User Tag List

Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 919 to 935 of 1441
  1. #919
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpendorK View Post
    Don't be , he's just a new member.
    He created a new account because he wanted to be sarcastic while not affecting his existing account. A new member will not be so daring to be so sarcastic, negative remarks will only invite negative results. Instead of being constructive, he is telling you to add 2kg on the frame!!

    I don't see any reason why people cannot add lead tapes on the frame. I have been playing badminton for these number of years (approx. 30 years), I really cannot comprehend the rationale behind.

    Thanks.

  2. #920
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    ha ha,maybe the new member is yonex messenger who affraid that people wont buy new yonex racket,but just modified the existing racket become what we want.cause this modification really2 interisting.Even I put golf lead tape which one heavier than tennis lead tape on my nanospeed 8000.

    if every people can modified nano 8000 became arc saber 10,maybe more powerfull than arc saber 10, why do people should buy arc saber 10?,only for solid feel?,I think it dooesnt to important,nano 8000 already had sold feeling to,even arc saber feel nicer than nano 8000

    I mean this modification can make Y.... profit goes down,if everybody know about this,thats why i always keep telling Hansip dont tell to anybody about this modification,except people that u already known well.

    ha2 interisting isnt it ??
    armortec 800 defense can become 800 off
    iso swing power ss can become sx
    even sx can become ss


  3. #921
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kristian View Post
    ...
    I mean this modification can make Y.... profit goes down,if everybody know about this,thats why i always keep telling Hansip dont tell to anybody about this modification,except people that u already known well...
    Arc Saber 10 offers more than just something similar. The frame of Arc Saber 10 is very stable and strong (touch wood!). The paint work seems excellent too; it don't chip off so easily.

    This Tuesday evening, I have a minor clash because my new partner cut into my path, snatching my shuttle. I pulled back my Arc Saber but... the clash was still unavoidable... I was pretty surprised. I heard the metal clashing sound, and you can feel that you are having a strong racket (don't test it please! ). The entire racket was intact; no chip off at all.

    Thanks.

  4. #922
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Chua, racquets that can withstand clashes are not necessarily the best racquets. Actually the best racquets using the best materials will not sell, simply because they will shatter from even minor clashes. Racquets are marketing compromises. Racquets that use the raw materials kevlar and hmg can withstand clashes better than others. The trick is to make a kevlar/hmg material racquet with high playability-it is not easy because you have to try out various kevlar/hmg/uhmg/epoxy resin matrix. At best you can make a good kevlar racquet but not a great one.

  5. #923
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKChua View Post
    Arc Saber 10 offers more than just something similar. The frame of Arc Saber 10 is very stable and strong (touch wood!). The paint work seems excellent too; it don't chip off so easily.

    This Tuesday evening, I have a minor clash because my new partner cut into my path, snatching my shuttle. I pulled back my Arc Saber but... the clash was still unavoidable... I was pretty surprised. I heard the metal clashing sound, and you can feel that you are having a strong racket (don't test it please! ). The entire racket was intact; no chip off at all.

    Thanks.
    It may shock you, the fancy paintwork in your racquet is cosmetic and contributes nothing to a racquet's playability. In fact it adds unnecessary weight in the form of a coating of paint instead of more of the raw material matrix. It also forms a non-homogeneous bond with the frame, resulting in a loss of tactile feel. If you can strip all the paint, undercoat and polish off your racquet, down to its "off-the-mold" state, you will get back that tactile feel with every shot.

  6. #924
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    It may shock you, the fancy paintwork in your racquet is cosmetic and contributes nothing to a racquet's playability. In fact it adds unnecessary weight in the form of a coating of paint instead of more of the raw material matrix. It also forms a non-homogeneous bond with the frame, resulting in a loss of tactile feel. If you can strip all the paint, undercoat and polish off your racquet, down to its "off-the-mold" state, you will get back that tactile feel with every shot.
    Well... I can agree with such technicalities.

    Thanks.

  7. #925
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kristian View Post

    I mean this modification can make Y.... profit goes down,if everybody know about this,thats why i always keep telling Hansip dont tell to anybody about this modification,except people that u already known well.

    ha2 interisting isnt it ??
    armortec 800 defense can become 800 off
    iso swing power ss can become sx
    even sx can become ss

    Hi kris. I am actually being a good guy here.
    Just want to share my problem and let people who has the same problem aware of the alternative solution. But some people are getting the message differently.

    Basically if I have more money I will buy a 2U Arch 10, I pretty much confidence that it will be better of for offense. May be next year.
    BTW now with little bit of experience I am very much satisfied.
    Before, when I switch from Arch to Ti, I felt my Ti is much better.
    Now when I switch, I felt my arch is better than Ti-10.

  8. #926
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    It may shock you, the fancy paintwork in your racquet is cosmetic and contributes nothing to a racquet's playability. In fact it adds unnecessary weight in the form of a coating of paint instead of more of the raw material matrix. It also forms a non-homogeneous bond with the frame, resulting in a loss of tactile feel. If you can strip all the paint, undercoat and polish off your racquet, down to its "off-the-mold" state, you will get back that tactile feel with every shot.
    taneepak, for all you know, I might take you up on this

    Perhaps I will sand off all the paint on my ArcSaber 10 and see how it feels

  9. #927
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    taneepak, for all you know, I might take you up on this

    Perhaps I will sand off all the paint on my ArcSaber 10 and see how it feels
    Well... well....

  10. #928
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h4n5ip View Post
    Hi kris. I am actually being a good guy here.
    Just want to share my problem and let people who has the same problem aware of the alternative solution. But some people are getting the message differently.

    Basically if I have more money I will buy a 2U Arch 10, I pretty much confidence that it will be better of for offense. May be next year.
    BTW now with little bit of experience I am very much satisfied.
    Before, when I switch from Arch to Ti, I felt my Ti is much better.
    Now when I switch, I felt my arch is better than Ti-10.
    next year arc saber-700 already launch by YY

  11. #929
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down

    By the time, if the arcsaber-700 really launch.

    Then, you guy will complaint head too heavy. Defence very slow. Caused your arm painful.

    After that, try to do some stupid thing to make it head light back.

    At the end, hope that Yonex come out ArcNano 8000 with is head light balance.



    Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    next year arc saber-700 already launch by YY

  12. #930
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    B.Gombak- Singapore
    Posts
    1,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njoylife View Post
    By the time, if the arcsaber-700 really launch.

    Then, you guy will complaint head too heavy. Defence very slow. Caused your arm painful.

    After that, try to do some stupid thing to make it head light back.

    At the end, hope that Yonex come out ArcNano 8000 with is head light balance.

    Hope you enjoy your life.

  13. #931
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, I agree with HKChua, I already had a couple of racquet hits with arc10 and I was surprise that it didnt suffer a paint chip at all. It is in contrast with my nano9000 with which I broke two of them already from a minor racquet clash. I truly feel that there was something really wrong with the quality of nano9000 racquets. Arcsaber series is a Yonex coming back to its tradition of quality and durable racquets. My friends keep reminding me how powerful and durable their ti and muscle power series racquets as compared to the newer yonex and carlton racquets. Despite what Taneepaks said my idea of a very good racquet is something that would improve my badminton game without me buying a new one every couple of months.

  14. #932
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njoylife View Post
    By the time, if the arcsaber-700 really launch.

    Then, you guy will complaint head too heavy. Defence very slow. Caused your arm painful.

    After that, try to do some stupid thing to make it head light back.

    At the end, hope that Yonex come out ArcNano 8000 with is head light balance.
    That's what we called customers' needs/wants.
    I think that what Y*** wanted also, to fulfill and satisfied their customers' needs/wants.
    I think if there's no needs/wants we are still using the same name and technology from time to time.

    Grown up man.

  15. #933
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you want a head heavy ARC10, you can easily take off the original grip and use a tennis overgrip.( use the entire grip, don't cut it short)

    Someone said that BG66 suits ARC10. After trying that, I agree with it.
    BG66 provid more solid feel on impact over BG80.
    I didn't like BG66 on my other rackets at all.
    But with ARC10, they match each other.

  16. #934
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    B.Gombak- Singapore
    Posts
    1,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    taneepak, for all you know, I might take you up on this

    Perhaps I will sand off all the paint on my ArcSaber 10 and see how it feels
    After sand off =


  17. #935
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    B.Gombak- Singapore
    Posts
    1,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foo.tw View Post
    If you want a head heavy ARC10, you can easily take off the original grip and use a tennis overgrip.( use the entire grip, don't cut it short)

    Someone said that BG66 suits ARC10. After trying that, I agree with it.
    BG66 provid more solid feel on impact over BG80.
    I didn't like BG66 on my other rackets at all.
    But with ARC10, they match each other.

    Does anyone try with NBG98 ?

Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review
    By ants in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2027
    : 05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
  2. Yonex ArcSaber 8 DX Review :D
    By Deathblader in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 13
    : 11-25-2010, 06:22 PM
  3. Yonex ArcSaber 9 Review
    By silentheart in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 53
    : 07-16-2010, 07:36 PM
  4. My Review: Yonex ArcSaber 9 vs. Ti-10 (3rd Gen.)
    By magiadam in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 6
    : 11-03-2008, 03:48 AM
  5. Yonex ArcSaber 10's personal review from other person
    By ThinkRiver in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 02-23-2008, 05:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •