Yonex shops in Tokyo/Kyoto

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by saytani, Feb 14, 2008.

1. saytani

saytani New Member

Hi Everyone

My first posting. How exciting :)
    Anyway, was wondering if anyone knew of good (i.e. cheap) shops that stock Yonex gear (in particular rackets) in Tokyo or Kyoto.
    Am planning a trip there and wanted to plan ahead.

Cheers
    :cool:

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, "'good & cheap' shops...in Tokyo"..i should keep an eye on any response(s)..hmm..;)
    Btw, here are a couple of similar threads;):
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47681
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8182

#2 ctjcad, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  3. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    2-yota and I went to Tokyo and Kyoto last October. With our SO's going left and right into all fashion shops, we were starved of racket shops so we were in a heightened state on the look-out for any shops (we also googled when we had access).

Kyoto had only a few shops but in general their prices are higher than Tokyo and the selection was less. One of the Yonex stores we wanted to see was closed for that day of the week.

Two chain shops we saw in Tokyo that have decent selection are Wembley and Windsor.
    There's locations in Ikebukuro, Shinjuku and Shibuya (couldn't find the shops here though but that's our fault).

If you've been to Hong Kong, the prices in Tokyo are not considered cheap by a far margin. Although, they have the JP models...

4. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Even though prices in Japan are more expensive than HK, it is still cheaper than New Zealand : )

5. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Yup.. Armortec900 P/T NZ coded is about 310NZD at the shop at NorthHarbour Badmtinon, but in Japan, they're about 270NZD.
    I buy all my badminton equipment from Japan except my shoes because my feet are over-sized..
    saytani, I suggest you to buy alot of strings in Japan such as the nbg98, bg88ti, bg65power, etc which are not available in NewZealand.. Buy them for about 13$ each, sell them for 20$ each in NewZealand ( a pack of bg65 costs 20NZD in NZ ). Great business opportunity lol.

6. saytani

saytani New Member

Thanks for all your postings. Have found them most interesting and useful :)