User Tag List

Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played a bit with the ARC10 today, it's faster defensively than my ARC7, but it could be because my ARC7 is 2UG5 and ARC10 is 3UG5... Feel pretty comfortable playing with it, I think I'll stick with the ARC10 for awhile as it's a pretty well rounded racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    You can get a fake now for 99cents:

http://cgi.ebay.com/YONEX-ARCSABER-1...QQcmdZViewItem
    Its also $230 shipping. Lol!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the dimensions of the ArcSaber 10's X-section, width and height in mm, at the 12 o'clock, 1.30 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 5.30 o'clock, and 6 o'clock across the T joint? The width and height of these dimensions can tell you how maneuverable and fast a racquet is. If in addition to a slim x-section, it also has great power, then it can also give you an idea of the effective young's modulus of the materials used in the racquet. Effective young's modulus is seldom the same as the materials' young's modulus, due to the limitations of fiber/resin ratio mixture. For example the young's modulus of uhmg is extremely high, but it is rather low when used in badminton racquets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like someone did too much chemical engineering ...yeah its sad i actually understood what he said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Taneepak... that's some chemistry lesson. You know your thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see where you're going...except for how you calculate the effective youngs modulus...

I'm still a freshmen though

EDIT: so..who's willing to cut up an arc10 in the name of science?

Maybe Dink will test it, he'll break the shaft, send Eepak the rackethead

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    I can see where you're going...except for how you calculate the effective youngs modulus...

I'm still a freshmen though

EDIT: so..who's willing to cut up an arc10 in the name of science?

Maybe Dink will test it, he'll break the shaft, send Eepak the rackethead
    I don't believe you can cut up a racquet and tell what the fiber/resin ratio mix is. FYI uhmg to resin ratio mix is for all practical purpose very low. Hmg to resin ratio mix can be higher. That is why there are hmg racquets that have more power than uhmg.
    For a racquet to be very fast its x-section should have a width of less than 10.25mm all round the clock, including that of the T joint, and its height should be 10mm or slightly less.
    If the AT 900P or the ArcSaber 10 have these x-section dimensions then you have a winner; and you don't need any 2U or 3U because such a racquet with 4U or even less is incredibly powerful and fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to you, the answer can be found if someone measures the dimensions of the rackets...

Can anyone measure the dimensions? If possible, for both the ARC-10 and AT-900P? This would give us a comparison between 2 different types.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fengwei View Post
    So according to you, the answer can be found if someone measures the dimensions of the rackets...

Can anyone measure the dimensions? If possible, for both the ARC-10 and AT-900P? This would give us a comparison between 2 different types.
    Well, if they cannot meet these slim dimensions they can still be mighty powerful but will just not be so fast. From what I read about the speed of these two racquets it would appear that the ArcSaber is a more "skinny" racquet, provided they have comparable power.
    If the ArcSaber has slimmer dimensions than the AT900T or P but has comparable power, then the ATs are poorer performers, relatively speaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, true. Although I doubt that the ArcSaber has more power, when both are wielded by technically advanced players. Even then, I understand each player can get more power out of the racket which suites him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ar Dan View Post
    Here's a picture of the ARC10 with white BG80, will look even better with white grip.
    Ar Dan, thanks for the picture.

I want to get a Arc10 with NBG98, but dont know which color suits the red frame. Any suggestion or picture of Arc10 with gold or yellow string? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why don't you string it with red NBG98?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WWK207 View Post
    Ar Dan, thanks for the picture.

I want to get a Arc10 with NBG98, but dont know which color suits the red frame. Any suggestion or picture of Arc10 with gold or yellow string? Thanks
    Normally, I don't care about the colour. In fact... I still think that the colour will affect the performance. Just imagine mixing colour dye to the original material... though it don't affect much, it will change its molecular structure slightly, I say slightly...

I prefer using new strings. So... I normally get the stringer to string normal white (no colour?)...

Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have many owners of the AT900P and ArcSaber 10 here. How come no owner has come out with the x-section dimensions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I don't believe you can cut up a racquet and tell what the fiber/resin ratio mix is. FYI uhmg to resin ratio mix is for all practical purpose very low. Hmg to resin ratio mix can be higher. That is why there are hmg racquets that have more power than uhmg.
    For a racquet to be very fast its x-section should have a width of less than 10.25mm all round the clock, including that of the T joint, and its height should be 10mm or slightly less.
    If the AT 900P or the ArcSaber 10 have these x-section dimensions then you have a winner; and you don't need any 2U or 3U because such a racquet with 4U or even less is incredibly powerful and fast.
    I thought you'd want to cut up a racket to measure it's X-section...

I was joking

But, I can see where you're coming from..but aren't aero-framed rackets an exception to that "10,25mm rule" ?
    I have an aero-framed racket I love, but the x-section is bigger than usual.. about 12mm... to me, it hits bombs...

Now that we're on the subject, is the arc10 box-framed, or "delta-power"-framed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    I thought you'd want to cut up a racket to measure it's X-section...

I was joking

But, I can see where you're coming from..but aren't aero-framed rackets an exception to that "10,25mm rule" ?
    I have an aero-framed racket I love, but the x-section is bigger than usual.. about 12mm... to me, it hits bombs...

Now that we're on the subject, is the arc10 box-framed, or "delta-power"-framed?
    arc-10 is slightly toward aero-frame design and surprisingly it is quite a tough frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the ArcSaber 10 here a rip-off?

http://www.tenniszon.com/Produits/Ca...D=9&S=1&PTid=9

It's CA coded.

Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast