Wilson K-factor

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bender123, Feb 2, 2008.

1. bender123

bender123 Regular Member

I searched the forum, and still havent seen any good reviews of
    wilson k-factor series, impartially Ktour, i kind in a hurry so I would
    be really glad if anybody could tell me review of wilson Ktour
    racket if it is any good.

2. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Time to call in the guy who carries around a collection bigger than one of our local stores... 2-yota's got one.

3. Pitcher55

Pitcher55 Regular Member

I've been looking for a review on the K Tour also. But I just gave up and bought the racket. So hopefully I'll love it. Bought it from Badminton Warehouse. :cool:

4. bender123

bender123 Regular Member

nobody?, somebody?, can you please write a review of the racket

5. bender123

bender123 Regular Member

Just bought the ktour and kblaze although i didnt read any reviews, will review them later this weak, when i will had some sessions behind me.

By the looks they are beautiful rackets ktour especially.

6. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

To keep my rackets away from the 12 minute NASCAR
    Sorry guys, been busy and didn't get around to replying earlier. I purchased my K-Tour late last year and played with it sporadically here and there. Right from the start, its a fairly easy racket to play with. It's a slightly head-heavy racket that generates power fairly easily. Sweet spot seems to be quite forgiving too. Response in defence is OK too. I've let optiblue try out the K-Tour too and he was fairly impressed with the racket (he usually plays with AT900P / MP100). He too said its a very easy racket to play with.

I've found the paint finishing to be very nice. It's got a very smooth glossy coating on it. The racket itself seems very solid as well. Mines been strung to 28/29 lbs, withstood one hard racket clash with a novices' metal racket and it's still holding up.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy your K-Tours and please give us your feedback of the racket after trying it out. Finally, heres some pictures to share:

My K-Tour with nice racket bag
    [​IMG]

Wilson K-Tour's and K-Blaze's I saw in Shinjuku, Japan
    [​IMG]

And heres some Wilson marketing on the K-series rackets:
    http://www.wilson-badminton.jp/products/list/racket/kfactor

7. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    looks good, medium flex, and and slightly head heavy~ There's next to no learning curve for this racquet and it's easy to play with right out of the bag. It generates good power with good precision, and maneuvers fast @ the net. Let us know what you think of it after you've tried them out!

8. Pitcher55

Pitcher55 Regular Member

Well. Very good racket. Good power and good accuracy. Not as stiff as i thought it would be but, still a great racket. The power comes easily and you don't have to kill your arm trying to get power out of it. The factory strings are low tension and they are not what i would call awesome. Sweet spot has a good size and for me is just right. Overall a pretty damn good racket. I give it an A. It has a tiny, tiny bit of vibration but nothing serious. I was surprised by the factory grip. It has a nice feel. Its a shame it will wear out and be replaced but, oh well.

Power: 4.75
    Accuracy: 4
    Looks: 5
    Solidness: 4.5

My new number one racket =D. If you haven't tried wilson. Definitely get the K Tour. A must buy for any wilson lover or even if you don't like wilson. I simply love it.

9. bender123

bender123 Regular Member

its time to write a review i promised, of the ktour of k-factor series, I must say that the color scheme is just beautiful, this racket hasnt got just the looks, i was pleasantly surprised with accuracy and the solid feel it has, the power is good but nothing to jump into the air. So as that said i would realy recommend this racket to everybody its just great...

So:
    Power 4.5/5
    accuracy 4.5/5
    Solidness 4.5/5
    looks 5/5

PS: Can somebody tell me why cant we put this reviews on "Product reviews"
    on the main page, so the people dont have to search the forum for various rackets and that all racket reviews are in one place

10. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    that's a very good question and I've been wondering why it doesn't work either! it's a little out of date now since it stopped working like a year or two ago!

11. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

So since all the recent talks and reviews of the K-Factor rackets, I've been playing a bit more with my K-Tour for the past week. I usually run my "1st line" Carlton Powerblades (my Powerblades; the 2 on left were sacrificed in battle). I carry 5 of them with me all the time and knowing that each one is ever so slightly different (string tension, grip, weight balance etc.) so knowing that, I choose the one that works best for me on any given day. In most cases, one of them will work. There are times I will go to my 2nd line racket (Victor Ti-29) on certain "lazy" days as its slightly more forgiving. The K-factor Tour sits on the 3rd line and then I have some Princes/Gosen's on the last resort "exhibition" line (which are rarely used). Anyways, getting back to what I was going to say is that the last 2 days, I've had a rough time playing with my Powerblades for whatever reason. I went to my 2nd line Victor and it saved me somewhat in one of the games. Then I decided to take out the K-Tour and wow, it really shined. On a day when my timing was a bit off, the K-Tour's big sweetspot was really noticeable. The K-tour also generated more power than any of my other rackets for the past two days. It pretty much became my go-to racket on Friday and Saturday. I've already gave it a promotion by moving it to the 1st line compartment of my bag.

bender123: I'm glad you like the K-Tour. By the way, have you played with the K-Blaze yet and if so, whats your feedback on it.

When I was in Asia last year, I remember seeing several K-factor models available. There was the K-Tour (red), K-Blaze (charcoal), and I believe it was the K-Lite (silver) that was also in that series. If you look above in the picture that I posted earlier of the rackets I saw in Shinjuku, Japan ... I think those were K-Tours and K-Lites that are on the rack (not K-Blaze as I initially indicated). I wasn't paying too much attention to the K-Lites/K-Blaze as I was more interested in the K-Tour at the time. The K-Blaze had a noticeably more flexible shaft and was also slightly lighter than the K-Tour too. And then there were some "entry" level K-Factors that we also saw that were much cheaper. I believe they were K-Pro and K-Power. These weren't of the same caliber as the Tour/Blaze/Lite. Do you guys know any more about these other models?

Anyways, I'll leave you with some more pictures again:

Look closely and you should see the Blaze, Tour, then the Lite in that order on the rack Click HERE for full size image
    [​IMG]

K-Factor LITE
    [​IMG]

K-Factor PRO
    [​IMG]

K-Factor POWER
    [​IMG]

One last detail ... when I bought my K-Tour, it was a virgin UNSTRUNG frame (like the ones in Shinjuku, Japan picture). But look at the picture above and you can see the Blazes and Tours all appear to be factory strung. How are you guys receiving your Tours/Blazes?

12. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

One correction for above post: Note that it should be the K-Strike in the above post along side the K-Tour and K-Blaze. The K-Lite is one of the cheaper entry level-line rackets.

And also that the K-Strike is the charcoal one and the K-Blaze is the silver one. At least I got the red on the K-Tour right.

#12 2-YOTA, Feb 10, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  13. bender123

bender123 Regular Member

I have played also with k-blaze, its pretty much the same, its lighter more defensive but accuracy and power its still there, but ktour has better power but kblaze is better for net.

Both of my rackets came strung, I have changed strings right away, the only thing i don't like about my racket is the G3 grip witch is a problem, because i wanted to put towel grip on, and its just to thick then, maybe if i scrap it to wood and then put it on, but originally the grip is so thin, i guess it wont make any difference.

14. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I was quite willing to buy the K-Tour at Shuttle-house in Namba, Osaka, but I lost to the temptations of the AT700. IMHO when I first held that K-Tour racquet, I found the grip handle to be much more comfortable than the Yonex one. It's just like.. the perfect size.

15. zydoce

zydoce Regular Member

Student
    just bought ktour yesterday but haven't have a chance to try it yet.. can't wait to try the racket :D

16. jasonttb

jasonttb Regular Member

I've been playing or months with KTour, strung it at 23lbs with bg80. Quite satisfied with it except for its vibration.

17. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    The Wilson K-factor rackets look very appealing to me. Does anyone know where they would be available in Toronto? I would rather look for these in stores before going online.

18. eaststyler

eaststyler Regular Member

i ady order Wilson K-factor K-strike but dunno bout his performance yet. actually seller recommended K-strike for me. Firstly i wanna buy K-tour but seller said not suitable for rookie player.any reviews from k-strike users?

19. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

jasonttb: when I first purchased my K-Tour, I had asked the sales girl to tell the stringer (who they were raving about as the "master" with 50+ year stringing experience :rolleyes:) to string it up at 29lbs. She went over to tell him and he apparently freaked out. I then gave the K-Tour placard to the girl to show the "master" stringer that the racket was rated by Wilson up to 29lbs and he reluctantly OK'd to string it then. I picked up the racket 45 min later and immediately checked the strings ... the "master" cheaped out and had only enough courage to string it to around 22/23 lbs. Well, I didn't complain as the stringing was included with the racket. After flying home the following week, we immediately tested out the racket. I'd have to agree with you, it had a lot of vibrations at that tension. The racket as a whole was still quite playable though. But I decided after a few more sessions, to cut and have it restrung by my regular stringer. Between 28-30 lbs, the vibrations are significantly less, pretty much I'd say that they're no longer there.

bender123: my grip size was 3-1/4 (SL2) on the K-Tour

20. jasonttb

jasonttb Regular Member

2-YOTA, Thanks for the suggestion! I heard that this racquet is quite challenging to string at high tension, you are very brave!