Victor Power Waves and Super Nanos

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by GT0ro, Feb 11, 2008.

1. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

Does anybody know or know where I can find the balance points (head hvy, moderate, balanced) of the Power Waves 11/12 and the Super Nanos series? I know DinkaLot's racquet review rates the Power Waves 11 and 12, but I want to find some info on the Super Nanos as well. And compare the racquets. Thanks!

2. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    super nano is slightly head heavier than power waves, other than that not much difference

3. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    when strung and only original grip, my power waves 11 has a b/p of around 290-291mm.

4. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

hi wocdam, how do you like your power waves 11? do you have any other racquets to compare to?

5. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I have a Power Waves 11. It is a great racket. Very very stiff though. It is very powerful. I wouldn't recommend this racket to people who are just starting out and people with a week wrist.

6. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    PW11 - head heavy, very stiff, packs lots of power, all out offensive racket, but little feeling on shots due to dampening.
    ATT99 - stiff, slightly head heavy, powerful smashes, balance play, good feel
    SW32 - stiff, headlight, excellent control, good all round play, but offense will lose out b'cuz mine is a 4U.
    SW31 - headlight to even balance, very stiff, excellent control, feel, all round, prefer this now as it packs more punch on smashes

7. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

agreed to david and wocdam
    i personally own a PW11
    it's a very nice racket,but not much control
    also to use it, you need to have very quick and strong arm
    as it is fairly stiff, the racket would snap back in place before you finish your swing.

8. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    i read on the net there is 4U for PW12. from my experience with Victor rackets, there is a vast difference in 3U and 4U rackets that they produce, in terms of weight and maneuverablity. PW12 (4U) is worth considering, as it will be much softer on the arms, faster defense, but still have enough smashing power. My SW31 and 32 has a difference of 6.7grams(88.8 vs 82.1)

9. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

I managed to get hold of a Power Waves 12 during my trip to HK, along with a Cab20SP. Although the sticker on the cone says the PW12 was a 2U, it felt much lighter than the hammer that was the Cab20sp, also 2u.

Went to the AE Finals, and saw the Ripple Power 12, which had the exact same cosmetics, ripples at the grommets and the muscle power grommet strip at the bottom of the frame. Was quite intrigued, so I looked it up when I got back and found the Victor International '08 Catalogue.

The spec for the RP12/PW12 sounded about right, so I guess the PW12 was renamed for the Europe market for whatever reason. However, I noticed on the catalogue that the Ripple Power 11 (which still looks like the PW11) had a balance point of only 230mm - which would be quite ridiculously headlight! (see 1st image)

I then downloaded the 2007 victor catalogue and it showed the same BP for the RP11 (2nd image). Wonder whether the 230mm BP is a typing error from Victor, or whether they actually changed the spec so dramatically for the European market that the chart given in the 07 Catalogue, which rates the RP11 very low in power would be true; unlike the PW11 which most people will agree is a power racket (and a NGP-endorsed one at that!:D).

Anyone care to shed some light???

Attached Files:

#9 gsloh, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  10. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

from where they put the ripple power 11 on the chart, the balance point might be right after all!

though quite why they don't put the RP12 there as well for comparison is beyond me ...

11. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    not sure about European models, my two PW11 have b/p more than 292mm. if you look carefully, the butt cap in the catalogue is much different from what we have in Asia.

12. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

wocdam, have you used any sotx racquets? namely the woven 7 and 8? how are the stiffness of the sw31 and sw32 compare to those? i find the woven 8 and cab30ms gives too much flex for me. woven 7 has good stiffness but is too hard to maneuver. too headheavy for me (maybe i should just keep trying my arm...)

13. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    i only have a Woven 16, a gift from a friend.
    other SOTX rackets i'm not sure, but sitffness wise, the W16 about the same as my SW31

14. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

wow, a 16? how is that? plays simliar to any of the victor racquets?

15. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

That probably settles it then, the RP11 is a different racket entirely from the PW11!

Its weird that they decided to rename the PW12 to the RP12 (I'm pretty sure its the same model) but came up with something entirely different for the PW11.:confused::confused:

16. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    my Woven 16 states 89.5grams, B/P 292, 676mm. anyway, even balance, slim shaft, not very stiff (discovered after a few more hours of playing that it is less stiff than my Superwaves 31), but very easy to handle. stable frame, very fast to swing, can change from defence to offense very fast. narrow cross section, so that explains the fast reaction. quite powerful, even more than MP LE, SW32.
    nope, none of the Victor's i have used is similar.

17. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    does pw11 comes with a anti-vibration cap? The above picture looks abit different than the pw11 imo.

edited: ok ignore my post, found some similar picture on other website.

#17 -Silver-, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  18. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

I just got a SW32 in HK for around $900HKD. Not sure if that is a good price. Anyways, my dad bought it and I am not sure if he asked for the correct grip size. I have a quick question, is the lightest SW32 a 3U? and how does victor determine grip size? I heard they are the opposite of yonex? G1 (victor) = G5 (yonex)? I need to know right away. Also, does this information appear on the racquet itself? ie. like yonex

Thanks

19. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    I have a 4U SW32, G2 grip size in between G4/5
    also SW32 should be around 780HKD

20. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

I guess my dad bought the racquet for a little too much then. Anyways, the SW32 I have is 4U G2 also...