User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my friends has investigated who the people in the photo are. They are indeed badminton people from Africa, Asia, Europe, PanAm and from Yonex.

However, it is apparently only one person that is involved in the Foundation. The rest are simply guests for the opening ceremony.

So Taneepak please check your sources. They might be better than mine!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really don't get it...

...what's the need for all this hand-wringing when someone is using his money and spending his time to pursue what he likes?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Thank God we have such a generous person trying to promote Badminton

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post

I really don't get it...

...what's the need for all this hand-wringing when someone is using his money and spending his time to pursue what he likes?

IMHO, many BCers in this thread are questioning Mr Kang "Why are you so generous to Badminton?". Just because he is the President of BWF, those BCers are suspecting "dirty play/tactics" from him.

Perhaps, if Mr Kang is not the President of BWF, those BCers would say "We welcome Mr Kang for being such a generous person trying to promote/sponsor Badminton".
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-08-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    IMHO, many BCers in this thread are questioning Mr Kang "Why are you so generous to Badminton?". Just because he is the President of BWF, those BCers are suspecting "dirty play/tactics" from him.

Perhaps, if Mr Kang is not the President of BWF, those BCers would say "We welcome Mr Kang for being such a generous person trying to promote/sponsor Badminton".
    Yes that would be a different story, but the name WBF is still misleading.
    And he should have done so much earlier instead of now when he is unpopular and on the verge of being evicted from his President seat.

Having heard so much of the internal squabbles between Mr Kang and his BWF Council members for the past year or so one could not help suspect that his latest act is meant to show how powerful and "effective" he is in "wooing" people over his side.

And I also wonder whether Mr Kang made any proposal of his Foundation when he was actively the President of BWF. If he did not indicate any hint of his generosity then and try to do it now, how do you expect people to hold unsuspecting views of him?
    Last edited by Loh; 02-09-2008 at 02:52 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3