User Tag List

Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 75 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Hahaha, some of you guys are hilarious. One unfavourable review by oldhand and you're jumping ship already. Remember, this is his opinion. Do you guys know his playing style, how hard he hits? Until you get the hardware in your hands, you won't know if it's suitable for you. As for those who must have the latest and the (supposedly) best, ...gawd

your saying Im jumping ships because i decided to stay with my old racket? and that not making a $250+ investment that is probably 80% marketing is not jumping ships???

(yeah im also in a bad mood because i cracked one of my ns9000s today and lol...Im not going to buy a arc10 thought :P)

and going back to topic, would u recommend this racket to someone? that is a good question, and why?
    Last edited by martin8768; 03-04-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by martin8768 View Post
    your saying Im jumping ships because i decided to stay with my old racket? and that not making a $250+ investment that is probably 80% marketing is not jumping ships???

(yeah im also in a bad mood because i cracked one of my ns9000s today and lol...Im not going to buy a arc10 thought :P)

and going back to topic, would u recommend this racket to someone? that is a good question, and why?
    You can't blame him b/c there are currently lots of people jumping off the Laffs and Sens bandwagon in Ontario. Just j/k...

So far, I have broken 1 NS9000X (warranty covered), and 1 Arc7... I know how it feels...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by martin8768 View Post

What I'm saying is that people shouldn't be lemmings and be reliant on others to make their decisions for them. The review by oldhand is exactly what it is, his review. To him, it doesn't feel right. To you or someone else... who knows. As advocated my many (including myself) the best way is to try it out first. Then you'll know if it suits you. Case in point is when the ArcSaber 7 came out, sure I was curious. Some people I knew swore by it. So I tried it, found it wasn't my cuppa and stuck with my trusted NS9000X. Not that I wanted to buy an Arc Saber 7.

In the end you buy a racket to help improve your game, not because it's the latest and greatest thing out there or it looks good on you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Yep, one-piece looks 'cleaner' because there are almost no overlapping of the string around the frame, and there are only two knots too.. Well, that's the reasoning from the shopkeeper of shuttle-house. Hmm.. the performance shouldnt really change significantly between the two stringing methods..
    Isn't it true that with one-piece stringing the mains will be looser and there's a higher possibility that the frame will deform?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaranai View Post
    Isn't it true that with one-piece stringing the mains will be looser and there's a higher possibility that the frame will deform?
    Yes and true. But... most pros (99.978%) will string with one-piece...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKChua View Post
    Yes and true. But... most pros (99.978%) will string with one-piece...
    it's ok for them because all of them are sponsored by Yonex and other brands.. so if ever the racquet break or deformed, they will just get another batch from shop.. easy....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kclint View Post
    it's ok for them because all of them are sponsored by Yonex and other brands.. so if ever the racquet break or deformed, they will just get another batch from shop.. easy....
    I have been stringing with one piece at tension of 26 x 26 or 28 x 28LBS. Have not break any rackets so far.

Just make sure that the stringer himself is also a badminton player....

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 piece gives better tension holding, because not many knot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another Pics of ARC 10

I really like the color of the racket.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea, but it seems like that in Japan, one-piece stringing is the most commonly used stringing method. I do understand the concept that the mains will be looser, but aren't the mains already supposed to be looser than the crossses by 2lbs ? I dont quite like two-piece stringing right now. All my racquets which were restrung with two-piece stringing seems to have a narrower and longer frame. Or maybe it's just the stringer's problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    I have no idea, but it seems like that in Japan, one-piece stringing is the most commonly used stringing method. I do understand the concept that the mains will be looser, but aren't the mains already supposed to be looser than the crossses by 2lbs ? I dont quite like two-piece stringing right now. All my racquets which were restrung with two-piece stringing seems to have a narrower and longer frame. Or maybe it's just the stringer's problem.
    Obviously the stringer problem, they probably either pull your racket too long when they put on the machine or they add too much tension on the cross string. I string racket by myself and I can't wait to get ArcSaber 10 on my hand. I'm waiting it to come out in TH version and ask my friend to buy it for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread is about the Yonex Arc Saber 10.
    Take the stringing debate elsewhere, please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ArcSaber 10 has arrived here in KK, Sabah... the price was RM 849 = USD 240 (roughly)... far too expensive beyond my reach... sigh.. but i was surprised to find it had arrived here already, kinda early... normally it would take a few months for new rackets to arrive...

was surprised by the redness of it... hehe... but nice racket....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
    I'm going to stick with my armortec 900T, but I might upgrade from a 4u UK code to a 3U jp code.
    m yoda - i did exactly the same (well, almost...mine're 4U TH), but ended up selling off the 3U JP after using it twice. messed up the timing of my shots completely.

does anyone know if anyone in AE08 using the Arcsaber10? Gao Ling's normally very adventurous with new racquets...

and does anyone know when this racquet will be available at shops in BKK? going there in july...considering swapping my AT900Ts for this new kid on the block! (so to speak)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=mcchooi;805137]m yoda - i did exactly the same (well, almost...mine're 4U TH), but ended up selling off the 3U JP after using it twice. messed up the timing of my shots completely.

I have actually decided against getting the Armortec 900 3U jp, I think I just like to buy something new because makes me feel good. I'm doing fine with my 4u uk.

How Was the jp different?

Mcchooi - what kinda standard are you. Plus age and whats your power like(are you double strong)? etc.

Got any 900T jp left?
    Last edited by Master Yoda; 03-05-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Initial Thoughts

Used it today to play Singles.

Didn't really feel there is much difference between AS7 and AS10 to be honest. It was strung at 24x26 lbs with NBG 98. Will probably do a full review after using it for a couple more times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3U > 4U!! =)

I'll have to have to see when I get my racket. 25.5/27.5 via NGB98 yeehah!! That's only on my ARC7, ARC10 will most likely be the same.

Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 75 ... LastLast