User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brand New Location in Hoboken, New Jersey

By overwhelming demands from friends and neighbors, Friendly Badminton Club now has a new location in Hoboken starting Feb. 05, 2006. If you know anyone who is looking for a place to play in this area, please ask them to check out the amazing website: www.friendlybadminton.com

Practice schedule: Sundays 2:00-5:30 PM, players all levels are welcome training by well qualified coach starts from 12:30. Four courts and best of all, free parking available. If you have questions, by all mean - don't be shy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Do you guys play on this location other than Sundays? How much are the fees (court / lessons)? Where do we park? Is it also close to the PATH train? BTW, how many courts again? Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was there at their grand opening, the facility is not bad, with decent light and high ceiling. Total of 4 courts. Many decent and friendly players around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Howdy

I was also at their grand opening and i bought the last raffle ticket and i won an armortec 700 The level of players there on opening day was intermediate to advance with some beginners like me there sprinkled around. However february 12th will be closed due to the expected blizzard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastcoastAZN
    I was also at their grand opening and i bought the last raffle ticket and i won an armortec 700 The level of players there on opening day was intermediate to advance with some beginners like me there sprinkled around. However february 12th will be closed due to the expected blizzard.
    Man, I hope I could be the last one to buy the ticket. Btw, if u are beginner, I don't know how to rate myself. Many a newbie...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However february 12th will be closed due to the expected blizzard.
    Good information. Yeah, after talked with the managers, it's being confirmed that this sunday (12th) the gym will be closed due to snow storm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Public transport and parking

Quote Originally Posted by shreky
    Hi. Do you guys play on this location other than Sundays? How much are the fees (court / lessons)? Where do we park? Is it also close to the PATH train? BTW, how many courts again? Thanks.

HCA is very accesable both by car or public transportion. The school provide free parking next to the gym or by the church accross the street. For complete direction, please check out the website www.friendlybadminton.com The cheapest way to join is to become 3 months members, guess passes are also available at reasonable price. You can contact them directly thru the website to get a complete detail.
    Last edited by RedRemote; 02-12-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been to these place 3 times already. Overall, very nice. The facility could be one of the best I've been around, and quite amount of friendly players. Seems pretty easy to get a lot of competitive games going on (for all levels), and every time at the end, I was like too tired to even walk out of the door on my own feet.

Looking forward to see more new faces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Eyewitness News

and every time at the end, I was like too tired to even walk out of the door on my own feet.

-Lazybuddy

Lol Can't wait to see how you'll walk after doing the wednesday night church singles or can i say 3 on 1.

P.S. Me and Ning Yun could sware that atleast 3 times when you messed up your partner said, "YES!". We were both shocked and confused why your partner would say that but that must mean it was a 3 on 1 hahaha! I remember seeing you dive atleast 3 times , rolled your eyes 6 times , run into wall and push off 5 times , and "look dead" all the time! Hahaha... I guess karma caught up to you after you put someone through the "Running Man series" last summer and now its your turn to suffer through the "Tortured Man".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha... I guess karma caught up to you after you put someone through the "Running Man series" last summer and now its your turn to suffer through the "Tortured Man".
    Yeah, got a bit taste of "take your own medicine". Well, overall, I still got a lot of fun and, hmmmm... a lot of exercises...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recent blackout

Hoboken Catholic Academy (HCA)

Address: 555 7th Street, Hoboken NJ

MARCH: March 19, 2006 HCA is closed for school Activity

APRIL : April 16, 2006 HCA is closed for Easter Sunday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all,
    Is it easy to walk there from the path train? How long is the walk?
    Also, are there beginner friendly games? Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there are ppl taking bus/path to this locaiton, but not sure how far it is. Better contact the manager(s) to confirm. This club also features various level of players, from newbies to ex international lvl. I believe they offer training sessions as well.

Contact them to find out more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Easter weekend schedule change

I was told the hoboken club will close on Sunday 4/16, but will be OPEN on 4/15 (not sure about exact time yet) instead due to Easter holiday. Since most of the local gyms will be closed on the weekend due to holiday, this might be a good choice, if someone still want some work out.

Please check www.friendlybadminton.com for updated information.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to http://www.friendlybadminton.com/def...ive_page_id=59, this club will be re-opened by 9/10.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Friendly Badminton Tourny - 12/3

Please check: http://www.friendlybadminton.com/def...ive_page_id=75

They will host a double tourny on 12/3 in the hoboken site. Please contact them for more information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi we can play badminton

Hi,
    My name is Aakash Shah.
    I live in Jersey city, I am a national level badminton Player and I can play other than sundays.....
    We can play at my place which is at Hoboken and You have to pay the charges of court and play facilities.

charges are : $35 for 1 and Half Hour.

Bye and you can reply me.

Thank you

Aakash.

Quote Originally Posted by shreky View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast