User Tag List

Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Arc Saber 10

Hi foo.tw,
    No surprising to get such feedback. Well, different players/different users sure have different comments,correct? Anyway, if u intend to buy, then u r the most important person who should be evaluating AS 10. Yr own assessment and feeling is vital in this case.
    Any person who have used Arc Saber 10 2U G5 can provide a feedback, please. Thanks in advanced.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by foo.tw View Post
    I don't have valid statement on that forum. I am considering buying one and was searching for users' statements. Feedbacks from users are quite different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKChua View Post
    Actually... I was quite hesitant the day before. But... last night (11/03/2008), my partner smashed my racket instead of the birdie, breaking the frame of my AT-700 (Old Model) completely. He was using the old MP-23 and his racket was intact after the clash. Damn!.

I am currently left with only one AT-700 (Old Model).

I know Arc Saber is not going to be as powerful as my AT-700. But... I don't like the new AT-700. I tested the Arc Saber and was pretty happy with the feel.

Will try to wield the 'Tu Long Dao'...

Thanks.
    Lol. I think it is fated that you need to buy the racket!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by foo.tw View Post
    I searched some Chinese forums. A member's explaination of the " lack of power" for ARC10 is interesting to me, and I think it reasonable. He said that the new materials made this thing with super high recovery ability at high enegy. With about 25lbs, it might be a very good one. But if you normally play with about 28lbs or more, it becomes superb.

I thought ARC 7 lack of power because I tried my friend's with 24lbs.
    Maybe I would have thought differently with 27lbs or more.

Maybe we shouldn't make any assertion before trying the racket with high tension. the new material changes things.

So in simple words, ArcSaber 10 produces greater power at higher tension. Is that wat u meant???....if that is true, it could be a revolutionary move by Yonex.....cos this might let players not have to compromise between power n control....at the high tension, u get both power and control.........

P.S....my concept is that normally at high tension, u get more control and limited power......at low tension, u get limited control and more power.....do correct me if i'm wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    So in simple words, ArcSaber 10 produces greater power at higher tension. Is that wat u meant???....if that is true, it could be a revolutionary move by Yonex.....cos this might let players not have to compromise between power n control....at the high tension, u get both power and control.........

P.S....my concept is that normally at high tension, u get more control and limited power......at low tension, u get limited control and more power.....do correct me if i'm wrong...
    At low tension, the repulsion is mainly from the strings. The impact on the string will result a greater reaction from the strings than from the frame or shaft.

At high tension, the repulsion is mainly from the frame and shaft. The only problem is whether if one can wield the 'Tu Long Dao' at high tension.

I got my racket. After swinging it for a while, I found that it is much swifter than AT-700. I really have to bear in mind not to over exert my strength, cause I may over swing. Certainly not as head heavy as AT-700. The shaft is also stiffer compare to AT-700 (when it is new). After smashing for 2 - 3 months, the AT-700 become quite flexible. Just hope that this darn 'Tu Long Dao' will be slightly more flexible after a couple of months.

The feel is good. I am quite certain that the smashes it produces should not be that bad.

I had strung my 'Tu Long Dao' at my usual 28 LBS (instead of 25LBS planned earlier) with BG66, one piece stringing. I really don't like the grip, so I added an overgrip...

Well... looking at this darn 'Tu Long Dao' is like the first impression of a newly known girlfriend. You never know how will she response to your 'advances' and bad habits...

Off course she may be too good for me...

Thanks.
    Last edited by HKChua; 03-13-2008 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post

The "control" at high tensions comes because of the lack of a trampoline effect; one can find it easier to gauge how much effort will produce a certain amount of "bounce". The "power" generated at high tensions comes from the player's ability to make the stringbed flex. A stiffer stringbed requires more force to flex, but will respond with greater repulsion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So from I read so far, I plan to string it to 27x30 and see if it works well. However, my machine is not that good on the side support since it is the Eagnas Easy-3 with small 4 side support with a hold down screw. So when pulling the main I really need to be careful not to break my new beloved Arc10. Well, I need to ragain my stamina soon to pull out new Arc10 potential

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's always the same, year in year out...

5 people say it's the best ever, nothing happens
    3 say it's just mediocre, and it's because of "too low tensions" or the wrong weight, or the wrong countrycode, or whatever...

the exact same as last year...everybody who loved a at900, fine.. Everybody who wasn't impressed got 8 questions about the weight, grip, string, stringer, stringingpattern, it never ends...

