User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Clothes for badminton

What kind of clothes do you wear if you play badminton outside during the summer????Would I wanna wear polo shirts like cotton from American Eagle Outfitters and Abercrombie???Or get actual shirts made for playing sports with like Ralph Lauren and Lacoste???And what kind of shorts????Can I wear just any shorts????Or should I wear likethe shorts I wear for pe????Please help me!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you're just starting, just wear whatever is light and comfortable, and wont get in the way. if you play tennis, your tenniswear should be fine. long pants and sleeves not recommened, they restrict movement. aside from that, shorter sleeves might be a lil better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks

Thank you again for all of this great info!!!I appreciate it a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah no prob. i just remember what it was like choosing from a million diff rackets. it's a little bit overwhelming when you don't know what you're looking for or what's best for you. i also did some research and found out that badmintonalley is really close to sanjose, about 15 min away, (saving you a long trip or shipping). it's right next to junipero serra freeway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emogirl View Post
    What kind of clothes do you wear if you play badminton outside during the summer????Would I wanna wear polo shirts like cotton from American Eagle Outfitters and Abercrombie???Or get actual shirts made for playing sports with like Ralph Lauren and Lacoste???And what kind of shorts????Can I wear just any shorts????Or should I wear likethe shorts I wear for pe????Please help me!!!
    All the ones you listed are fine, and try to pick the one you feel most comfortable.

If you play on "less than friendly" surface (i.e. outdoor), pick up the right foot wear is much more important than the outfit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emogirl View Post
    REI, Under Armor, and The North Face has some high tech shirts (Vapor-wick) with sunscreen protection fabric. If you are playing outdoors, I'd say heat, moisture wicking, and sunscreen protection are priorities.

You can find some ideas on REI.com or Adventure 16.
    BTW, summer in San Jose can run in the high 90s IIRC ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just t-shirt and shorts. Or whatever is comfortable to you =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. I just wear a good old T-shirt and shorts.

Now, a question for the more serious dressers. Does a "real" badminton shirt make any different at all? I know we sweat a lot in badminton. Do they help evaporate heat, sweat, more air, or whatever? Why would you spend US$30, US$40 on a shirt, well, beside the look, the logo, and being cool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you want to wear whatever is most comfortable for you, doesnt have to be a brand name or any of the latest stuff just as long as your comfortable. you would want to however be weary of the conditions so if your playing in a gym that gets hot dress appropriate for that and likewise if if gets cold as well but yeah. Ralph Lauren and Lacoste, American Eagle Outfitters and Abercrombie no offence man but you dont have to wear that kinda stuff all the time i see lots of kids thhat wear that all the time but just wear whats comfortable for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont like to wear cotton tshirt when playing badminton... the sport hall is very warm and even sitting inside will cause me to sweat. Will sweat even more when playing, the tshirt will stick to my body and make me irratited (sp? lol). Prefer those sport clothings make by polyester material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you mean dry-fit?
    yonex offers them, very nice material... when you sweat it actually makes you cold
    or even soccer wear or basketball. its a thin materal and it drys as you sweat so it doesnt stick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in san Jose california too......there are a few places that sell badminton stuff...someone mentioned Badminton Alley....that's where i go most often. There is also Racket Supply in Saratoga(i've never actually been there but my friend says it's a decent place. my coach helps run it)....if you go to Bintang or Smash City, they have a variety of clothes, rackets, and all that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok,thanks.Those places are kinda far though.I can't drive!!!!Any place closer???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex wear are pretty decent. It offers "dri-fit" like materials and dosent cost anywhere near nike. Just bring along extra shirts if you are those who sweat alot like me during summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex definitly.

Keeps you cool and gets rid of that nasty sweat (Usually)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno how Yonex outfits are (i've never had any). I just have a pair of nike shorts, and an Abercrombie muscle shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aerotus70 View Post
    I dont like to wear cotton tshirt when playing badminton... the sport hall is very warm and even sitting inside will cause me to sweat. Will sweat even more when playing, the tshirt will stick to my body and make me irratited (sp? lol). Prefer those sport clothings make by polyester material.
    i totally agree,

If i use regular cotton t-shirts, they will stick to all my body and be in the way of my shots and movements, I prefer polyester in everything except that more sweat reaches my already sweaty hands. So I prefer the polyester ones, doesn't need to be Yoenx though, in most sports shops you can find polyester shirts by Nike, Adidas and so on. I personally have one Yonex shirt and one Gosen shirt and I'm very pleased with both.

Regards

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast