The Amazing Race Asia Season 2 (TARA2)

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by robin7, Feb 14, 2008.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Source: The Star Online

Race to the finish

Will it be the cocky Filipino boys, the calm Singaporeans or the amusing Malaysian sisters? Who do you think will win the The Amazing Race Asia 2 and walk home with the US$100,000 (RM323,900) prize money? Let’s take a look at the three teams and examine their strengths, weaknesses and, of course, their entertainment value.

Mark Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez

It is undeniable that these two boys from the Philippines are strong. They are quick in their tasks, good with directions and they work well together. No fights and no tears.

So far, Marc, 31, and Rovilson, 30, have come first in eight out of the 12 legs of the race, a truly impressive feat. [​IMG] Filipinos Marc Nelson (left) and Rovilson Fernandez seem to have a pretty strong grip on the prize, given that they’ve emerged first in eight of the race’s 12 legs.

The two seem to have a pretty strong hold on the prize. Possible stumbling blocks however may be over-confidence and bad luck.

Entertainment value? While their comic antics and clowning around was amusing in the first few episodes of the race, it is becoming a tad tiresome now. What were those fake moustaches all about? And running to the pit stop in Budapest, hiding behind two pathetic-looking tree branches? Stick to your day jobs guys.

Adrian Yap and Collin Low

Cool is what Adrian, 27, and Collin, 35, from Singapore are. The two have kept closely behind Marc and Rovilson throughout the race, mostly coming in second to the Filipino boys. However, in the last five legs, the two have shown that they won’t go down without a fight. In fact, they beat the Filipinos and came in first consecutively in the 10th and 11th leg.

Their greatest strength is probably their foresight: booking their tickets online as far as possible, as well as the support they lend each other. [​IMG] Collin Low (left) and Adrian Yap from Singapore probably need to push themselves a bit more to beat the Filipino boys.

Their weakness? Though Adrian has a hearing disability, I don’t think this is the boys’ biggest weakness. They need to perhaps push themselves a bit (just a little bit) more to beat the Filipino boys and, for heaven’s sake, learn to operate a push start car!

Pamela and Vanessa Chong

The Chong sisters have indeed proven their mettle by making it to the finals. The two started the race with great promise: coming in first in the first episode. However, since then, the two have managed to escape elimination but not without their fair share of scrapes (Vanessa got a concussion after her 10m dive and had a meltdown when she had to drive a manual car). [​IMG] Malaysian sisters Vanessa (left) and Pamela Chong have shown their willingness to go all out to win The Amazing Race 2.

Their greatest strength would be their willingness to go all out for the race. In the last leg, for example, they were the only team to use their hands to scoop a huge pile of elephant dung into a wheelbarrow instead of using the small spades given! Now that’s bold.

Their biggest weakness is their inability to perform well under pressure. We’ve seen, time and again, how both Pamela, 24, and Vanessa, 29, buckle under pressure: Pamela tends to get a bit bossy while Vanessa just breaks down and can’t think.

Their entertainment value is huge. From the way they talk (they showcase the Malaysian lingo to perfection) and the things they say .. they make us laugh out loud. Every week.

#1 robin7, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I just finished watching the finale.

Congratulations to Adrian and Collin on winning TARA 2. The Chong sisters came 2nd and the favorite Filipino boys finished 3rd.

#2 robin7, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, conrats to the singapore team...

4. george@chongwei

congrats also to the malaysian team for beating the phillipines boys...
    the phillipines team lost their time during the task: FLAG

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    At last team Singapore manage to WIN it after trailing behind the Philipino Guys most of the time. I'm very happy for them. Great to know our Malaysian Girls are in 2nd place. It shows that our girls got the goods. I hope there will be more Malaysian girls featured in Amazing Race Asia Season 3.

6. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    The turning point was the de tour or road block where teams have to place the FLAGS according in the order they visited during the entire race. The Filipino boys were the first team to start the FLAGS, followed by the sisters. The Singapore team were last to start the FLAGS because they forgot to ask the taxi driver to wait for them while they were picking the clue. Adrian was quick to complete the FLAGS and Adrian and Collin rushed to the finishing first. Rovilson's poor memory cost them the race.

7. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

wtf or FAIR DINKUM... i just found out such a race existed. too long in aussie -land. must have been nice to watch. especially the malaysian girls....hehehe malaysia boleh. congrats singapore as well !! i feel cheated now, i've been watching the american one on tv.... maybe australia have not realised they are nearer to asia.

8. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I'm interested in joining the race. Anyone wants to be my partner?

9. george@chongwei

now the amazing race asia 3 is out for the aplication..
    anyone who interested can go to the website.

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Paula is a babe.

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I heard that one of the girls have something on with Mark Nelson.

12. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
  13. george@chongwei

have somthing on??
    have wat actually ?

14. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I think ants is refering to one of the Thai girls, Paula.

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Yes, The Sweeties Thai VJs ;) She is too hot for TARA title :D