• Jens Eriksen

19 1.73%
  • Sigit Budiarto

59 5.36%
  • Lee Yong Dae

169 15.35%
  • Christian Hadinata

9 0.82%
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    but back to the matter at hand, TG is a LEGEND...the best front man player NOW is probably HS...greatest of all time is definetly TG
    Err, I would agree with you on the best front man player now.

But for the Legendary matter at hand, Park Joo Bong still gets my vote ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Err, I would agree with you on the best front man player now.

But for the Legendary matter at hand, Park Joo Bong still gets my vote ......
    i can't understand how someone could say a top XD men player (KDM, LYD, PJB) is a good frontman when the hallmark skill of a guy in a XD is being great at the back. In XD, the main & key tactic is to trick or lure the opponent guy to the front, and push their lady to the back which in xd is considered to be a weak formation. If the guy spend all his time performing his frontman duty, i have to say this XD pair is a loser and hopeless. However, kdm, pjb and lyd are not loser XD pairs, therefore, these guys are not great frontman, period. Some very good XD guys also include nova, zhang jun, nathan robertson, these are IMO, are lousy frontman.
    Last edited by cooler; 10-27-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooler, have u seen KDM and and PJB in action? Just need to confirm, before you can call them not great frontmen, period. LYD is not an MD frontman, I agree, but KDM and PJB play frontmen in MD and were very good at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooler, have u seen KDM and and PJB in action? Just need to confirm, before you can call them not great frontmen, period. LYD is not an MD frontman, I agree, but KDM and PJB play frontmen in MD and were very good at it.
    to clarify, i didnt say kdm and pjb are lousy frontman, they are very good, but not grrrrreat like TH

Only Tony (the tiger) can say................They're Grrrrreat!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWrfWEmHs1Y
    (tony's older commercials were better but not in youtube)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cooler; 10-27-2008 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    to clarify, i didnt say kdm and pjb are lousy frontman, they are very good, but not grrrrreat like TH

OK, then we agree to disagree ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to clarify, i didnt say kdm and pjb are lousy frontman, they are very good, but not grrrrreat like TG

OK, then we agree to disagree ......
    i mean TG. Well, TH is also great at the front too

in this MD rally, u can see how tony's great coaching skills and front coverage turn the game around and set up his rear partner (howard??)for the final kill. LOLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTWO...eature=related
    Last edited by cooler; 10-27-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No disputing Tony's genius. Then again, at his time and now, training has become more specialized and the new generations of players benefit from this to allow for more distinct specialization.

Yet Park Joo Bong was an All-England semifinalist at age 17 in 1982. He is so adaptable, he could play with practically anyone and be a credible threat, something that does not happen when any other MD player plays with anyone else other than his regular partner.

In the 1992 Thomas Cup, Park partnered a visibly injured Sun Han Kook and still managed to beat the Sidek brothers at their home den in straight games ..... . I know, I was there.

And to imagine that the Sideks alongside Tian Bingyi/Li Yongbo were among the strongest challenges to Park and his regular partner Kim Moon Soo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWrfWEmHs1Y
    (tony's older commercials were better but not in youtube)
    i mean TG. Well, TH is also great at the front too

in this MD rally, u can see how tony's great coaching skills and front coverage turn the game around and set up his rear partner (howard??)for the final kill. LOLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTWO...eature=related
    ok...ok...i dont get it...how are these commercials related to badminton even in the slightest way? good breakfast im guessing...?? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can't understand how someone could say a top XD men player (KDM, LYD, PJB) is a good frontman when the hallmark skill of a guy in a XD is being great at the back. In XD, the main & key tactic is to trick or lure the opponent guy to the front, and push their lady to the back which in xd is considered to be a weak formation. If the guy spend all his time performing his frontman duty, i have to say this XD pair is a loser and hopeless. However, kdm, pjb and lyd are not loser XD pairs, therefore, these guys are not great frontman, period. Some very good XD guys also include nova, zhang jun, nathan robertson, these are IMO, are lousy frontman.
    i agree...i can clearly recall during OG XD final in beijing, LYD rarely used his skills to score points at the net...all points delivered by him were mostly scored from the base line with crazy power play...i guess another reason why LYD also plays in XD category is because by doing so, it improves his smashes and his court coverage so that he can become a better all-round doubles player...
    one correction though, nova is actually 'the' play maker if he was to play in MD, a great frontman to fish for short lifts...compared to ZJ, ZB, and XZB, his smashes are that hard, but deadly when it comes to soft, delicate touches...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No disputing Tony's genius. Then again, at his time and now, training has become more specialized and the new generations of players benefit from this to allow for more distinct specialization.

In the 1992 Thomas Cup, Park partnered a visibly injured Sun Han Kook and still managed to beat the Sidek brothers at their home den in straight games ..... . I know, I was there.

And to imagine that the Sideks alongside Tian Bingyi/Li Yongbo were among the strongest challenges to Park and his regular partner Kim Moon Soo.
    obviously ur analysis of the best frontman is flawed. U keep showing us pjb win the most AE, can win playing with an injured player and a great XD player. No doubt. However, this poll, i repeat again, is for who is the best FRONTMAN in MD.

To counter your claims:
    1. Tony G. had won more titles than pjb from their career
    2. For a successful XD pair, that mean the guy spent the most time at the back girl at the front. No competitive XD team can be successful if they play the other way around as their dominance formation.
    3. Your example of pjb pairing with injured sun han kook and beating the sidek brother CLEARLY SHOWED PJB IS NOT A GREAT FRONTMAN PLAYER. Any MD coach, including pjb himself, knows that the best way to play this hand is to have the injured sun han kook play like XD, i.e. sun han kook to hover around the net and Pjb do the running and jumpsmashing at the back. NO SENSIBLE DOUBLE TEAM WOULD PUT THEIR WEAKER PARTNER AT THE BACK by choice.

You should start a 'Best rear man' player in MD. I would vote pjb. Happy now???
    Last edited by cooler; 10-27-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    One thinng I can't understand is that...

Malaysians always blame Rexy when the players lose the games. Just accept the truth... the players have problem not Rexy...

i totally agree in this. the players should improve their behavior in playing against any team...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should start a 'Best rear man' player in MD. I would vote pjb. Happy now???
    PJB plays frontman in MD, so I cannot call him a rearcourt player. Even in the match when playing with injured partner, he covers 3/4 court including the front. His secret is that he started in MS, thus switching court coverage is easy. Totally unlike LYD in MS .

The MD game during Park's time was a lot more technical than during Tony's time and at present. After Park retired, newer players like Cheah Soon Kit, Rexy, Sigit and the rest concentrate on more power and speed, the technical aspect was pretty much lost. And now the PPR system made MD rallies much too short for anything other than even more power and speed .

Once in a blue moon you get technically adept players like Hendra Setiawan or Koo Kien Kiat (when he's not fanciful), but that's once in a blue moon and I don't think they are as good as Park yet.

Whether or not your judgement or mine is flawed, is not of concern ..... Park is my pick, Tony is yours. These are based from our individual observations, we cannot agree and let that matter rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PJB plays frontman in MD, so I cannot call him a rearcourt player. Even in the match when playing with injured partner, he covers 3/4 court including the front. His secret is that he started in MS, thus switching court coverage is easy. Totally unlike LYD in MS .

The MD game during Park's time was a lot more technical than during Tony's time and at present. After Park retired, newer players like Cheah Soon Kit, Rexy, Sigit and the rest concentrate on more power and speed, the technical aspect was pretty much lost. And now the PPR system made MD rallies much too short for anything other than even more power and speed .

Once in a blue moon you get technically adept players like Hendra Setiawan or Koo Kien Kiat (when he's not fanciful), but that's once in a blue moon and I don't think they are as good as Park yet.

Whether or not your judgement or mine is flawed, is not of concern ..... Park is my pick, Tony is yours. These are based from our individual observations, we cannot agree and let that matter rest.
    problem with your argument is , u alway put pjb himself only in reference to the game, disregarding other players playing ability. Pjb can do this and can do that. So what? Tony is also not a power player. Your analysis is flawed again. Yes today players have more power, BUT TODAY PLAYERS ALSO HAVE BETTER DEFENSE Tony's rallies are shorter by your account IS BECAUSE TONY PLAY MORE EFFECTIVE AND SMARTER SHOTS. SMART SHOTS ARE USUALLY EXECUTED AT THE FRONT TO MID COURT. If u can't put away your opponent quickly, it doesn't mean that player(ie pjb) is all technical and not using power. I think the more u talk, the more negatives u r putting on PJB. Pjb rallies are long likely because his shots are not effective and/or not threatening enough.

To say sigit is a power player show your understanding of the game. Sigit is a creative and deceptive player first. He is top in making trick shots.
    Last edited by cooler; 10-28-2008 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PJB plays frontman in MD, so I cannot call him a rearcourt player.
    is that your rationale in proving something?

He is and therefore I am? LOL

here is your case.

You saw pjb play frontman in MD
    I cannot call him a rear court player
    THEREFORE, pjb is the best frontman

LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some videos of the 2 hotly debated contestants..

..okay, for those confused or wondering about Park Joo Bong's game and Tony's game, here are video links of the 2 athletes..enjoy!

..Park Joo Bong (if not mistaken during his peak yrs @ the 1990 AE MD Final; btw, love those tight short shorts):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGffEyYTktw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPndA9i9p7I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6g-foekEA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFM88igdbU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3irT7mrffU

...and Tony G. (during his peak yrs @ the 2000 Olympics MD Gold Match; the first video opens with a wild & breathtaking 1 minute rally..Great match & crowd support, btw!!):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNbG0xoYokc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-G9OPDsKH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEL2uN6T0k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHlaP-Bb70
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDmwKhf3_jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW6lHGKohwE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eGdDlvWVoo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-9UsoCIxs
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-28-2008 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..okay, for those confused or wondering about Park Joo Bong's game and Tony's game, here are video links of the 2 athletes..enjoy!

..Park Joo Bong (if not mistaken during his peak yrs @ the 1990 AE MD Final; btw, love those tight short shorts)
    Yup, I missed those tight shorts ...... Well, at least all the players are now in colour, in the old days all were white and sterile ...... kakakakaka.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast