User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    It seems that the US welcomes changes, as a result of which Obama is still in the running, even against "very powerful" fellow Democrat Hilary!

But for you Mr Madbad, it is unlikely that you can change much of your prediction. You almost covered everything and leave nothing to change!
    Uncle Loh, sharp as always. I will whittle down my large list to a winner and dark horse prior to the AE. More fun picking the Dark Horse, me thinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah, you're wrong, well in my case at least.
    i'm more interested in the results of the MD competition, i think the standard here is very even amongst the top few pairs in the world.

for MS, i find it hard to see anyone stopping LD or LCW, providing they are not injured.

TH is always a possibility, PG has been faltering lately (if i were to choose a candidate from DEN i'd pick KJ). BCL, CJ, CH and CY have been off the boil. LHI is a good shout, he's proven that he can do well even with unbiased judges (in the MO). anyone else is an unlikely outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by xlasher View Post
    In this kind of sport, MS is always the most attention grabbed. Like tennis!!!

I support TH for his last AE championship...hopefully all the way that he will go is smooth no hard opponent...I really want to see TH hold his first and last gold medal....

I believe everyone want to be a champion here but you know what....
    TH really deserves it....How beautiful it is if he can be a champion here.....

No doubt... it will be very hard.... I'm really curious how he prepares himself this month and will show us a surprise that we didn't see in the past year.

MD : 4 highset world rank will be the big candidate...
    WD, MS : China will win it for sure (I've thought about tine rasmussen and korean WD)

XD : China, INA (Big chances on INA)---> May be Korean pair can make it!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    You need to take more risk my friend.

In your last PAW, you were among those with very few losses, yet you failed to make it to the podium or even among the top 10 I believe. That is because you have been too cautious.

With our new scoring system, you need to attack more man! Being an all- rounder seems more secure, but if you play safe mostly, then you many not last the incessant attacks from your opponent!
    You are very observant Loh Yes, success ratio was 26/28. The KO SS was my first real PAW contest. When u pass me, maybe I'll follow your strategy
    Last edited by cooler; 02-13-2008 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always, INA's chances will come from either MD or XD, with a slim chance on MS.

Curiously enough, Kido/Hendra fail to reach even QF in the past 2 AEs, while Nova/Butet also fail to reach the Finals, beaten twice in the SFs (to Laybourn/Rytter-Juhl and then Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms).

I have a feeling Taufik might surprise us, but, Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei should be the obvious favorites, and throw in Lee Hyun Il and perhaps Peter Gade as dark-horses as well.

The MDs should be a fight between Fu/Cai, Kido/Hendra, Koo/Tan and the veteran pairs of Tony/Candra, Paaske/Rasmussen or Choong/Lee.

My hope is of course for Kido/Hendra (and Nova/Butet) to win the All-England this year to add to their World Championships crown last year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw the topic, thought it would be about girls...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    As always, INA's chances will come from either MD or XD, with a slim chance on MS.

Curiously enough, Kido/Hendra fail to reach even QF in the past 2 AEs, while Nova/Butet also fail to reach the Finals, beaten twice in the SFs (to Laybourn/Rytter-Juhl and then Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms).

I have a feeling Taufik might surprise us, but, Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei should be the obvious favorites, and throw in Lee Hyun Il and perhaps Peter Gade as dark-horses as well.

The MDs should be a fight between Fu/Cai, Kido/Hendra, Koo/Tan and the veteran pairs of Tony/Candra, Paaske/Rasmussen or Choong/Lee.

My hope is of course for Kido/Hendra (and Nova/Butet) to win the All-England this year to add to their World Championships crown last year!
    We actually haven't seen Taufik in action for quite a while, unless Taufik trains extra hard else I don't see him making any impact in this tournament. We somehow still living in the past treasuring Tuafik victories and at some point it becomes "virtualization" that reality as his past achievement will not guarantee his future success(more like stock market ) Simply, we need to wake up
    Is quite obvious, Lin Dan is the one most probably will win, Chong Wei may come close but I don't see it happen if these 2 actually meet in the final.
    Now, we really need Li Mao to create upset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    I hope he does else I would have the biggest last laugh on you.
    I don't need to worry -- LD will be worrying.
    then I would laugh on you if LCW can't reach at least SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For men's singles, I want to see either LCW or TH to lift their first AE title. But based on the history, CHN has been doing well in AE. Watch out for LD and BCL. LHI and PG are also the title contenders.

For men's doubles, KKK/TBH are having an uphill task to defend their title here. MK/HS and FHF/CY are the favorites. Don't forget the oldies like TG/CW, JE/MLH, LP/JR and CTF/LWW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am delighted to hear in the Press today that LCW wants to ensure that he will be in the AE Finals this year. It is about time that he exercises his right on this title. Misbun, the coach said LCW is now a more nature person to tackle the AE, so who am I to question that ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am delighted to hear in the Press today that LCW wants to ensure that he will be in the AE Finals this year. It is about time that he exercises his right on this title. Misbun, the coach said LCW is now a more nature person to tackle the AE, so who am I to question that ?
    Action speaks louder than words, when Chong Wei actually brings the AE title home then we can start to celebrate ... Don't under-estimate the Chinese Army as they usually play very well in AE, the draw will determine Chong Wei's fate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Action speaks louder than words, when Chong Wei actually brings the AE title home then we can start to celebrate ... Don't under-estimate the Chinese Army as they usually play very well in AE, the draw will determine Chong Wei's fate.
    Yes agree - the chinese army is always intimidating - they have collective strengths. LCW needs to have a bit of luck (e.g. some of the other players knocking off the other Chinese players). But he is in good form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LD is the man to beat, he is more fire-up after Korea open. LCW is good but not as good as LD. LHI is not there yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yyclub View Post
    I think LD is the man to beat, he is more fire-up after Korea open. LCW is good but not as good as LD. LHI is not there yet.
    So is LCW -- he is coming out of his skin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    We actually haven't seen Taufik in action for quite a while, unless Taufik trains extra hard else I don't see him making any impact in this tournament. We somehow still living in the past treasuring Tuafik victories and at some point it becomes "virtualization" that reality as his past achievement will not guarantee his future success(more like stock market ) Simply, we need to wake up
    Is quite obvious, Lin Dan is the one most probably will win, Chong Wei may come close but I don't see it happen if these 2 actually meet in the final.
    Now, we really need Li Mao to create upset
    interesting idea...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder whether Li Mao will be banned from the court side?
    If he is, then the Chinese coach should also be banned!

But I think LHI is calm enough to take them all!

I think there is no such thing as a "right on the title". Only the remaining two players can win the right to fight for it! Of course, the top players will have a better chance to win that right.

The title has to be fought hard and won in the end and not even past winners have a right at the onset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Mao wont be banned from the courtside. He is the coach. But i do expect LYB to be there if ever both players will have a face off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shouldn't just look on the negative side about having coaches sitting on the sideline, I think having them there create more entertaining value which in fact is good for this sport. Li Yongbo will yell regardless where he sits anyway, so is Li Mao then why not putting these two charisma high-octane coaches next to one another? I know I will watch on court and off court performances for sure! I don't mean to create circus environment rather to create more entertainment value. Imagine Li Dan vs Lee Hyun Il with Li Mao and Li Yongbo on the sideline is like playing single with double partner!
    If handling right, it will work!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast