User Tag List

Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 67 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ar Dan View Post
    It is quite easy, buy some 800 and 1200 grid sandpaper + 1 can of flat black model paint.
    Lol...i mite as well buy the 3-for-$10 type of racquet....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Ohh....the site shows only red.....which means only red is for general public....any idea how one might be able to get the Black edition??
    painted black yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol...i mite as well buy the 3-for-$10 type of racquet....
    True... but it won't play the same way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    painted black yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar Dan View Post
    True... but it won't play the same way
    Whatever methods i try, it won't play as the ArcS 10 either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd generation refers to post 2001 production for old version of Ti-10. If i didn't get it wrong, the 2nd generation of old Ti-10 is less head heavy than the 1st generation.

New Ti-10 refers to the new colour schemed Ti-10 which is headlight.
    I tink ants meant that. Not sure though..need his confirmation....
    I don't think thats what he means. Since I don't think he would believe the headlight version of the Ti-10 is better than the head heavy one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm....then we will just wait for ants to clarify your doubt...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder.. when will the Apacs clone of the ArcSaber10 be released ?
    I think it's going to be called EdgeSaber10.. like the old EdgeSaber7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Yonex Arcsaber 10 Review

Review Date : November 07
    Racket Type : Yonex ArcSaber 10
    Specs : 3UG4
    Strings: Yonex Nanogy98 ( Supplied )
    Tension: 30lbs , 1 Piece Stringing
    Stringing Machine : Yonex ESPRO
    Grip: Original Grip
    Technology : CS Carbon Nanotube,Newly built in T-joint,Super HMG (High Modulus Graphite), Ultra PEF (Polyethylene Fibers)
    Shuttle Used: Yonex Official and Yonex Tournament

First Impression:
    The technology behind this racket is definitely a much improved version of the ArcSaber7. I would say Arcsaber 10 is on a class of its own. However the color itself is not as striking. Itís a disappointment for me as I would expect this racket will cause fear to the opponents by just a look at it. But then still water runís deep. It may look tame but the Arcsaber10 is definitely a dangerous weapon for those who use it. And at the same time people might get used to the racket color as time goes by. This is also proven when the Nanospeed9000 color way came out, it look funny and weird but after a while many love this racket just by the looks itself. So I guess it will be the same for the Arcsaber 10. If i were to give a nickname to this racket i would call it Black Magic. The name enough might strike fear to your opponent.

Stringing Impression:
    Based on the facts and technology that I have about this racket. I have no fear in stringing this racket at high tension. But since my usual tension is at 30lbs, I find that itís a no sweat stringing this piece of racket. If itís a 2U it would be much easier. Racket head and frame had slight movement when pulled but I guess its common for all rackets but I would say that Its even more stable than stringing a Armortec 700. With a good support of the World best stringing Machine ESPRO make the job easier.

Warm Ups:
    I like the weight of this piece of technology. The racket does feel stiffer than the Arcsaber 7. It does not vibrate as much. And the shuttle does looks that it bounce back faster once it touches the string bed during hitting. Controlling the shuttle on the net is much better and if those who are used to head heavy racket will not have any problem adapting to Arcsaber 10 in terms of net play. As for flat drives I may need to exert more wrist do have the best results. Slow smashes feel good and I didnít really exert much effort. Shuttle placements feel easy using this racket.

Game Time:

The speed of the shuttle released from this racket is fairly noticeable compare with the other rackets I used. Smash seems faster and in competitive playing speed does matter. Although Iím not really a front guy, using this racket does attract me in playing in the front. Shots deceptions are slightly easier when Iím receiving my opponentís serve. I am satisfy in the smashing power ability produced by Arcsaber 10 , but I do wish there were more Ommph in it. Maneuverability wise I found it is easier for me to change my gripping method from offense to defense and vise versa. Even flat push and drives was good, just that I have to push my wrist and thumb more to produce a little more power to counter my opponents flat drives. In terms or retrieving smashes, this racket does not disappoint me although I have to put more effort on it because at the same time it does allow me to control the shuttle while defending from smashes. I can feel the shaft bend to create the torque when defend and during smashes which are a good thing in badminton because it allows more power generated from the racket to the shuttle. If I were Fu Hai Feng, I might create another smash speed record with this racket.

Conclusion:

Arcsaber 10 is a racket that will appeal to vast range of players from amateurs and professionals alike. Many will appreciate its usability and adaptability. It has the all around performance from speed, power and control. If you are looking for more Power from this racket, I would suggest you to get a 2U version instead. Arcsaber 10 offers enough improvement over Arcsaber 7 to make an upgrade or racket switch justifiable. If you are looking for an upgrade, you might want to consider Arcbsaber 10. However the only factor that hinders someone in getting the racket is the PRICE. With the technology and materials used in making this Arcsaber 10 the results produced does satisfy my curiosity and I have no regret using this racket as one of my main racketÖ of course until a better one comes along.

I would rate this racket in terms of Feel, Control, Power and Defense. However it is based on my own test and review. It may vary depending on the player, tension and what string you use.

Feel: 9.5/10
    Control: 9.5/10
    Power: 9/10
    Defense: 8.5/10
    Maneuverability: 8.5/10

Pros : All around racket, Good control.
    Cons: Lack of Defense, Price and looks

Suitability : Intermediate/Advance. Singles/Doubles racket

Ants

Does this new racket actually have the "Power Armor System"? Some sites mention it but the official ones don't say it on the pictures,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting my Arc10 next week !! Wahahahhaha. Will give my own taste as soon as I test it enough. =p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can pre-order the ArcSaber10 JP at shuttle-house.. for 25200 yen, which is around the same price for MP90 and AT900P/T. http://shuttle-house.com/new-cgi/pag...k=YO&hid=ARC10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YinLoung View Post
    I'm getting my Arc10 next week !! Wahahahhaha. Will give my own taste as soon as I test it enough. =p
    dont forget to spread some hot chilli before using

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the arcsaber 10 have the power armor system? Or Not?

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...roducts_id=455

The one above says it does

http://www.yonex.com/badminton/racquets/arcsaber.html

This one(official) above doesn't say it does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
    Does this new racket actually have the "Power Armor System"? Some sites mention it but the official ones don't say it on the pictures,
    Just follow the Yonex Website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah! Seiko-Sports is allowing people to pre-order the arc10 for only 19000yen.. i think that's about 168USD or so.
    http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/seiko-spo/arc10.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Woah! Seiko-Sports is allowing people to pre-order the arc10 for only 19000yen.. i think that's about 168USD or so.
    http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/seiko-spo/arc10.html
    Can you tell me where you got the exchange rate? According to the current market rate, it is $178 USD. Also credit card company charge you between 1~3% process fee for exchanging currency. On top of that, what is the s/h cost? One last thing, does Seiko ship oversea? It is $180 just on the racquet cost alone. Also, US and CAN office has the racquet in the warehouse and ready to ship to the dealers. Local office is just waiting for 3/1 AE before shipping out. You will have to wait for 1 or 2 weeks before you get it if you buy from Seiko (ShuttleHouse might be faster). Yonex is really tight on shipping date this time for some reason. So pre-order where you can. Also, you will get one if you pre order. I am expecting some shortage for the initial month.

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Can you tell me where you got the exchange rate? According to the current market rate, it is $178 USD. Also credit card company charge you between 1~3% process fee for exchanging currency. On top of that, what is the s/h cost? One last thing, does Seiko ship oversea? It is $180 just on the racquet cost alone. Also, US and CAN office has the racquet in the warehouse and ready to ship to the dealers. Local office is just waiting for 3/1 AE before shipping out. You will have to wait for 1 or 2 weeks before you get it if you buy from Seiko (ShuttleHouse might be faster). Yonex is really tight on shipping date this time for some reason. So pre-order where you can. Also, you will get one if you pre order. I am expecting some shortage for the initial month.

Good luck
    I see your point sir.
    The last time I checked the currency exchange rate, it was 113yen/1USD. I know it's different every now and then. I checked just now, and I figured out that they dont ship overseas according to their site .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    I see your point sir.
    The last time I checked the currency exchange rate, it was 113yen/1USD. I know it's different every now and then. I checked just now, and I figured out that they dont ship overseas according to their site .
    u will never get the exchange rate u see on the net, those are for billion $ transactions. Paypal and credit cards companies will make their cuts.

Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 67 ... LastLast