Fast Drops

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Smashis, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me improve my drops. Is there a certain method in which u can make ur drops fall faster. The simple solution is putting little to no power on the drop when its rly close to the net. But wat if ur returning a serve. My usual doubles partner gets everyone with his fast drops but wont tell me his technique. He seems to be moving his hips and not his wrist or any other part of his arm on contact. It seems kinda weird but he is able to return a shot coming at forehead height rite beside the net even grazing it with a near vertical racquet. How does he do it? Any advice on how to make faster drops?

2. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    He slices it. Check Coach Zhao's videos. You can swing at the same speed, and then slice from right to left across the shuttle. Be brave about it and try it out.

3. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

Can anyone give me a link or download link for this video. I would really like to see his demonstration.Thx in advance.

4. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

I believe there is a few videos of Coach Zhao on Youtube. Try searching for "Zhao Jianhua" on Youtube =D