String Best Choice?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Smashis, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

Hi guys. I went to a stringing place and all they have is the BG-70Pro, BG65Ti, Ashaway Powergut 65 Neon and the Ashaway Micro legend-XL. I want to string my MP-21 at 23lbs. What string out of the 4 above-mentioned would you reccomend? I am looking for improved power and same or a little less durability than BG-65 factory strings. What should i go with?

2. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    Personally I really dont like Ashaway string. I found it has good tension but after a game it has lost a lot of tension. Same with Babolat string.

Personally, I use BG90 or 85Ti. BG70 holds tension quite well. 65Ti is good for tournaments and match play.

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

BG70 is only good at high tensions, it feels 'dead' below 25lbs ( according to other members here. )
    IMO, I think that the Microlegend-XL and the bg65Ti would be the best. Good durability, performance not bad either. Except BG65ti feels 'slippery'.

4. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    hmm..the strings u mentioned there don't really give u power..just more durability..well..I guess the microlegend is ok..but.apparently..IF u string over 25lbs..Crap Knight/Ashaway will void ur warranty if it snaps within a week..=)

playiable strings include (in NO particular order):

NBG98, BG80, BG68ti, BG66, somewhat NBG95

actually..I think best way is that..u find some cheap online badminton shop n buy some strings in bulk..that will probably save u more than going to a crap shop stringing with those pure durability strings..

5. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

I was thinking of getting yonex because ashaway comes in fruity colours. Which do you think would prove the most sensible descision?

6. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    i would say stick w/ yonex cuz overall performance of the string is better..ashaway feels like crap after u lose some tension..