User Tag List

Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its priced quite high compared to other places on the internet...and you means its CD coded =]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magiadam View Post
    Is the ArcSaber 10 here a rip-off?

http://www.tenniszon.com/Produits/Ca...D=9&S=1&PTid=9

It's CA coded.
    You get a better deal at MaxSports. For your correction, it's CD coded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yeah, i forgot to mention Maxsports ..^___^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's quite pricy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    I thought you'd want to cut up a racket to measure it's X-section...

I was joking

But, I can see where you're coming from..but aren't aero-framed rackets an exception to that "10,25mm rule" ?
    I have an aero-framed racket I love, but the x-section is bigger than usual.. about 12mm... to me, it hits bombs...

Now that we're on the subject, is the arc10 box-framed, or "delta-power"-framed?
    For racquet speed the key is to have a design with dimensions that can cut through the air with the least air resistance. Size is more important than anything. The X-section of the frame (width and the height of the frame, and the surface area as well as the height or thickness of the T joint at the throat) determines how fast a racquet is. A 12mm width X-section with an aero shaped frame is just a a more slim (tapered) version of the box shape. Large sizes like 12mm are slow, even if it is aero shaped, and are used for structural integrity when less than the best materials are used. Large x-section are for power but at the cost of speed.
    But speed comes at a terrible price. If a racquet with an all round x-section of 10mm for both width and height can generate the same power as a 12mm x-section racquet, the former will be very much faster but it might cost ten times more! It (frame) also will be very, very stiff, even if the shaft is flexible, and only very good female payers and intermediate and advanced male players can get that extra sting out of the racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've personally studied a lot of aerodynamics, and chemical engineering, larger size doesn't always mean slower speed. Simple example of the A380 aircraft actually has much less resistance than older widebody jets which are much smaller in size.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In badminton racquets a wider frontal surface, which comes from the width of the x-section when you hold and swing the racquet at the back swing, and from the height of the x-section when the frame is changed to be frontal to the net, means more air resistance than a racquet with a smaller x-section, both width and height. The racquet with the larger x-section is like an auto or a plane with a wider frontal area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course given the material and shape is exactly the same, a larger x-section will result in higher drag. I guess thats the whole point of more expensive racquets, better aerodynamics, and materials. Which will reduce the surface drag, induced drag, parasitic drag, and form drag. This discussion is bringing up bad memories of lectures...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default all around racquet

Hi I just want to share to you my impression of arcsaber 10. My previous racquets were nano 8000, nano 9000x and s (unfortunately both my ns9000x and s had durability issues).

Up front, nano9000 series for me is the easiest racquet to use, best for quick attacks, and defensive blocks but it suffers from producing powerful smashes compared to nano8000 (whether bec. of my shot technique i dont know). When I started using arc10, I felt is was a little slow to use than nano9000 (even head design?) but what I appreciate alot is a very good control of shuttle. - by the way, I am using a nanogy 95 strung one piece at 26 lbs (which is my usual string and tension)

My slice and drop shots are more crisp and controlled. It seems that a nanogy string goes very well with arcsaber as I notice more repulsion of the shuttle during blocks as compared to a nano series racquets. The smashes that it can produce is similar with my nano8000 but more forgiving for mishits (wider sweet spot?).

Overall, as a serious recreational player arcsaber is a very good racquet... I am not sure for those amateur and professional players...

I pray that this is more durable than my ex- nano9000 x and s series. By the way, I got it from singapore and they gave me a very good price of only 278 singapore dollars with free nanogy 95 string, overgrip, case plus free stringing.

Hope my comments help, as ants and other reviews here greatly help me in my badminton questions

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magiadam View Post
    Is the ArcSaber 10 here a rip-off?

http://www.tenniszon.com/Produits/Ca...D=9&S=1&PTid=9

It's CA coded.
    Just because it is a Canadian store, it does not mean it is CA coded.
    Yes, for that price, I consider it is a rip-off even if it is CA coded

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    For a racquet to be very fast its x-section should have a width of less than 10.25mm all round the clock, including that of the T joint, and its height should be 10mm or slightly less.
    I want to correct a typo error here. The height should not be more than 6mm, not 10mm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone with the 2U ARC10 and 3U AT900P can they give a brief comparison of both rackets in power, control, feel...etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got a chance to swing this baby.
    I have the 3UG5 with AC133 grip. Strung at Ah Shum's recommendation: 24/26 with NBG98
    Took few swings in the warm up and I manage to hit the frame 2 times outta 3. (yeah, what a n00b). Couldn't even get the back hand clear to the back court at the 1st few attempts.
    Things really turn around after valleying for a while. The racket is head heavy, I would say even feels heavier than AT900. Surprisingly, the racket is easy to maneuver and recovery is fast.

Comes game time. (single game) The feel is solid. Forehand clear and overhead clear are effortless and accurate. Took me some extra time to adjust backhand timing tho. Drop shot and net shot were easy and fairly accurate. I made significantly less errors during the games played today. I would say that the control on this racket is very good.

Smash is accurate and I would say the power I can generate from this racket is somewhere between AT900 and NS9000, very close to AT900. For sure it is more powerful than the Arc7 tho. I think it depends on your technique. I tried to use wrist mostly to generate power for a few shots, but it was difficult for me on this racket for some reason. Combined with more from arm, the power is pretty decent.

I am a beginner so yeah, this is just my opinion. It is a pretty good single racket for my level. I don't konw about playing in double and I may get to try on Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn_123 View Post
    Ah I see, do you have a NS9k S or X? I was wondering if you had the X could you do a comparision with the ARC10 and the NS9k X.
    I will try my best here... but I am no pro, so...

I feel that the X is stiffer than the Arc10. Most significant difference is that I feel more vibration with the 9000X when hitting the bird (if someone knows what I mean and can rephase this using correct terms to be understood, that would be great).

Oh, and swing speed or recovery (esp the moment I lift up the racket and ready to strike the bird), the NS9000X or S is for sure faster. NS9000 feels much lighter too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSN04 View Post
    I will try my best here... but I am no pro, so...

I feel that the X is stiffer than the Arc10. Most significant difference is that I feel more vibration with the 9000X when hitting the bird (if someone knows what I mean and can rephase this using correct terms to be understood, that would be great).

Oh, and swing speed or recovery (esp the moment I lift up the racket and ready to strike the bird), the NS9000X or S is for sure faster. NS9000 feels much lighter too.
    Vibrations mean some power is lost in hitting the shuttle-some energy has been absorbed by the racquet/felt by the hand instead of being used to propel the shuttle.
    You sure that the NS9000X is faster? NS9000X does not have a slender x-section and would not be a fast racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Vibrations mean some power is lost in hitting the shuttle-some energy has been absorbed by the racquet/felt by the hand instead of being used to propel the shuttle.
    You sure that the NS9000X is faster? NS9000X does not have a slender x-section and would not be a fast racquet.
    yup nano9000x and s (including ns8000) are definitely faster racquets (i have been playing with these racquets for 2 years already) I do agree with the observation that there is more vibration noted in nano series racquets than in arcsaber 10. And the explanation that vibration results in energy loss do make sense to me since eventhough ns9000x are faster racquet it seem I can deliver more powerful stroke with arcsaber 10.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, the vibration difference (ARC10 vs NS9000-s both have about same shaft stiffness) is caused by the new T-Jint. ARC7 and ARC10 uses plastic T-Joint and it is bigger. It takes some vib off smash and miss hit. From my experiance with ARC7, it does increase stability for smash and clear. Also it does not take out too much of touch feeling on the net shots and slice.
    I am still waiting for my ARC10 from the evil empire.

Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast