User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 43
  1. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jason,

    I am still in Charlotte and an interest still remains, would you be interested in initiating an offline conversation between the two of us as a starter?

    Engrforever

  2. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any one is Ballentyne area or any clubs in south Charlotte other than one on Tyvola road???

  3. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PM
    chakri002,

    Not that I know!

    http://badmintonclubs.org/where-to-play/north-carolina
    "STATE CONTACT Margret Hewitt 1009 Churchill Street Davidson, NC 28036 (H) 704-892-5680 (W) 704-527-0500"

    You can try contacting her, she is heavily involved with the Charlotte chapter.

    - Engrforever

  4. #21
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Charlotte
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All - I am in Ballentyne area and interested in playing. The last time I played was 12 years ago so pretty much a starter...Plz let me know if anyone found a place near Ballentyne or interested in playing at certain location nearby during weekday evening or weekends...

    Nathan.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Sorry guys I don't keep up with the forum post.
    I lived 20min away from Ballentyne. If anyone still interested we can get together and discuss small details of event to meetup.

    If anyone want to start a badminton club please share it on the table with all of us. I'm looking for a good and affordable location like warehouse for badminton club. We need kickstarter on this.

    Contact:
    json@carolina.rr.com

  6. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been in Charlotte for 7 years now and am still looking for a place to play. I played at club level in England and would be interested in a club or just getting together with a few people to play once a week. I guess the problem is where to play (especially the court markings) as I assume the net and posts are relatively inexpensive... If anyone is interested in trying to set something up let me know. I'd be more than happy to help. dale_nurse@yahoo.com

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baddersmad View Post
    I've been in Charlotte for 7 years now and am still looking for a place to play. I played at club level in England and would be interested in a club or just getting together with a few people to play once a week. I guess the problem is where to play (especially the court markings) as I assume the net and posts are relatively inexpensive... If anyone is interested in trying to set something up let me know. I'd be more than happy to help. dale_nurse@yahoo.com
    I found several places, Marion Diehl Recreation center had 6 courts
    Crews Road 3 courts. It cost less than 3 bucks, UNCC had more courts but they only allow employees and students to use it, that's bs. I told them I'll pay for the fees and they say nah. UNC more generous than UNCC but it cost $150/year for non UNC student.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engrforever View Post
    Jason and others,

    I too am interested in getting back into the "swing". I am asking around for alternatives, where are you guys located? I am located in the University area.

    Friendly
    Engrforever
    Are you still interested in playing? I found 3 excluding Hawthorne(I hate that place).

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    any places to play in Charlotte over the weekends?
    I live in Columbia and would come up to play.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    any places to play in Charlotte over the weekends?
    I live in Columbia and would come up to play.
    Yes, below are the places where I go play every single week. I'm the only Asian there.

    Place: Marion Diehl
    Address: Marion Diehl Center Drive, Charlotte, NC
    Hours: Wed 5PM-7PM, Sat 12PM-2PM
    Cost: $2/visit or $40/year
    Number of courts: 6

    Place: Crews Road Recreation Center
    Address: 1201 Crews Road, Matthews, NC
    Hours: Tues 6PM-9PM, Sun 3PM-5PM or longer if there is no other event going on.
    Cost: $1/visit
    Number of courts: 3

    UNCC have badminton courts too at the Belk gym open everyday but you'll need to be a student there or if you know anybody. They will check your student ID before they let you in.

    I heard another recreation center will be open for badminton on Albermale right by W ET Harris blvd not until October something. I will post the detail as soon as I heard something from them.




  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice, i might go this weekend then.

  12. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,

    Crews Road Recreation Center Gym is open for Badminton only on Sundays (not Tuesdays anymore) from 3PM till 6PM.


    Crews Road Recreation Center
    1201 Crews Road
    Matthews , North Carolina 28105

    https://matthewsfun.org/CrewsRecreat...9/Default.aspx.


    I spoke the following facility and they are open for Badminton on Thursdays from 6PM till 8PM or so.


    Albemarle Road Recreation Center
    5027 Idlewild Road North

    Mint Hill, NC 28227


    (704) 567-1941


  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lasic View Post
    Hi,

    Crews Road Recreation Center Gym is open for Badminton only on Sundays (not Tuesdays anymore) from 3PM till 6PM.


    Crews Road Recreation Center
    1201 Crews Road
    Matthews , North Carolina 28105

    https://matthewsfun.org/CrewsRecreat...9/Default.aspx.


    I spoke the following facility and they are open for Badminton on Thursdays from 6PM till 8PM or so.


    Albemarle Road Recreation Center
    5027 Idlewild Road North

    Mint Hill, NC 28227


    (704) 567-1941
    Let me know if u got some people to go there at least someone younger.

  14. #31
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonBolt View Post
    Let me know if u got some people to go there at least someone younger.
    Last Sunday was my first visit to Crews Road Recreation Center. Though they claim that they set up 3 courts, there are technically only two courts.....the center one is not marked at all. There were some young guys playing at one and some seniors at the other.


    I'm yet to visit Albermale Rec Center.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been to Albermale, some seniors are pretty strong but not much ppl over. Good flooring and have 3 courts, every courts are marked. I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon until more ppl fill in.

  16. #33
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonBolt View Post
    I've been to Albermale, some seniors are pretty strong but not much ppl over. Good flooring and have 3 courts, every courts are marked. I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon until more ppl fill in.
    Hi Jason, I'm beginner-to-intermediate level and I plan to be go & play at Albermale Rec Center today.

  17. #34
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Crews Road Rec Center is open on Tuesdays as well (from 6-8PM). Sorry about the incorrect msg earlier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Carolina Marin: Spain
    By scuInd78 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 25
    : 08-29-2014, 12:01 PM
  2. Charlotte, NC
    By ibrcturck in forum USA East
    Replies: 5
    : 06-29-2012, 08:58 AM
  3. Hi from North Carolina
    By 2balik in forum Introduction
    Replies: 4
    : 03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
  4. Anyone interested in the Charlotte Area
    By ibrcturck in forum USA East
    Replies: 2
    : 09-07-2009, 02:52 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    : 09-28-2003, 08:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •