• Jens Eriksen

19 1.71%
  • Sigit Budiarto

59 5.32%
  • Lee Yong Dae

171 15.41%
  • Christian Hadinata

9 0.81%
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    If one look at the poll list of nominated players, all of them, except tony, had done well only with their life time partner. Tony has shown to us that he can do well with various partners. I leave u with this question, if u take out tony G from the list of above nominees, which other MD players that could partner with howard bach to a major championship?
    Park and Sigit can do it. I dunno about the younger generation (Cai Yun, KKK, H.Setiawan, etc).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Park definitely can win, or at least achieve good results with multiple partners.

With Lee Eun Ku, he went to All-England semis. First time he got noticed.
    With Sun Han Kook, he beat two of the other top pairs.
    With Lee Sang Bok, he won a couple of tournaments. Regular partner Kim was injured.
    With Kim Moon Soo, he became a legend. Olympic, World, Asian Games and All-England Champions.
    With Chung Myeong Hee, he became XD World Champ.
    With Ra Kyung Min, he was XD Olympic silver medallist (at the tailend of his career).

Very adaptable guy, can you imagine winning a match against top opposition while playing with an injured partner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    If one look at the poll list of nominated players, all of them, except tony, had done well only with their life time partner. Tony has shown to us that he can do well with various partners. I leave u with this question, if u take out tony G from the list of above nominees, which other MD players that could partner with howard bach to a major championship?
    Maybe this is too early but kkk did have an ability to adapt with different partners frequently.
    For the time being,he had been with 3 partners profesionally.Hes just 22/23.
    Too early to say hes capable to form perfect doubles whomever his partner.
    i can see him as someone's else partner after tbh.Im not hoping for that but i think rexy or his next coaches will have some plans for him.

Forget the fact that im his fan,will u agree with me when i say kkk will be a legend? As one of the best partners that a shutller could ever have ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    Forget the fact that im his fan,will u agree with me when i say kkk will be a legend? As one of the best partners that a shutller could ever have ?
    Errr, too early to tell. The same goes to Cai Yun and Hendra Setiawan.

I will say this though. Koo, even when young, was always supremely confident. At certain times this is shown as arrogance on his part. But you had to have it in you to succeed.
    Last edited by abedeng; 03-05-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best front man

I think nobody has mentioned Rexy/Ricky so far. Maybe they are under-rated.
    I think Rexy is good for speed and variety

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy is no frontman. But his workrate is excellent!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Errr, too early to tell. The same goes to Cai Yun and Hendra Setiawan.

I will say this though. Koo, even when young, was always supremely confident. At certain times this is shown as arrogance on his part. But you had to have it in you to succeed.
    I would think that Cai Yun is more vulnerable than Koo Kien Keat. I just re-watched last year's All-England Final highlight....Koo was indeed so full of confidence in the last few pts...including that brilliant net return which fooled the Chinese pair and gained 2 match pts for the MAS pair.

Cai Yun showed his vulnerability last night and he admitted it during his post-match interview (quoted in sina.com.cn) that the defeat to the HKG pair was because he lost his stamina, esp the third set. Albertus further said that he and Yohan targetted Cai Yun as they noticed that too, by forcing Cai Yun to the back, which is also exactly his strength. As a result, Fu Haifeng was forced to guard the net and as we know, this is not Fu's forte too.

As for Hendra Setiawan, he also showed his tentativeness in front of the net during the second set of the Malaysia Open Final against Paaske/Rasmussen, which costed the INA pair that set. Luckily, he regained his composure, esp late in the third set.

IMHO, Koo Kien Keat is probably the most talented of the 3 we have right now. This is followed closely be Hendra Setiawan, who is improving a lot. Finally, we have the aging Cai Yun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CY is like 28 years old and our smashing machine FHF is like 23/24. Since this pair rely much one speed/power, I think they would go downhill in the next few years.

It seems to me KKK sometimes does not have good sense. He is more like Sigit instead of Tony. I would still put Setiawan as the most promising one.

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    I would think that Cai Yun is more vulnerable than Koo Kien Keat. I just re-watched last year's All-England Final highlight....Koo was indeed so full of confidence in the last few pts...including that brilliant net return which fooled the Chinese pair and gained 2 match pts for the MAS pair.

Cai Yun showed his vulnerability last night and he admitted it during his post-match interview (quoted in sina.com.cn) that the defeat to the HKG pair was because he lost his stamina, esp the third set. Albertus further said that he and Yohan targetted Cai Yun as they noticed that too, by forcing Cai Yun to the back, which is also exactly his strength. As a result, Fu Haifeng was forced to guard the net and as we know, this is not Fu's forte too.

As for Hendra Setiawan, he also showed his tentativeness in front of the net during the second set of the Malaysia Open Final against Paaske/Rasmussen, which costed the INA pair that set. Luckily, he regained his composure, esp late in the third set.

IMHO, Koo Kien Keat is probably the most talented of the 3 we have right now. This is followed closely be Hendra Setiawan, who is improving a lot. Finally, we have the aging Cai Yun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    CY is like 28 years old and our smashing machine FHF is like 23/24. Since this pair rely much one speed/power, I think they would go downhill in the next few years.

It seems to me KKK sometimes does not have good sense. He is more like Sigit instead of Tony. I would still put Setiawan as the most promising one.
    I agree, I see KKK more as a all-rounded player with lot of speed. While Setiawan is a more front dedicated, and he has shown more variety of shots than KKK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about lee yong dae???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahahaha.. *laughs at LYB*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer the style, I will vote for Tony and Hendra

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I am a Bit late on this discussion:

I would say over the Long period of time Tony G has to be the best.

For a short period and running TG close is KDM, but TG gets the nod for me.

For a one-off tournament performance Jonas Rasmussen gets my vote for his WC03 winning performce, he didn't let anything past him in that tournament and everytime opposition tried to push it flat it was like JR had seen the game before he read it so well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post

For a one-off tournament performance Jonas Rasmussen gets my vote for his WC03 winning performce, he didn't let anything past him in that tournament and everytime opposition tried to push it flat it was like JR had seen the game before he read it so well.
    wow, james, since when u shifted to china>?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post

Agree on that one, he was superman on that day nothing was going past him.............

But Tony G is another player, no one will come near him, and beside him switching partners and still winning big tournaments tells u something......

At the moment, I quite like what I am seeing from Hendra, he reads the game quite well, it would be very interesting this Olympics can't wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best is not in the poll list...Christian Hadinata. No matter what position or partner he is always win. He is the true legend for double player, nobody on the list can achieve Christian throphy. But for today game i choose KKK, he is damn good.
    Last edited by issarakaya; 03-24-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: miss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    The best is not in the poll list...Christian Hadinata. No matter what position or partner he is always win. He is the true legend for double player, nobody on the list can achieve Christian throphy. But for today game i choose KKK, he is damn good.
    My dad's favourite doubles player as well.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast