User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 158
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crosscourt View Post
    Beckham's coach wasn't too happy with him either!

    Maybe KKK will get more sponsorship money if he turns himself into a fashion icon
    I believe the 'la la' and 'jinjang joe' market is pretty big.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,132
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
    i am not a conservative guy. in fact, i don't mind KKK having bracelets or dyed hair etc etc but BLONDE? OMG! It looks so "la la" (malaysian slang).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    The trick is not to overdo things. One ring and a gold/silver chain should be enough. Its classy, very GQ. But when you have a host of gold rings, chains and bracelet, coupled with a full blonde hair, I am sorry it is no longer stylish. It is very jinjang joe. Instead you are gonna be looking like some loan shark or tow truck operator types.

    But I guess fashion is a very subjective thing. The 'jinjang joes' will find the gold rings, chains and blonde hair stylish.
    LOL, "Jinjang Joe", kah kah. My male friends & colleagues are macho guys, no chains, bracelets, ear rings, they just say "young ppl nowadays a lot of styles".
    The last time I saw KKK play it's one gold chain, 1 ear ring, 1 ring, 1 Phiten bracelet & maybe 1 Phiten necklace. As Phiten endorser, no sure how many he has to wear.
    THe loan sharks I've seen wear much more accesories than that ++ tatoos.

    The funny thing is you all guys are unhappy with it, some are young men too, my pals(guys & gals) & I couldnt care less what colour KKK's hair is or accesories he has. Same with every other player.
    + I'm a 0 accessory gal - no chains, ear rings, bracelets, necklace of any kind but I dont care what other people wear, only interested in the player's game.

    Cooler, KKK is focused on winning OG, TBH is the one targeted as weak link by their opponents. Like Ants said, there's certain reason KKK dyed his hair blonde , game wise, we'll see, we'll see.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 02-15-2008 at 03:49 PM.

  3. #20
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hmm...all this talk about KKK going full blonde..

    ..but is/are there any pic(s) of his new blonde shag??..Or should we ask kwun to try and re-create KKK's new hairdo, like he did last yr with KKK's bald head??..

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    LOL, "Jinjang Joe", kah kah. My male friends & colleagues are macho guys, no chains, bracelets, ear rings, they just say "young ppl nowadays a lot of styles".
    The last time I saw KKK play it's one gold chain, 1 ear ring, 1 ring, 1 Phiten bracelet & maybe 1 Phiten necklace. As Phiten endorser, no sure how many he has to wear.
    THe loan sharks I've seen wear much more accesories than that ++ tatoos.

    The funny thing is you all guys are unhappy with it, some are young men too, my pals(guys & gals) & I couldnt care less what colour KKK's hair is or accesories he has. Same with every other player.
    + I'm a 0 accessory gal - no chains, ear rings, bracelets, necklace of any kind but I dont care what other people wear, only interested in the player's game.

    Cooler, KKK is focused on winning OG, TBH is the one targeted as weak link by their opponents. Like Ants said, there's certain reason KKK dyed his hair blonde , game wise, we'll see, we'll see.
    You are spot on when you say youngsters today have a lot of styles. Some are casual. Some are classy. Some are GQ. And of course, some are jinjang joes & the la la type.

    Maybe KKK now is endorsing some hairdye, thus the wholesome blonde look. Chinese with little eyes and blonde hair .... hmmm ... sure gonna be a hit in the jinjang joes and la la market. Sg Wang will sure be KKK's hangout.

    Hope all this self glamour wont affect his performance in the coming AE.

  5. #22
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow.. to say KKK is a Jinjang or associate his hairstyle with Jinjang... hmmm.. great.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, I didnt say KKK is a jinjang joe. I said his new style will definately appeal to the joes and la las.

    And there is perfectly nothing wrong with that. Different people have different tastes. To me, chinese with a full blonde hair and rings, chains and the whole works, it is just a tad too much. But to the joes out there ... its stylo mylo.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i can't believe some of you guys. KKK dyeing his hair blond is merely a personal preference. he is not harming anybody by doing it. it is not a moral issue. he is not beating people up, or going on a drinking binge and creating disturbances. who are we to judge what he should or should not wear. do you like other people criticising what you wear and then to add insult to injury, to associate your dressing with your performance at work. it is like saying if the person goes to his office wearing t shirt and gold chains that he is a no gooder. what you wear does not represent your ability to do your job. and frankly i feel some people are too condescending. i agree with eaglehelang, if you want to judge the players, judge them by their performance.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    5,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't understand why we need to fussed over this matter.Its really funny that someone is actually open a thread to discuss his hair colour.I agree with eagle and azabah that we can't relate his fashion preference to his performance or his game.Did you mean wearing gold chain or dyeing hair will sure lead to bad performance or those without bracelet will surely perform well???

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..but is/are there any pic(s) of his new blonde shag??..Or should we ask kwun to try and re-create KKK's new hairdo, like he did last yr with KKK's bald head??..


    Source: The Star Online

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,132
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    i can't believe some of you guys. KKK dyeing his hair blond is merely a personal preference. he is not harming anybody by doing it. it is not a moral issue. he is not beating people up, or going on a drinking binge and creating disturbances. who are we to judge what he should or should not wear....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    I don't understand why we need to fussed over this matter.Its really funny that someone is actually open a thread to discuss his hair colour.I agree with eagle and azabah that we can't relate his fashion preference to his performance or his game.Did you mean wearing gold chain or dyeing hair will sure lead to bad performance or those without bracelet will surely perform well???
    Patience, Aza, patience, all these young ppl, tsk, tsk.
    The thing is, the guys in KKK age range i.e. 18-25, are unhappy about it, I thought the younger people like such things.

    Although I could not fathom all these fashion stuff & will never subscribe to such fashion, it's not for me to judge others. Was trying to point out some ppl wear them for health or religous reasons, some wear even more than KKK.

    Now is a male player plays shirtless, that would be interesting...he he he.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..but is/are there any pic(s) of his new blonde shag??..Or should we ask kwun to try and re-create KKK's new hairdo, like he did last yr with KKK's bald head??..
    It came in yesterday's The Star, hence the discussion.

    The Star, 15 Feb 2008

    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...ports/20337042
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 02-15-2008 at 09:59 PM.

  11. #28
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did met up with KKK yesterday. His hair looks blonder than the one in the pic. I would say its a nice color.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,469
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whats a "jinjang joe" anyway ?

  13. #30
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jinjang is a place in Kuala Lumpur where so called Many Ah Beng's live. They stereotypically protrayed as materialistic and shallow, being flashy and often seen with Gold chains etc. So instead calling them ah Beng's.. they are called Jinjang or JinJang Joe. And not forgetting most Chinese live in JinJang.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No one is judging KKK based on his new all blonde hairdo. For those who are now all worked up, I suggest take a chill pill instead. Who is talking about moral issues here??

    All I am suggesting is that KKK's new all blonde hairdo will most certainly appeal to a certain group of people. It is also in my opinion that Asians i.e. chinese & blonde hairdo dont match.

    So to all those so called 'righteous' people out there, please la get down from that mechanical horse of yours.

    And for that someone who thinks it is funny that there is a thread on KKK's new hairdo, hey there are threads such as 'The Shoes Lin Dan is wearing', 'Who Are The Smokers', "New female Attire', 'Who Is Dating Who' etc .... you dont find those funny?? Blinders

    Yes, agree, KKK should be judged like all other shuttlers, based on their performance. AE is gonna be interesting.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    KL, MAL
    Posts
    697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jinjang is a place in KL. However, during thr 80's, this word has been used to describe certain type of people who are normally not english educated, gangster like (note i am not saying they are gangster), who like to wear big gold chain to show off, normally with dragon tattoo and etc etc. So, instead of a noun, the word Jinjang is now a verb.

    To be fair to Pemuda, when he used the word Jinjang, i don't think he really meant to put down people living in Jinjang but he is just describing KKK's new look.

  16. #33
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jinjang to descibe KKK's look.. i dont see many JingJang fellows sporting his kind of hair or vice versa. It will be more complementing if describe or compare with someone positive.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
    Jinjang is a place in KL. However, during thr 80's, this word has been used to describe certain type of people who are normally not english educated, gangster like (note i am not saying they are gangster), who like to wear big gold chain to show off, normally with dragon tattoo and etc etc. So, instead of a noun, the word Jinjang is now a verb.

    To be fair to Pemuda, when he used the word Jinjang, i don't think he really meant to put down people living in Jinjang but he is just describing KKK's new look.
    Thanks.

    I know some will and is already trying to spin it that way.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •