too big, no feeling

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by TrueBlue, Feb 2, 2008.

1. TrueBlue

TrueBlue Regular Member

i have the feeling that since some time everything becomes bigger: i can play longer, my legs become extremely big, i must eat tons of food every day and i play ok. but the same time i feel like i have no weaknesses or strength any more. every stroke or step is the same good and i don`t have this special feeling in my strokes any more. also the fine things in stroke and movement are missing and my actions are ok but feels and i think looks heavy and with lot of effort. how to get back the feeling, what to do?

2. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

Keep on playing, maybe you'll adapt to the "no-feeling," haha xD

3. Phuong

Phuong Regular Member

maybe ur getting fat lol

that aside. Maybe it is ur string tension that make u lost feeling in ur stroke. How long has it been since ur last stringing.

4. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

Maybe you have become uninspired, and just keep doing the same thing over and over again? Brainwash yourself by watch badminton ownage videos to rediscover the spark (Taufik ftw)?

Seriously, video brainwashing works. The only problem is that I then get very ambitious and try all sorts of impossible things... :p

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    That's what they call 'Plateauing'. You need to find better opponents to kick your ass harder. Plateauing happens quite frequently, especially when you train too long too frequent and still playing with the same group of players. Try crosstraining with other sports or different exercises that hit similar group of muscles.