Should team INA get a foreign coach

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by d65up2, Feb 10, 2008.

1. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    wat do you guys think?? Are we that desperate yet?? are we in need of one??

2. Makunouchi

Makunouchi Regular Member

Badminton Addict
    I dont think so. They have alot of good players before that can be a good coach. Rexy Manaiky is one particular example. But i am not saying that all players before will turn out as a good coach.

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    no harm in trying. not saying indonesia is desperate but maybe a foreign coach will bring in new methods that will in the long run benefits indonesian badminton.

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Maybe in the women's section. Women's singles especially, by this age I would expect Maria Kristin and Firda to move up another notch. Firda especially needs to be more hardworking, she seemed lazy :eek: in the latter stages against Anita Kaur in Malaysian Open qualifiers, that's why she lost. Can't just stop at SEA Games level, do we?

The men's section are in pretty capable hands, but need more new blood for the squad. Even if you can't find talents like Taufik, surely PBSI can find hardworking players ala Joko Suprianto and Hendrawan. These guys were world champs too. Otherwise it would look like Djarum is doing better.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Desperate??..

..hmm, some foreign coaches would ask, first, "Shoooow me the money!"..:p;)

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

No doubt, INA WS has the most desperate result compared with four other sectors particularly after Susi retirement and Mia Audina represented Netherlands. Hire foreign coach possibly is good option but still no guarantee whether it will find success, more depend on their individual determination to reach high standard.

7. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    your players and coaches are already so good

8. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    If their organizations treat their players and coaches better, they won't have to turn to foreign coachs at all.

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yup... we can't pay for the good foreign coaches...

Bingo, ctjcad! ;) That's something PBSI cannot show... :p I think this discussion of whether INA should get a foreign coach is pretty much over after the topic of "where will we get the money to pay for the good foreign coach?" comes to the table... :eek:

US$5000 to US$8000 to US$10000 per month are very heavy numbers for PBSI. They don't pay any of their existing coaches that high. [Not to mention there will be a lot of jealousy when these kinds of numbers are being given to a foreign coach...]

Most fans are not aware that PBSI is currently not being funded by the government too much anymore [unlike in the late 1980s]... Yes there are some KONI funds flowing in, but not nearly enough... :eek: Those national associations that have full and ample government funding are very lucky... :)

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    If money's an issue, PBSI should do a spot of reshuffling and get some of the top calibre coaches in charge of the men's team to take care of the women. Eg. Put Hendrawan back in WS. Or get the girls to train alongside men, which might help improve fitness and standards. In the meantime, do not ignore the junior/backup squads.

What about sponsorship? I would assume PBSI would have it easier to attract sponsors than BAM 'cos you have 2 world champion pairs now and you have consistently produced World and Olympic Champs in the past. Likewise, China BA gets a huge sponsorship deal from Fed Ex 'cos they are top of the game. Even BAM get more money from sponsors than the MAS fans tax payments, and we haven't produced any World or Olympic Champs yet.

11. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Well I personally think it is a disgrace if we have coaches from overseas....Imagine English coach coaching us...come on man we are better than England in Badminton that is for sure.....We won Thomas cup quite a lot of time.....

I really think PBSI should get sponsorhip which would give funding and pay the coaches more...After Taufik retires we are preety much finish ie no more champions:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:....Well I hope things get better

Bravo Indonesia!!!!

Btw England set target to dominate and we should reply by taking one step further....preventing this to happend by improving oursleves further

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Indonesian-born "foreign" coaches..

..hmm..are Tony G., Rexy, Halim, to name a few, considered "foreign" coach(es)??..:confused:;)

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    No harm in taking foreign coaches, u get a different aspect of training .....

Though for INA, it seems that coaching isn't really the issue, funding is.

Ask PBSI to tackle the sponsorship and funding part, surely it is not hard to find good long term sponsorship.

If MAS had that many World Champs as INA, BAM would have been mighty rich .......

14. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    it doesn't matter wheter the coach even from another planet, as long they are better and capable to increase the badminton in my country, and that's the important one.
    Even i don't care if the coach is an animal hehehe.....

15. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    just a rhetorical question. what animal would be really good at badminton? :)

16. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    for me any coach is fine but he should not be English...cos the INA players would just be like Anthony Clark

17. gary_seeker

gary_seeker Regular Member

Students
    I don't agree with INA taking foreign coach, why ? Very simple, each badminton country have their own trademark skill, some style I can say. For example (this is between INA only) : Iie Sumirat skill which is different from Liem Swie King and it passed down to Taufik hidayat and similarly Heryanto Arby. China also have their own style of playing if I can say. Just imagine if we take foreign coach then it might destroy INA style. As references: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26779&page=2 look at post #19. As I can't accept the fact that in football England just hire Fabio Capello as their coach, who knows in the next 2 years England will have player like Paolo Maldini and play defensively, no more speed and rush. This is my opinion

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think taufik would make a great coach if he's willing to pass on his experience to the next generation of INA players

19. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Taufik would just chose to chill with his wife...dun like his attitude...I think he should pass down his skills to younger players....

20. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    taufik is a bit temperamental to teach youngsters. at least not until he is well into his 50s and have two grown kids. :) but i would like to think that when he mellows a bit he would make a good coach and to see his set of skills in another youngster would be exciting to the world of badminton.