It amazes me to no end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    it's always the same, year in year out...

5 people say it's the best ever, nothing happens
    3 say it's just mediocre, and it's because of "too low tensions" or the wrong weight, or the wrong countrycode, or whatever...

the exact same as last year...everybody who loved a at900, fine.. Everybody who wasn't impressed got 8 questions about the weight, grip, string, stringer, stringingpattern, it never ends...

It amazes me to no end
    I wasn't around when the AT900 came out, but I like your comment.

hee... the new racquet must be good, if not, it must be user error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKChua View Post
    At low tension, the repulsion is mainly from the strings. The impact on the string will result a greater reaction from the strings than from the frame or shaft.

At high tension, the repulsion is mainly from the frame and shaft. The only problem is whether if one can wield the 'Tu Long Dao' at high tension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    The "control" at high tensions comes because of the lack of a trampoline effect; one can find it easier to gauge how much effort will produce a certain amount of "bounce". The "power" generated at high tensions comes from the player's ability to make the stringbed flex. A stiffer stringbed requires more force to flex, but will respond with greater repulsion.
    I see..thks for the clarification....i'm not familiar with the mechanics part...

anyway, seems like this racket will only work well at high tensions...or maybe everyone who reviewed this racket so far have been using high tensions for their other rackets as well, and as a result can't seem to like the racket at medium level tensions....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

?????

If you hit it hard enough.. (like a normal power smash)
    No matter the string tension, the frame should be pull
    hard enough to produce bouncing effect as YY intented
    to make us believe!

Besides, the factory spec says max string tention is 25lbs
    for a 3U racket!

But I guess different people would hit the birdie at
    different velocity and angle so that may effect the feel, and to choose a different rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Sorry, it is Arc 10 review page....

Will get one Next week (JP version lal)...

But I read some review @ a Chinese Badminton
    forum said not to powerful....

Worth a try though..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I'll have my JP Arc 10s plus a bunch of other things and a 200 page Yonex catalog tommorow ^.^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thursday practice!!

Played last night and i think it was probably the best I had played with my new racket. Touch and smashing was really good but whips and hard drives were alot better. However, although I love playing with my new racket i would have to say this was not the highligh as an ex-england badminton player came down to my club night! He hadnt picked up a racket for 2 years due to a knee operation and is now in his early 40's but in all honestly he was bloody amazing. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had playing badminton and it was a complete lesson!! Cant wait till tuesday as he is going to play in a match for us!! It should be quite funny!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My first opinion on ArcSaber 10

Racket Type : Yonex ArcSaber 10 2UG5
    Strings: Yonex Nanogy98 at 24/26 lbs
    Grip: Two over grip over Original Grip
    Shuttle used for the review: RSL Feather and Black Night Plastic

My other racquets: Ti10 Long 2UG4, MP 99 3UG4

Purchased along with the ArcSaber 10, AT 900P 3UG4 and the new colour scheme Ti10 3UG4 (not the yellow or purple, there is a new one out there now) So I feel this review is unique since I used the ArcSaber, AT900P and Ti10 for the first time they are all strung with the same string and tension

First impressing the ArcSaber 10

Compared to my old Ti-10 it certainly had an overall lighter feel, found it easier to swing, wrapped on two layers over grip and took it in to play.

Warm up time the ArcSaber have a solid feel in my hands and the forehand clears were certainly reach far back with less effort that usual, my backhand clear was more or less the same that I achieve with my other racquets. It felt easier swing around on the court

During game time I was surprised to smash sharper and closer to the net which I am sure with my other racquets would have be caught on the net, I noticed the surprised look on the opponents face as well since they failed to return. I was able to move the racquet around from offensive to defensive mode comfortably.

Now for the next game I picked AT900P and noticed the brute force power for the smash and being able to clear forehand and backhand was much better than ArcSaber 10, I feel the same with the new Ti-10 very difficult to choose between the new Ti-10 and AT900P

So to conclude I would say the ArcSaber 10 is a good overall racquet and will continue to use it and hope to get better adapted with it over time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bmsupport View Post
    new colour scheme Ti10 3UG4 (not the yellow or purple, there is a new one out there now)
    what? Got new colour scheme for Ti-10 again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What color is it and can i see some pictures. Please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast