 1 point gain or lost is 50% toward winning or losing a match... a big difference.

**To support your claim that bad line calls between CO and KO are all the same, i wouldnt mind if u show me some video clips that help me to decide that the CO bad line calls were 'obviously' incorrect... The youtube videos i saw of the CO questionable calls were, imo, hard to tell.

#12 cooler, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Not "all very close" to me and many other ppl. :cool:

FYI, BCL was NOT dominating LCW until the 11:10 call. I totally disagree with your "big difference" theory but I think that topic has been argued extensively after CO07 so let's not get into that.

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In CO and China Master, China used " service faults" and " receiving faults" trick to all foreign players....thats you can not judge ....very smart way to destroy other players' confident...I have to say linemen in China especially in Guanzhou was much better..except using the trick of service and receiving faults...

15. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    oh my... now I am totally convinced Lin Dan should be suspended with a large fine!

16. super__gao

super__gao Regular Member

if i were to hit a straight line smash, i would know instantly if it was in or out. even before the shuttle hits the ground, i would have a a good idea if my shot was in or out. i've been playing regularly for about, 4 almost 5 years.

LHI has been playing badminton for something like 20 years of his life, almost training everyday, he has one the best on court vision of all players EVER, and you think that he wouldn't know if he has hit a shot in or out??!?!?!?!?! you are really underestimating how good pro badminton players are.
    come on, get real, LHI knew that shot was out.

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Yes...players will know....but so what? he has right to chose to keep quiet...samething happening also in any tournaments...just like in HKO/CO as I am sure LD/BCL knew it was out...but they also chose to let umpires make decision...same thing with TH in MO against PSW...he knew the shuttle was IN but he kept quiet...

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    LHI did what any shuttler would do. I'm not saying it is correct, but even LD would have done it if their roles were switched.

LD was very confrontational, pointing his racket at LHI, even though he knows the only one who can do anything about it is the umpire. This confrontation probably incensed Li Mao and the whole thing escalated to the racket throwing which seems very vicious to me. If their roles were switched, I don't think LHI would have acted the same way.

#18 hcyong, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  19. super__gao

super__gao Regular Member

you nailed it. that's a major problem we have in badminton. the superstars of badminton should be just that, SUPERSTARS!!! you guys now wonder why badminton is not too popular everywhere except for asia?
    there is a total lack of player interaction and sportsmanship. many of the badminton players don't seem to have the word "sportsmanship" in their vocabulary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuT2p3ABcCQ
    yah, sports like hockey and football (american) might seem appauling to you. i don't blame you guys for thinking this, their are fights, hitting, (lots and lots and lots and lots)^1000000 trash talk and other incidences which would make the LD Li Mao fiasco look like nothing.
    but amongst all that stuff, there is more kindness and sportsmanship than what most asian countries percieve these sports to have.

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    There is also a lot of kindness and sportsmanship in badminton. Yes, not when the officials ruled wrongly in your favour, but name me a sport in which players would consistently overrule such judgings.