User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: SuperBowl

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY Steelers will run over all before them. James Harrison was just named the AP Defensive Player of the Year and he eats quarterbacks for breakfast. Troy Polamalu... words cannot describe his genius.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malayali View Post
    It was a frustrating year for the COWBOYS; they were 'supposed' to get to the SB this year but has failed miserably; Hope that Jerry Jones will fire Wade Philips and bring in someone who is a little more tougher!!!!
    I have lost interest in the SB this year, since Dallas is out already!!!!

Jerry Jones should fire himself first. He is turning himself into another Al Davis. Just keep on signing big name players without understand the chemistry between the players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

It was a frustrating year for the COWBOYS; they were 'supposed' to get to the SB this year but has failed miserably; Hope that Jerry Jones will fire Wade Philips and bring in someone who is a little more tougher!!!!
    I have lost interest in the SB this year, since Dallas is out already!!!!
    ...Dallas team had a bit too much drama, IMO..a lot of ego (yeah, we probably know who they are)...
    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Goooo .... Ravens! Rookie QB all the way ! (no idea if the falcons are still in it but will watch that game momentarily)
    ..whoah, i didn't know demolidor is a football (not futbol) follower....Falcons are goner, lost to the surprising Cardinals. Ravens (very good defense, but not sure abt offense) got their work cut out for them this coming weekend vs. those Titans (which is quite balanced)..
    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    MY Steelers will run over all before them. James Harrison was just named the AP Defensive Player of the Year and he eats quarterbacks for breakfast. Troy Polamalu... words cannot describe his genius.
    ..Steelers is balanced. But they have to pass either the Ravens (who also have a strong defense) or Titans before reaching the SB. I think they'll win vs. the San Diego Superchargers this coming weekend..

If i look at the overall stats, the top 5 defensive ranked teams are still in the Playoffs.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-06-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...Dallas team had a bit too much drama, IMO..a lot of ego (yeah, we probably know who they are)...

..whoah, i didn't know demolidor is a football (not futbol) follower....Falcons are goner, lost to the surprising Cardinals. Ravens (very good defense, but not sure abt offense) got their work cut out for them this coming weekend vs. those Titans (which is quite balanced)..

..Steelers is balanced. But they have to pass either the Ravens (who also have a strong defense) or Titans before reaching the SB. I think they'll win vs. the San Diego Superchargers this coming weekend..

If i look at the overall stats, the top 5 defensive ranked teams are still in the Playoffs.
    As they say, defence wins football games, especially when it counts in the playoffs. I say the Titans, who will Albert Haynesworth back will take care of the Ravens. Steelers will roll on in their no nonsense fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely agree with you on that. First off, he needs a coach that can be tough enough with the players & Jerry needs to leave the coach alone to do his job instead of being on the sidelines during games trying to be coach himself....
    Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Jerry Jones should fire himself first. He is turning himself into another Al Davis. Just keep on signing big name players without understand the chemistry between the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I envy Romo; Just imagine going back home to see someone like Jessica Simpson greeting you by the door and ready to give you 'goodies' you want/like. He is living a dream life & it looks like he doesnt care about football that much any more!! It is kind of ironic, since football is what gave him all these good fortunes in the first place.......

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    O Romo, Romo wherefore art thou ... Cowboy!?!

Still have to watch the wildcard games so can't check who else is in the playoffs without spoiling the results (although I already know the AFC game outcome but not the score). Goooooo ... erm ... * to be determined *.
    NCAA football priority #1 at the moment (won't be checking this thread again untill I've watched the bcs championship game ).

Goooo .... Ravens! Rookie QB all the way ! (no idea if the falcons are still in it but will watch that game momentarily)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thinkn Philly has a good chance this year by the way they are playing now.... If Burress & Jacobs were still playing for NYG, I would have said NYG but........
    As they say, defence wins football games, especially when it counts in the playoffs. I say the Titans, who will Albert Haynesworth back will take care of the Ravens. Steelers will roll on in their no nonsense fashion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thinkn Philly has a good chance this year by the way they are playing now.... If Burress & Jacobs were still playing for NYG, I would have said NYG but........
    From the NFC, I fancy Carolina. I think they're more well rounded than Philly. Let's see if Philly can get past the Giants first.

From the AFC, I have to put my dimes down for the Steelers (of course ). They'll make it to the Superbowl in typically ugly fashion. Other than SD, look at the 3 remaining teams in the AFC... all defensive teams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's a bit more than that..

..i think the loss of Osi Umenyora could be a factor, as now other players have to play out of their normal position. Last yr they had Michael Strahan and Umenyora anchoring the outside. And Tuck was then able to disrupt the inside with his pass rushing. This time, the G-men only have Mathias Kiwanuka and Tuck on the outside and no rusher ala Tuck on the inside.

Burress is out (what a distraction he was), but Jacobs will most likely play (although not 100%). Let's see if they can buck up for this week's game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burress is out (what a distraction he was), but Jacobs will most likely play (although not 100%). Let's see if they can buck up for this week's game.
    And to think Pittsburgh had Burress once (they drafted him). What a loser

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^The G-men..^^

..should give Burress back to the "Steel City"...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..should give Burress back to the "Steel City"...
    Hell NO! Not even without gun, ammo or sweatpants

Tell you what; he'd look good in orange... penitentiary orange
    Last edited by madbad; 01-07-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerry Jones might hire him; he hires every other "thug" in NFL!!!!
    (like PACMAN)
    Hell NO! Not even without gun, ammo or sweatpants

Tell you what; he'd look good in orange... penitentiary orange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the Panthers are a good team this year, actually every year. But I still think if Philly can beat NYG, they have a good chance to go to the SB.

So, here is my PAW for SB:- I am going to say EAGLES.

From the NFC, I fancy Carolina. I think they're more well rounded than Philly. Let's see if Philly can get past the Giants first.

From the AFC, I have to put my dimes down for the Steelers (of course ). They'll make it to the Superbowl in typically ugly fashion. Other than SD, look at the 3 remaining teams in the AFC... all defensive teams.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the Panthers are a good team this year, actually every year. But I still think if Philly can beat NYG, they have a good chance to go to the SB.

So, here is my PAW for SB:- I am going to say EAGLES.
    Why don't we take a friendly wager:
    madbad - Steelers
    malayali - Eagles

... if they get that far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allright, cool; I am up for it....

Why don't we take a friendly wager:
    madbad - Steelers
    malayali - Eagles

... if they get that far

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Finally more or less watched all the wildcard games except vikes - philly (picture kept freezing). Hadn't watched a single game all season nor read anything so a few surprizes for me . (not to mention nfl preview mags cost double the us cover price in euro's over here and there's only one to choose from: Lindy's)
    Warner still playing (who was he supposed to tutor again? Oh yeah Leinart), Tiki Barber: sideline reporter (not looking out of place), Cards solid on the skill positions, Flacco throwing 60 yard lobs . Colts getting screwed in OT by the refs on one of the holding calls although another replay would have settled it (seemed to me the ball was not in the air yet), Sproles looking like Barry , not to forget: Ed Reed still the man.
    Coudn't be bothered to dl and watch regular season games the last 2 seasons, wouldn't have time to watch it anyway with all the college football I also hardly had time for .
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-10-2009 at 07:09 AM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast