AT-700 need pics (for every angle)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nipoy, Feb 3, 2008.

1. nipoy

nipoy Regular Member

college student
    hi! im new here and this would be my very first post in badmintoncentral. no, actually i've been here for a long time just never tried posting. yes, i've been using this site and it has helped me a lot especially in the equipment forum part. ok here's the thing. im from philippines and a friend of mine is going to hongkong for some "convention" or something i dunno next month. and from what i've heard yonex rackets sold in hongkong are cheaper compared to my place. the problem is i'm not sure if the "cheaper" part = "fake":crying: . anyone here having photos of the original yonex AT-700 so my friend could use it to identify the real AT-700. the eyelet, grip, racket head, shaft, serial #, etc. I'd gladly appreciate some help. thank you!:)

2. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student
    Plz do a search first, I'm shure there are some pictures available.

Btw... If you go to a sportshop over there you will get a real one. It's just the rackets are made there, and that's why they are cheaper... It's like oil is cheaper for people who live on(above) the oil compared to us, Belgians, who pay a lot for it :)

3. niteeshs

niteeshs Regular Member

Engineering

In order to avoid buying fake, make sure that your friend buys from authorized stores. These shops do not sell fake. You can do a search in the forum postings for address of shops in HK that sell original stuffs. There are several of them in Mongkok itself. These original Yonex rackets are cheaper by 30-40% compared to prices in Philippines.

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yonex rackets r not made in hongkong.They're made in japan n taiwan..:rolleyes:

5. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student
    Yes, but that's all the same for me :p I thought it was cheap everywhere over there... isn't it?

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Having a high end yonex racket in asia is already included as an expensive thing to have..ppl here have lower life cost,lower income compared to the US n Europe.While ppl in western countries,comparably with a much higher income,will feel less burden to pay a $100 then ppl in asia.So,like the illustrations made by some ppl in the forum,i guess this also applies here.Hence,if yonex wanna sell their products in asia,of course they have to sell it cheaper than they sell it in western countries,otherwise there'll be less ppl who r able to afford them.:)

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Very good suggestion. Only buy from reputable authroized stores, to avoid the headaches. Their price might not be the cheapest in the world, but their services and products are usually reliable.

If you friend got an offer which is too good to be true (say, US$50 for AT700), then stay away. 99.99999% is a fake.

8. nipoy

nipoy Regular Member

college student
    ok tnx for the advice guys, now going back to the topic, any1 having photos of the original AT 700 ? i tried searching and found some blurry pics. clearer ones are very much appreciated thank you.

9. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Hi, nipoy, I wanted to help but I donot have a AT700 to show you the photos.

To be honest, if your friend is experienced with racket, then he/she would not need the photos. But if he/she is not that experienced, the photos won't help because it is in the fine details that the fake can be identified.

If you really need some guides, I would suggest you browse thru this site which pretty much describes the generic tell-tale signs of a fake vs the genuine Yonex rackets.

http://www.badmintonrepublic.com/fake/Fake-English.htm

As other has advised, the best bet is to go to a reputable dealer in HK and save your friend all the troubles. Go to Market Place forum and do a search and you will find the list of HKG stores and their addresses. Some of the more popular ones come to minds are Rose, Racket Shop etc.

10. Y@R@Y

Y@R@Y Regular Member

ITO Support Engineer
    Hope this can help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Y@R@Y

Y@R@Y Regular Member

ITO Support Engineer