Tournament pre-game warm-up

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by BadWedge, Feb 13, 2008.

1. BadWedge

BadWedge New Member

What do folks do as a warm-up with a tournament opponent, besides clears so as not to reveal your arsenal or lack there of? Typical etiquette please.

2. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

Besides clears... Drops? :D

3. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

well look at the pros...
    they just clear, drop and net play a little and then the occasional smash. you know... its all very relaxed. dont have to show that you make the shot during warm up

4. Bertje

Bertje Regular Member

Student
    Just start easy with some netdrops (not too sharp ones, just relax) and then both go back on step at a time very slowly, so that you'll both end up at the end of the field, from where you play some clears. That way you start with very soft strokes and you're muscles can warm up.
    After that, I'dd try to do a few easy, not to hard smashes just to get the feeling of it.

That is how I normally do it, if my opponents agrees to it that is.
    I feel it to be more comfortable then start clearing right away.

5. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    simple stuff, clears then drops, smashes, drives and nets, you basiically want to warm up your muscles so you take it easy dont have to crank them and dont have to get the drops super tight same with the net shots. i wouldnt worry much about giving away strengths or weaknesses personally when i warm up thats not even on my mind i will watch the other persons technique so that im familar with it so that i can see if theres anything that shows what shot there going to do etc but yeah. just make sure you are good and warm before you start the game a good warm up is important.