looking for an upgrade from Yonex Cab 9

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by liint, Feb 9, 2008.

1. liint

liint Regular Member

I've recently started playing badminton again after about an 18 month layoff, and have found a more competitive club. I am currently playing with 2 cab 9s, the original gold version with aluminum head and exposed t, etc, that my uncle gave me about 20 years ago. I'm looking for something a little more modern. Playing 2-3 times a week, I have rotator cuff issues and that's really limited my power, so I don't smash a lot, particularly not from the back. I would describe my style as more strategic and offensive when the opportunity comes, but I rely on my defense. I've played the cab 9s for a long time, and am quite used to them. I like the feel and the control, but would like something with more power. I know this may be a bit difficult, but does anyone have recommendations on an upgrade? I've been researching the AT900p, AT900t, MP99, etc. Budget isn't really a concern, and I would like to stick to yonex.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if u can't pronate fast as before, u should go wif AT800OF/900P, and even AT700., or....you can wait for the new arc Saber:p

3. SkyRider

SkyRider Regular Member

Recommend AT900P iF U are use to cab9. Good for smashing and more powerful.A good racket.
    AT700 too but u must buy the old model.

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Off-topic, but I'm curious whether the old model is more powerful or something ?

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    only when u believe what they say without asking for proof:D

6. liint

liint Regular Member

I demo'd the AT900P and was very impressed with the power. Clears were effortless, forehand and backhand, drives were solid. Defense did take some getting used to, string tension is different than for my cab 9 as well. I also tried out the NS8000. Didn't like it at first, too head light. But after a couple of hours with the AT900P, it felt almost as good. Again, clears felt effortless, smashes has very good power as well. Overall I'm super impressed with the technological advances compared to my cab 9s. I'm sold on the AT900P, but am looking for a complementary racket. I'm a pretty big guy and I can swing pretty hard, but I'm wondering if the NS9000X would be too much? NS9000S? Is there a clear choice for a complementary racket to the AT900P?

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

AT 700 good to complement :D

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Why not just get another AT900-p as backup? You don't want to switch to a different racquet in the middle of the game...

9. liint

liint Regular Member

If I have to switch rackets in the middle of a game, it's really no big deal. I just play for fun anyways. I thought about doubling up, but I want to have a bit more variety and decided to go with the NS9000X.